Green Tea question?

Options
1235»

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    So is init2winit66 right and that your 2L a day can only include water?
    On what basis is she making that statement?
    Where is it backed up?

Anyone care to clarify?

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/features/healthy-beverages
    What Counts as Water?

Fruits are an excellent source for water. Watermelon is 90% water, so it ranks highest on the list. Oranges, grapefruit, and melons like cantaloupe and honeydew are also strong contenders.

Vegetables, though not as full of water as fruit, can also provide a nutrient-rich water source. Stick with celery, cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers, and Romaine lettuce.

There are plenty of hidden sources of water in your diet, says White. If you want to tap into these foods, reach for oatmeal, yogurt, soup, and smoothies.

Besides guzzling water, milk is a top choice to refuel. Sodas, even diet ones, get a bad rap for lacking nutritional value, but they can still be hydrating. Juices and sports drinks are also hydrating -- you can lower the sugar content by diluting them with water.

Coffee and tea also count in your tally. Many used to believe that they were dehydrating, but that myth has been debunked. The diuretic effect does not offset hydration.

Alcohol is a huge dehydrator, says White. You should try to limit your intake, but if you are going to raise a glass, aim for at least a one-to-one ratio with water.

If you don't like the taste of plain water, White suggests adding lemon to it. Or test out your own concoction, like sparkling water with raspberries with a sprig of mint.
  • Brownseabottles
    Options
    Um yeah, thanks Google... I'm not so sure about it now, lol. loqxvd16x7z2.jpg
    gre.jpg 258.4K
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the green tea for weight loss. I can't stand the taste, which is weird because I love Oolong and its a very grassy. I know that all teas contain polyphenols which are supposed to be good for you.

Also, when i was pregnant I was drinking a ton of decaf black tea and my doctor told me not to have it with meals as it can interfere with digesting nutrients.
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of green tea in general. I gotta say, one summer I drank a pitcher of green tea a day (instead of coffee) and I definitely lost weight, combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise. I can't say for sure that the green tea would help on its own, but I definitely found that it suppressed my appetite (liquid+caffeine = feeling full longer). Putting sugar in it defeats the purpose though. Consider stevia, agave or coconut sugar, and then wean yourself off that. Mint green tea helps hide the grassy flavour, as well as fruity flavoured green teas, so try different combination herbal-green teas. It's not a miracle tea, but I think as part of a balanced habit system it can be a useful tool!
  • kellyvilla7
    kellyvilla7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Instead of buying green tea do this. Take the money you would have spent and throw it up in the air outside on a windy day. Watch it start to blow away. Now chase after it and collect the bills. The calories you burn will probably help your weight loss more than the green tea.

lipton green tea is like 95 cents at target

• kellyvilla7
    kellyvilla7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    but as far as green tea goes I replaced my normal tea which I like the detox one by traditional medicines or chamomile to green tea I will update if I see results I thought it was worth a try
  • pateric64
    Options
    Add coconut oil to your tea. Mix in a blender. Frothy. Fat calories. Delicious!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    fatcity66 wrote: »
    999tigger wrote: »
    kmack29_ wrote: »
    i'm a huge tea person! i dislike just plain old water, so i drink lots of tea as a way to get my water in! when i started drinking green tea i added sugar as well, but now its straight! i find it an acquired taste. you can try drinking different types of green tea? i'm a big fan of honey lemon ginseng!

you can't count tea as your water intake...water only...but at least you're staying hydrated.

Think youll find its 2l of fluid a day. Tea and Coffee count towards it.

nope, water is water in my book.

Tea, sodas, and coffee all count towards your water intake.
    You don't have to go by "his/her book."

I use to think this, but then I googled it a bit and discovered that the caffeine that is added to the water can actually end up dehydrating you if you don't balance it out with normal decaffeinated water.

Google again. That information was debunked a few years ago.

Yep, not true at all.
  • Tim_Simons
    Tim_Simons Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Green tea has caffeine which is not good. But I'd choose green tea over coffee. Sorry. I drink my coffee with NO SUGAR. I liked it. I noticed my tummy trimmed down but it's not that noticeable. As far as I know you have to drink tea 5x a day to lose weight. I only steep like 3x so I dunnow if that's a factor. By the end of the end, I make sure i drink lots of water. To flush out everything! Water is still the best for you body.
  • Juliarosemary66
    Juliarosemary66 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Interesting responses to what to count as water. Food for thought indeed! I have never counted my tea/coffee in my water and never reach the recommended water intake for the day! Now if I keep on drinking like I've been drinking I'll exceed my water target! A miracle indeed! I've improved my lifestyle with no effort! What a revelation! PS I love green tea!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Tim_Simons wrote: »
    Green tea has caffeine which is not good. But I'd choose green tea over coffee. Sorry. I drink my coffee with NO SUGAR. I liked it. I noticed my tummy trimmed down but it's not that noticeable. As far as I know you have to drink tea 5x a day to lose weight. I only steep like 3x so I dunnow if that's a factor. By the end of the end, I make sure i drink lots of water. To flush out everything! Water is still the best for you body.
    x927740v209x.gif