Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any advice trying to lose weight when you're already "thin"?

I'm 5'6 and 128 pounds. I'm most comfortable at 115lbs (what I used to be), but I find it very difficult to lose weight when I'm already at a very normal BMI. I eat 1200 calories a day, but do I need to cut down even more? Is it even possible with my BMR to lose 2 pounds a week?

Replies

• cms1341
    cms1341 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 5'6 and 132 lbs and I'm 19% body fat and like a size 2-3. As far as weight goes you're in a great spot. Anytime I've been 115ish I've looked kinda sick. I agree maybe you need to start just worrying about how your body looks and feels instead
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    porscheMD wrote: »
    I'm 5'6 and 128 pounds. I'm most comfortable at 115lbs (what I used to be), but I find it very difficult to lose weight when I'm already at a very normal BMI. I eat 1200 calories a day, but do I need to cut down even more? Is it even possible with my BMR to lose 2 pounds a week?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat#latest
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited March 2019
    Op, I'm also 5, ft 6in (and probably quite a bit older than you, based on your profile pic), and I'm working on vanity maintenance pounds right now, and I'm eating 1,350 calories a day. I have my target set for .5lb a week. Anything more than that is just too aggressive at this point.

I've also been down close to your goal weight and it just wasn't sustainable or a good look on me. Like others have said, you might want to look into recomp.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    This thread is five years old. Pretty sure she's figured it out by now.

Ha, missed that!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    zeejane03 wrote: »
    This thread is five years old. Pretty sure she's figured it out by now.

Ha, missed that!

stupid zombie threads! :grumble: