Let's Start a Group! TALL WOMEN UNITED :-)

Options

Replies

• SunflowerCutie
    SunflowerCutie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8/9 and currently weight 205lbs. Some people told me I look find and I don't need to lose anymore weight. REALLY???????
  • nadinetrolley
    nadinetrolley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow tall ladies!!

I've just stumbled upon this thread, and i think its a fabulous idea to have a group!
    Like all of you, I to have heard all of the 'you don't need to lose weight', 'you don't look like that weight though'.
    I find it highly infuriating that people seem to think that because you are tall you can carry the weight better! I'm pretty sure if they were lugging around the extra 30-40lbs they would want to lose it too!!
    so here are my stats:
    SW: 201
    CW: 195
    GW: 160

Good luck to us all and stay motivated girls!!

:D
  • nadinetrolley
    nadinetrolley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say i'm 5'10!!
    :p
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9".5 and would love to know where the jeans are. I am always stuck feeling like I am waiting for a flood.
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yay tall girl threads are my favorite. I'm 5'10" 119-124, (well this week up to 127 thank you hormones). I'm ectomorphic for sure. Gluten free, pescatarian and very active on here so friend me up!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a few friends that have similar goals to me. I'm 5' 9.5" and weigh about 175 (I've just come back to mfp and I'm scared to check the scale!). I'm 40 years old. My goal weight is 150. I've reached 160 before, but I've never got below. I'm a kindergarten teacher is Saskatchewan, Canada and I have 2 young girls aged 7 & 9.

If you are similar to me, please add me as a friend. I'm logging daily and looking for some conversation and motivation. ;)
  • Vina4
    Vina4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and currently 292. I started at 303. My goal weight is 185-190. I have family and friends saying i look good or i get the comment that if i would just a little bo it in the boobs I wouldnt need to lose weight. Can the not see that I have a huge stomach and thunder thighs? Jeeze it is rediculous. Anywho, anyone want to add me go ahead.
  • christina1d
    christina1d Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yay for all the tall girls! I'm 5'9" and 205. All legs and a very short torso so it's so hard to find long enough jeans or even yoga pants that aren't at my ankles. I have tried mfp in the past and am just coming back to it.

SW 205
    GW 150
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im yoovie. Im 5'11 and 175 and havent been focusing on losing weight for the last two years in favor of building muscle, but now Im going to slim down a bit again and want to lose a solid 20 pounds before May

I love the way I felt at about 155 and I would totally dig being there again. Since its getting to be my hard core training part of the year, Im excited to see how I look different at that weight again now that ive put on so much muscle.

Here is me 2 years ago at about 160:

0eak5rh9bdly.jpg

And here is me now at about 175

r9va2ayg7tcf.jpg

• headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    In for tall girls.
  • KimPossible1965
    KimPossible1965 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'd like the join the group. I'm 5'9, and 173.3. I'm new here! Just joined My Fitness Pal last week.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    5'11" here. Currently 178 making my way slowly down to 150 or 160.
    Now that all of us tall ladies are in one place, can we start talking about some important issues? Like how to find cute shoes that don't have sky-high heels. Or how to respond to the 1,000 strangers a year that say "wow - you're really tall"?
  • Anurple
    Options
    Hey - 6 foot teen here :) My torso is super long and my legs are longer than average :) what's a good weight for us tallies? All my friends are around 100 - 110lbs, but at my height I feel like that's dangerously skinny... where's good for us?
  • Anurple
    Options
    Oh , forgot - 206 lbs, goal at 150-ish lbs :)
  • Can I join as well? I'm 6'1. Currently 220 (ugh). But I've spent the better part of the last 5 years between 185 - 195. I'm aiming to get back to that. At that I'm a nice size 8.
  • yoovie
    Options
    Anurple wrote: »
    Hey - 6 foot teen here :) My torso is super long and my legs are longer than average :) what's a good weight for us tallies? All my friends are around 100 - 110lbs, but at my height I feel like that's dangerously skinny... where's good for us?

Ive found that for me, at 5'll being between 145 and 160 sticks me in the same size range as the 100-120 group of my shorter girlfriends.

• yoovie
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ie a size 5/6 in juniors - at 178 Im a size 9
  • mnnyc
    mnnyc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's so great to see so many other tall women! I hate when people ask me if I played basketball because I'm soooo tall (uh really? creative.) Anyone else get the basketball comments?

I'm a tiny bit over 5'10 and I currently weigh 175, down from 195 a few months ago. I've been up and down over the past many years (i'm 23) and now I am focused on maintaining muscle as I lose weight as I'm easing my way into training for a half marathon. I really want to make this a sustainable change this time! People are welcome to add me as well - I'm on here every day.
  • gildakaufman
    gildakaufman Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5'11'' here. Currently at 293 looking to hit 175 to get in my healthy BMI range, then reassess my goals from there. Totally agreeing with the pants stuff, except i'm this awkward length where regulars are highwaters and talls are just a tad too long, even after a wash. I usually have to have someone hem them for me to get it just right. My length is in my torso, so I usually have to wear mens t shirts in order to make sure my stomach stays covered, ugh, the struggle is real ladies lol.
    Would love an add from anyone looking, so feel free.
  • clare120
    clare120 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'9 and I haven't weighed myself in a month but last time I weighed myself I was 153. My next weigh in is coming up on Friday and I am expecting to be 150 or less. Size 6 jeans, size 4 everything else! Small tops.

HW: 165
    SW:160
    CW:150
    GW:130
    UGW:122