MFP yells at me saying I am under the 1200 calorie minimum when I am over it.

Options
124»

Replies

• PowerAJS
    PowerAJS Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about an app yelling at you, you have bigger problems.
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200-1300 a day, and I am pretty active on days I work out (2-4 days a week) and I have done well this way.
  • shadowjack1965
    shadowjack1965 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    jweidner33 wrote: »
    If I finish my day (on a day I don't work out) close to, but over the net 1200 rule MFP will tell me to stop being dumb and eat more. Just yesterday I finished around 1350 and it yelled at me. anyone else see this? I couldn't find anything about it on the tech support forums. I don't like when it yells at me :'(
    Happens to me too sometimes, I just ignore it. I try to not use the "credits" the workout gives me and try to stay between 1200 and 1500 calories per day. It's possible to do this and still go to bed full and filled so I say don't let the naysayers get ya down. :)

• stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think you should eat just a little more. Losing weight is fine but you want to keep as much muscle as possible. MFP just updated their site so I think the error message may need to be adjusted if it says you're below 1200 but your minimum is actually 1400.
  • anchetaaa
    Options
    I'd yell at you too :b lol eat more!!!
  • jweidner33
    jweidner33 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    jweidner33 wrote: »
    Okay, here's what it says:
    For safe weight loss, the National Institutes of Health recommends no less than 1000-1200 calories for women and 1200-1500 calories for men.

So it's a little weird that they set the ladies warning on the low end of the threshold, and the dudes to the high end, but I don't really see a bug here - as it's giving a range, not a concrete number.

The bug is that the website doesn't yell at me only the app does.

And you didn't think that was relevant information to include? *pats you on head*

I didn't figure that out until you said you were going to go test it. That is when I had the light bulb go off and tried it on the website. I posted that giving you credit but again with so many people worrying that I was trying to kill myself it probably got missed. Anyhoo thanks for the help!
  • jweidner33
    Options
    anchetaaa wrote: »
    I'd yell at you too :b lol eat more!!!

I have a 16 yr old daughter that yells at me all the time so I am used to it lol. She just yells at me for other things.
  • jweidner33
    Options
    If you're worried about an app yelling at you, you have bigger problems.

This is most likely true.