What piece of clothing made you realize.....

Options

Replies

• thatsyum
    thatsyum Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Work slacks that used to look good, looked like leggings. :'(
  • LazyCatPame
    LazyCatPame Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    In the beginning it was something I almost didn't notice because I wear the first thing I find. I started discarding pants to the bottom of the closet because they wouldn't zip, until one day I decided to check how many I "grew out off" (I was 16-17, I thought it was just normal to be outgrowing some clothes) and realized that I could only wear three of them. Then, well, I never minded the scale that much, but I faced it and found I was wighting 63.5kg (140lbs) being 5'6"-7" (not that much, but it all went to my belly). Then I started dieting with mom, lost that weight (to 120 pounds) and now I can wear stuff I wasn't wearing since I was like 13 (not exaggerating), and since most of those clothes are jeans, they're ok to wear at 19. I came here after losing my weight, just to keep my calorie intake on the line.
  • LunaGypsyCat
    LunaGypsyCat Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    Options
    It wasn't clothing that did it for me... I saw myself in a mirror will shopping and I knew if was time for a change.
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've gotten a few 2X shirts that were to tight for me. Most womans shirts that I like dont go to 3X inless you go to the plus section. I normally wear mens t-shirts for this reason.
  • Kylie814
    Kylie814 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Everything.. when it came to the point where I only wanted to wear sweats and baggy shirts... Everything in my closet made me feel uncomfortable..
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    My answer would have to be "every pair of pants I owned except one". The day I realized I could only zip one pair of pants, I finally got the hint.
  • brischu2243
    Options
    I hadn't put on shorts all winter, I tried to pull on the pair I had worn the year previous this summer and they wouldn't even go up over my thighs. I had to go up two sizes.
  • coruscatti
    Options
    None of them. All my clothes still fit more or less the same. I don't know where the 10 pounds I gained actually went.
  • 23kat23
    23kat23 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My favourite jean jacket: Got too tight in the arms :( I will wear it again someday soon!!!
  • karenlwhendrix
    karenlwhendrix Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My sports bras - they are already pretty tight to keep the girls from punching me out while running. Gaining weight makes them practically a torture device. But I'm thankful to have that reminder to keep my health in check.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I wore out the elastic on my "fat" pants
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Keep going, we all going to be able to fit back into those clothes and drop below that size one day :)
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    busting the button on my tight 66 size work pants which were my one and only work pants (yep i had to wash them every night so they were pretty sad looking) Started my WOE the next day.

Size 36 now so i def' don't ever want fit in those busted pants again.
    Falcon wrote: »
    Keep going, we all going to be able to fit back into those clothes and drop below that size one day :)
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    as most people have said -- jeans or other bottoms. the way they'd dig into my stomach when i'd sit, and how my fat would bulge, and just how ugly i felt my gut looked. also, my inner thighs would rub together so much that the denim completely rubbed away and there'd be holes there instead. so embarrassing, AND the chafing was painful.
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I wore a leopard print dress for a two-year anniversary with my then-boyfriend. A waitress took a picture of us on my phone. Even though said dress is now too big and I'm marrying that boyfriend this spring, I'm still embarrassed of that picture and what I let myself get to those years ago. Never, ever again.
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Falcon wrote: »
    What piece of clothing made you realize you needed to do something about your weight?

All of them. I got fat.
  • HazelBug1987
    HazelBug1987 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My entire wardrobe. I gain weight while pregnant. I tried not to gain a ton but I still gained 48 pounds this time. (Down by 20 since delivery). I would love to fit into something that isn't a big baggy t-shirt and pajama pants.
  • ikkinr20
    ikkinr20 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I bought a sweater from Zulily a year ago. The size was the right for me with all other clothes...but not this sweater. My arms were too big. I kept it though so that I could use it for motivation. I'm doing my weigh ins every week, but every month, I'm taking my measurements. Part of that ritual is, if I lose inches off those arms of mine, I try the sweater on again - just to see.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I went shopping for a Mother of the Groom dress in Jan 2014. I was in an 18... Five feet tall...I looked like a wall. That was my moment. The next day I ordered a swim suit and then started swimming. Funny thing is the scale has not moved much but I I have lost at least 10 inches all over me. I am now in a 14.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    When I was due to start a new job in January and I spent a full week trying to find jeans that fit so I'd have clothes for work. A month or two later those jeans were too big to wear anywhere!

I pretty much always measure by my jeans. The jeans I'm wearing right now were just fitting right in August, then I put 7lb back on and they were bulging, I'm down 3lb again and they're starting to get loser again. Love it. :)