New Couch to 5K (C25k) - Challenge Starting May 2

Options
Hello Everyone,

I'm starting the C25K plan on Monday (May 2) and wanted to know if anyone was interested in joining me. I plan to do it Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and then follow my normal workouts on the off days. If anyone is interested please feel free to add me or inbox me. The plan I'm using is from this website: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml. I'm also getting additional reading material from http://c25k.com/ and I've downloaded the C25K Lite on my Andriod phone to utilize.

~Leslie

Replies

• mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    Sorry Im clueless when it comes to running. I would love to be able to run one day...I always see people run and say to myself wow I wish I could do that. Should I just check out the link for more info?
  • Alexmn75
    Alexmn75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'll run with you, well, on the same program at least.

Alex
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I will add you.
  • Aetarac
    Aetarac Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am game.
  • mom2threeQTs
    mom2threeQTs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing some sort of Couch to 5k. I would be interested in joining... though not sure how do we do it together?
  • Jbledsoe42
    Jbledsoe42 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5, but would love to offer support!

I'll add you! Good luck!
  • Mommy2JLS
    Mommy2JLS Posts: 15
    Options
    I have been looking to learn how to start running, I'd love to join you! I have to do opposite days for Monday and Wednesday as I have boot camp those days. I definitely need some support in this area!! I just need to figure out how to get started :-).
  • stinastudios
    stinastudios Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just tried the first workout yesterday, and could really feel the burn in my legs, so I'm all set to start it in earnest next week!
  • IngeborgB
    IngeborgB Posts: 27
    Options
    I want to give it a go! I'll add you! :)
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    bump
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on week 6 and I can tell you it's worth it. I would love offer my encouragement. Don't worry if there are weeks that you don't feel ready to progress on to the next week, just repeat a week if you feel the need with no apologies. There will be other weeks when you feel strong and looking forward to the next week. Overall, no matter how fast you go through the program, you'll look back on your progress with pride and enjoy the journey.

If you have an I-phone I recommend the C25K app from Bluefin Software. It's worth the $2.99.
  • stephstrege
    stephstrege Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to start it last week and got really sick. I am on track (bought a brand new pair of running shoes and my first HRM!) to start next week. I am totally on board!! I'll add you as a friend to if that is ok :)
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5, but would love to offer support!

I'll add you! Good luck!

Same here, I just finished week 5.
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm a total novice and have never run either. For me personally, even though I want to lose weight sometimes I either get bored or disappointed that my weight loss isn't more as fast as I want it to so I wind up quitting. My desire to run and enter a 5K is more of a preemptive strike towards a possible failure on my part. I'm taking Einstein's Theory of Insanity in account: "Doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result."

Since the C25K only requires 20 minutes total initially I plan to supplement with either more cardio like additionally walking or Zumba or strength training.
  • Jazzysoul
    Jazzysoul Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join the group, count me in. I've been "planning" on starting the program for 2 years now. I'll add you as a friend :D
  • skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    I was planning on starting next week, I'll do it with you.
  • westgre
    westgre Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1 today. I'd love to join!
  • mskon
    mskon Posts: 64
    Options
    I finished week 1 last week and am going to repeat it. I'd love to start with y'all!

Please add me!!
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to do this for a long time. I'm in!!
  • blh408
    blh408 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'd love to join the group!