PISSED. Squats & lunges made me bigger.. wtf!!

Options

Replies

• LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    how long have you been doing them? it might be stored water for repair

Yep and I'm big boned, not fat...
  • KaiteAllewe45
    Options
    booty wow is best way for make boot bigger without exercise i am also using that same product for 3 week now my butts looking so bigger and muscular.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    booty wow is best way for make boot bigger without exercise i am also using that same product for 3 week now my butts looking so bigger and muscular.

spam.gif
  • ndoty_sa
    Options
    Rae6503 wrote: »
    oh cmon, is there anyone who seriously has had success in that area without trying to say "relax, just an inch" how about you relax and actually say something HELPFUL?

I squat 130lbs. No, my thighs haven't gotten much smaller but the over all appearance has greatly improved (and they haven't gotten bigger either).

DSC01915-2.jpg

• ndoty_sa
    Options
    Nice work!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I know this is a old thread but wow OP looking sexy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

seriously- why man. why.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    A month is actually a short time in the scheme of things. Your muscles are still acclimating, and are still swelling. It is temporary.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

seriously- why man. why.

Because she is.
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Feeling on the downside today. I've started to do squats & lunges as reading tips from some MFP members being pear shaped or well carrying most fat on thighs/hips.... and with also eating healthy it has only made them BIGGER. i'm not even overexaggerating, I gained an INCH. an INCH!!! Yes they have more muscle but I was aiming to slim them down / lose inches.

What works for some of you doesn't work for EVERYONE.

I just want to give up. My jeans feel super tight on that area and a girl in the gym who is pear shaped that i've seen have great success told me she stopped doing squats/lunges due to the fact that pear shapes don't always have the best success in that area, so she does alot of cardio and HIIT..

NOW.. to anyone who REALLY has some success stories in that area.. what SERIOUSLY has helped you???

I've said numerous times that if you're pear-shaped, lower-body work with weights will only make you bigger. Few people listen. If your body is programmed to put fat on your hips and butt, an inch is a big, big deal.

I use weights only on my upper body. I do crunches and planks for my abs. As I don't need exceptional lower-body strength for a sport, I don't use weights on my lower half. I also recommend HIIT and steady-state cardio.

You might want to look at a program called Visual Impact for Women. It's not free, but it's sensible. I have no connection to the guy who offers it.

I'm not actively exercising or dieting right now, but I intend to look at eating programs designed to help people lose fat, such as a Protein Sparing Modified Fast.

• Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Probably too much junk in the trunk....
  • Verdenal
    edited October 2014
    Options
    [Deleted: multiple post.]
  • Verdenal
    edited October 2014
    Options
    [Deleted: multiple post. My apologies.]
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Verdenal wrote: »
    Feeling on the downside today. I've started to do squats & lunges as reading tips from some MFP members being pear shaped or well carrying most fat on thighs/hips.... and with also eating healthy it has only made them BIGGER. i'm not even overexaggerating, I gained an INCH. an INCH!!! Yes they have more muscle but I was aiming to slim them down / lose inches.

What works for some of you doesn't work for EVERYONE.
    I just want to give up. My jeans feel super tight on that area and a girl in the gym who is pear shaped that i've seen have great success told me she stopped doing squats/lunges due to the fact that pear shapes don't always have the best success in that area, so she does alot of cardio and HIIT..

NOW.. to anyone who REALLY has some success stories in that area.. what SERIOUSLY has helped you???

I've said numerous times that if you're pear-shaped, lower-body work with weights will only make you bigger. Few people listen. If your body is programmed to put fat on your hips and butt, an inch is a big, big deal.

I use weights only on my upper body. I do crunches and planks for my abs. As I don't need exceptional lower-body strength for a sport, I don't use weights on my lower half. I also recommend HIIT and steady-state cardio.

You might want to look at a program called Visual Impact for Women. It's not free, but it's sensible. I have no connection to the guy who offers it.

I'm not actively exercising or dieting right now, but I intend to look at eating programs designed to help people lose fat, such as a Protein Sparing Modified Fast.

Exactly how does weight training add fat to the lower part of the body? Eating too much adds fat. Eating too much while lifting adds muscle under the fat. Eating at a deficit while lifting decreases fat while retaining muscle.

My pear shape has not had the experience of becoming bigger, just firmer and better shaped.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Thread is from May 2012.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Well... Men like it :disagree:
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi Amanda; this concern of yours is not uncommon, and just keep on your routines. Losing weight is a long-term project, and in time you will slim down. :)
    Don't quit mid-stream.
    Good Luck!
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    I wanted to quit doing lunges and squats... but in reality, even though I'm not smaller -which is my goal, I am a lot firmer, and that is something I think is more important.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

seriously- why man. why.

Because she is.

it's over 2 years old. you could stalk pictures of people without necroing threads.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

seriously- why man. why.

Because she is.

it's over 2 years old. you could stalk pictures of people without necroing threads.

Scroll up to see who brought it back to life. Not this guy.