Who has lost weight with little or no exercise?

Options

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    OMG this thread is amazing! Well done everyone! You have all done so well.

Yes to lose weight its all about your diet - Fitness and exercise does make you feel so good, but to get the lbs to go down on the scales, its eating less!!!

Well done guys xx
  • OldSportOldsport
    OldSportOldsport Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My weightloss (51 pounds) has come mostly from diet. I go to the gym pretty regularly and try to walk when I can but my calorie burn is never very high because I'm just not very good at exercise. I view my exercise as being good for me on a health level rather than especially conducive to weightloss.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    bokaba wrote: »
    If I don't exercise, I don't lose anything no matter how low my calories are.

based on your plateau thread, this is most likely due to inaccurate logging. Which we unfortunately cannot confirm because you got offended at us asking you to make your diary public.

Oh that never gets old

Person 1: I'm having problems losing weight
    Person 2: ok. Open your diary and we will try to help you
    Person 1: go away!

• Shewolfgurl
    Options
    I am one of those with a disability who simply can't do high level cardio or even much weight lifting. I walk a couple of times a week.. more like a slow stroll, and sometimes do a 1 mile Leslie Sansone video. I've lost 15 lbs in 5 months. Fortunately I've learned to love doing things the slow and steady way :) I am now experimenting with alternate day fasting and slightly lowering my carbs. Weight loss is picking up a bit, which is nice.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I lost 63lbs on Weight Watchers with almost no exercise.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I move a lot more in general and half the time i am bouncing off the walls but since starting my WOE i have no intentional fitness program.

That will change once i am at or below goal and shift my focus more to strength training.

Since starting my WOE on August 27th 2013 i have lost 223lbs.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    If channel surfing is considered an exercise... I lost 13lbs so far doing diddly squat. I am starting to weight train now with my BF as my trainer, because I HATE exercise and need him to MAKE me do it... but I am only doing it for my group challenges - and so I won;'t be skinny fat when I am done...
  • sparkynazca
    sparkynazca Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 lbs multiple times with no exercise. But gained it back when I started eating badly again.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I move a lot more in general and half the time i am bouncing off the walls but since starting my WOE i have no intentional fitness program.

That will change once i am at or below goal and shift my focus more to strength training.

Since starting my WOE on August 27th 2013 i have lost 223lbs.

Assuming WOE stands for Way Of Eating.

Yes it does. Sorry about that.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 lbs with nothing more than a daily walk which I started halfway through.

Joining the gym and getting a vivofit were my rewards for getting to my target weight.

Counting calories works. Simple.
  • krontar1
    krontar1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 30 or so pounds with just eating less.
  • agaraffa
    agaraffa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Count me as another non-exerciser... I've lost 56 pounds without a stitch of exercise. Although now that I'm feeling better, I think I'm going to start an exercise program soon. Probably just calisthenics and treadmill work as I'm really not looking to build a lot of muscle.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds by working in a cube farm and watching Netflix when I get home B)
  • thatpowergengirl
    thatpowergengirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Diet is for weightloss. Exercise is for fitness. I think that I don't understand why I would want to be skinny without being fit, so I'm doing both, but it's clearly possible to do just one or the other.

Yes, this. Losing weight doesn't necessarily mean you're losing fat--you could just be putting yourself in "skinny fat territory"--thin with a high body fat percentage.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    edited October 2014
    Options
    For now i take skinny fat over class III morbid obesity. That said i am looking forward to improving my body composition.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 lbs multiple times with no exercise. But gained it back when I started eating badly again.
    ding ding.
    have also yo-yoed on diet only.
    with exercise added,have lost 20kg and still reducing.
  • bethwr1
    bethwr1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's nearly impossible to exercise enough to undo what poor eating habits do to your weight. For me personally, trying to change food intake and exercise level at the same time is a real struggle. I've absolutely lost weight by changing my food intake, but have NEVER lost weight with exercise alone. (I trained for and ran the NY Marathon, never modified my eating habits, and didn't lose a pound - I felt good, though!).
  • tindeyy
    tindeyy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just adding in my two cents that as you get closer to your ideal weight/towards the lower range for a "healthy" weight for a person your size, you have to start exercising. Mainly because you can't cut calories any further.

However I started out only 30 lbs from my goal and lost about 10 of them before I started exercising. Down to the last 15!
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 50 lbs without exercise..I couldnt because of my job.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I've lost 35 pounds in 4.5 months with diet modification alone.

I've plateaued a bit, so now I think I need to change things up a bit and kick my body out of complacency for more weight loss. I bought a bicycle and plan to hit the gym for some jump rope sessions.

Plus, eggnog lattes arrive on Saturday. I've learned that I need to order a short instead of a tall (or a grande!), but I'm also totally willing to bike to Starbucks to burn the calories of the latte I'm about to order.

That said, I am also up for hitting weights and resistance training, to strengthen my core muscles - that support and toning will be important once I hit my goal weight since cosmetic surgery is probably out of the question.