Favorite Snacks You Have Abandoned haha

Options

Replies

• shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I saw a lot of people talking about giving up pop tarts because of the calories. I wouldn't touch one myself for the same reason. But Kelloggs makes pastry crisps, which aren't bad. They are like crunchy pop tarts. I buy the Aldi version, which only has 100 calories in a pack for 2 little wafers.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I still eat whatever I want. However… I admit that "whatever I want" has changed over the past 6 months. I tried a Dr. Pepper a few weeks ago. I ordered a small. I couldn't even drink half of it. It tasted nasty to me. And I used to LOVE DP. Most ice cream is just not worth it to me. Neither are packaged store bought cookies.

FOR ME… It's not the deprivation that sets me up for failure… it's the rules. "No sugar! No soda! No processed foods!" etc, etc. I'm a rebel at heart. If someone tells me I can't have something… my immediate response is somewhere along the lines of F*** you, B***H!" Followed by binge eating that particular item just out of spite. So, I just don't set rules for myself. The truth is…I may not even want it. But if you make something a no-no… I'll eat it out of spite! That's why keto diets or Paleo diets would never work for me. My rebellious nature would rise up against all those strict rules.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I didn't really give anything up, except soda. As for snacks, I was never really a big snacker. I still don't snack a lot, but when I do I don't avoid anything unless I can't make it fit my macros or calories. I still enjoy the occasional pop tart, chips, brownie, crackers, cookies, cheese, etc., but now I actually look at the portion and log it instead of going "sleeve of thin mints, just a snack."
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yes...add my name to the 'peanut butter' or any nut butters...what is it with those anyhow! LOL
  • MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I haven't drank any soft drinks in about 2 weeks which I am in love with Dr. Pepper Cherry but I haven't said to myself "you can't drink this." I just decided to see how drinking just water helped my weight loss and it has. I usually run a 5K or 10K once a month but for the past month, I've upped the number of maintenance runs I do a week to 4. So with the abandoning of pop tarts (which I haven't missed) and soft drinks and increase in running, I've lost 9 pounds in the past 2 weeks. I like that feeling way more than sugar.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    shballa wrote: »
    I saw a lot of people talking about giving up pop tarts because of the calories. I wouldn't touch one myself for the same reason. But Kelloggs makes pastry crisps, which aren't bad. They are like crunchy pop tarts. I buy the Aldi version, which only has 100 calories in a pack for 2 little wafers.

These. With ice cream between them. Yum.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    mbailey423 wrote: »
    Oreos......3 rows in a package. I would sit and eat a full row with a huge glass of ice cold milk...................……

<shudder>
    Go to my happy place....
    Go to my happy place....

I used to do that with those rainbow chips ahoy. :\

I now practice moderation. I haven't cut anything out but I limit myself and I'm very careful to keep unhealthy snacks out of eyesight so I don't overeat them.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I haven't really given up anything, I just practice better portion control. If I'm baking cookies, I just make a batch of very small ones so that I can still enjoy the taste without all of the calories. If I'm craving a hamburger and french fries at the pub, then I will have a hamburger and french fries--I just ask for a box immediately and put half away so that I don't eat it.

Or--if all else fails, I just work out extra hard :)
  • bethleahnutrition
    Options
    I used to love Mozzarella cheese sticks, but now I found out I am highly intolerant to dairy. When I cut out dairy, I lost a lot of weight.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I gave up Canadian cuisine.

Wait, Canada has a cuisine right?

Poutine, maple sugar cookies, and beer...

false, poutine is hockey cuisine. ;)
  • dbmata
    Options
    shballa wrote: »
    Pop tarts are a life saver. At -10F or so, they don't freeze and are easy to eat on the move.
  • woofer00
    woofer00 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    White bread/dinner rolls - I'd rather have a pop tart.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

Hey, it's not just for breakfast anymore you know!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    If I really want to eat something, I'll either figure out a way to make it fit or go over my calories a bit for it. But some foods just don't taste good enough to be worth it.

Pop Tarts fall into that category for me. They taste fine, but not good enough to make them worth their calories. Most mass produced cake like things are like that for me. They're not off limits, just not usually worth the calories. Good, homemade baked goods though, those I make room for.

Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies are totally worth their calories, but I have a hard time with moderation with those. I wish I could buy them 1 or 2 at a time. As it is, I only buy a box when I can share it with others and not bring the whole thing home.
  • dbmata
    Options

Hey, it's not just for breakfast anymore you know!
    While Founders Breakfast Stout IS!

I had one version in Maine, the fries were fried in duck fat. The gravy was made from duck fat. The curds were made from raw milk.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    nothing I make anything I want fit into my caloric goal

29509743.png
  • emmacken
    emmacken Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much abandoned soda and juice. I need to save those calories for beer!
  • thejohnnyhand
    thejohnnyhand Posts: 14 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I stopped drinking any calories (mostly just cokes and coffees). I still eat most of what I want. I just accept that if I decide to have that bowl of Peanut Butter Crunch, I'll have to put in the exercise that much longer
  • bill498
    bill498 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Friendly's ice cream. Switched to frozen chocolate Greek yogurt
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    1L of chocolate milk a day...lol