shell6469 Posts: 54 Member
    bump. Inspiring. Thank you.
  • lonnieo3
    lonnieo3 Posts: 3 Member
    fist bump? arrrrrgggggggggggggh
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    lonnieo3 wrote: »
    I am a novice runner (3 to 5 miles 3 days a week) and find that I am more consistent running by myself than I am working out with weights in basement alone. I have lost weight 25lbs over six months and two pant sizes; but, I still do not have a six pack. I have nothing to add to thread I just want to say that out loud. Maybe someone could offer me on motivation tips for going at a lone with weights.

Find some sort of strength training you enjoy? Some people prefer body weight, some people prefer group workouts (like boot camps). Swimming can be resistance training.
  • usmcmp
    fist bump? arrrrrgggggggggggggh

Bump means they want to follow the thread or they want others to see it. They are "bumping" it up to the top of the recent thread list.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Bumping so I can find it again.
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Hmm, looking for a perfect belly is now becoming the dream of every folks, and we must have to know that for getting something good and attractive we have to do certain possible things. Thanks for the tips that you had mentioned here for reducing belly fat and keeping it attractive and in shape.It will going to help many women to keep their belly attractive.
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 196 Member
    bump because this sounds like a sound plan!!!
  • tinklemar
    tinklemar Posts: 71 Member
    bump for later
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I am a novice runner (3 to 5 miles 3 days a week) and find that I am more consistent running by myself than I am working out with weights in basement alone. I have lost weight 25lbs over six months and two pant sizes; but, I still do not have a six pack. I have nothing to add to thread I just want to say that out loud. Maybe someone could offer me on motivation tips for going at a lone with weights.

Find some sort of strength training you enjoy? Some people prefer body weight, some people prefer group workouts (like boot camps). Swimming can be resistance training.

Would Pilates count as a type of strength training?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp wrote: »

Would Pilates count as a type of strength training?

Sort of. It depends on what you do and if you increase the challenge. If you would like further answers please feel free to send me a message.
  • fiveminutes
    fiveminutes Posts: 30 Member
    I'm going to try this. I've never really tried the TDEE approach, but have always looked into it. My belly is the biggest thing that I am self conscious about. My lower belly looks like I've had at least three kids and I've had none. I've had that stomach ever since I've been overweight, and I hate it (yay pear shape!). I've lost almost 63lbs since last September, but stopped everything about 2 months ago because I was going through a rough break up. So now I'm back at it, happy that I only gained 5 lbs during that time. I am going to be doing the stronglifts program, but also training for the Gate River Run, which is a 15k, and I need to have a qualifying 5k time (prior Navy, but hated running so I always swam my PFT), so my goal by March 14, 2015 is to run that 15k and to be happier about my midsection and to finally be close to my goal weight of 160! I could use friends for encouragement if anyone wants to add me.

PS - I don't eat clean, because I know myself, if I deprive myself from things, I will not continue with my lifestyle change. Portion control and impulse control are my biggest weaknesses when it comes to food. I've made it this far with moderation, I know that I can reach my goals and maintain by continuing on this path (with the IF calculator, it shows me reaching my goal by 3/21/15, so maybe I can reach both on race day!)
  • cmoutarimoussa
    cmoutarimoussa Posts: 97 Member
    bump
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Good read! Thanks for sharing
  • Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    You are awesome... Great advice :D
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Hello, I've been wanting to try the TDEE method but I'm a bit confused by the calculator posted. http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ If I don't do any workouts at all it says I will get to my goal weight faster then if I added workouts. I'm just a bit confused.
  • usmcmp
    adamitri wrote: »
    Hello, I've been wanting to try the TDEE method but I'm a bit confused by the calculator posted. http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ If I don't do any workouts at all it says I will get to my goal weight faster then if I added workouts. I'm just a bit confused.

That's because of how page 3 is set up. The default setting is for recomposition, not weight loss. It has you eat TDEE+20% on days you workout. If you change the second graph's percent to -15% or -20% it would be more accurate.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    UncleMac wrote: »
    Bumpity bump bump
    Bumpity bump bump
    Look at belly go!!

Lol Bumpity bump bump here too
  • peterseaford
    peterseaford Posts: 6 Member
    G'day everybody - excuse me - I am just new and need real basic advise. Got a bad heart and had a bypass operation - way way way over weight and to loose heaps so got this program and a fitbit.
    - I am 75 years old - 167 cm tall and today weigh 104.5k - I need to be 60k so a long way to go.
    - trying for 1200 cal daily intake but am stuffed around 900 cal each day.
    - never feel hungry and the wife give me all fresh cooked foods and we register every calorie but she is concerned that i should eat more because she was a weight watcher and they say that if your calories are to low the body will bot lose weight.
    - appreciate your opinion and sorry for breaking in

kindest regards

peter
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    G'day everybody - excuse me - I am just new and need real basic advise. Got a bad heart and had a bypass operation - way way way over weight and to loose heaps so got this program and a fitbit.
    - I am 75 years old - 167 cm tall and today weigh 104.5k - I need to be 60k so a long way to go.
    - trying for 1200 cal daily intake but am stuffed around 900 cal each day.
    - never feel hungry and the wife give me all fresh cooked foods and we register every calorie but she is concerned that i should eat more because she was a weight watcher and they say that if your calories are to low the body will bot lose weight.
    - appreciate your opinion and sorry for breaking in

kindest regards

peter

On 900 cal/day at 104 kg without being hungry, it sounds like your metabolism is wrecked. Eat some more low carb calorie dense foods like steak and sautee your vegetables in butter or olive oil. Gradually eat a few more calories each day and your appetite will improve as your metabolism recovers. Also follow the original poster's recommendations, but make sure you discuss your cardio plan with your doctor.