starbucks!

Options

Replies

• Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have mostly quit Starbucks and make my own skinny lattes or espresso at home. When I'm away from home, I drink an Iced Grande Non-Fat No-Whip Mocha (170 cals.). The skinny mocha tastes terrible, IMHO, b/c it uses sugar-free chocolate syrup. I've had a barista tell me "don't get the sugar-free mocha syrup!" so I guess they agree with that conclusion.

However, I will go for an Iced Grande Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte (80 cals.), or when it's cold out, a Grande Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte (130 cals.).

19507081.png
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Gah, I like Starbucks a little too much. I usually get either a short skinny latte (70 calories with no whip and no sugar) and a banana (120 calories) or a tall Zen tea (0 calories - I don't put anything in it) with and half a ginger molasses cookie (180 calories) (my husband eats the other half).
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    CrisAlex wrote: »
    Gah, I like Starbucks a little too much. I usually get either a short skinny latte (70 calories with no whip and no sugar) and a banana (120 calories) or a tall Zen tea (0 calories - I don't put anything in it) with and half a ginger molasses cookie (180 calories) (my husband eats the other half).

I had to read your comment 2x before I realized that "a banana" actually meant a banana and not some fancy new banana drink that I wanted to try! :lol:
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Caramel macchiato. During the holiday season it's peppermint mocha.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    This thread reminded me to check to see how many awards I have... 3 drinks. 3 drinks of anything I want.

How destructive could that be made to be? ;)
  • zchastain
    zchastain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    nickatine wrote: »
    I love a dark roast with a teaspoon of Honey :smile:

Oh dark roast would kill my stomach, it's too strong!! I was sssooo happy when Starbucks finally took out the blond roast. :drinker:

Just a heads up light roast are actually stronger than dark roasts, and have a much higher caffeine content.

Really?! Cuz it's not as strong and it doesn't kill my stomach... that doesn't make sense...

Now if it's got more caffeine... YAY!

Hurting your stomach is not due to caffeine, it's acid. Darker roasts are more acidic and lighter roasts are less. So enjoy your increased caffeine levels without the tummy ache!
  • zchastain
    zchastain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    And my Starbucks preference is strong, black coffee. Delicious!
  • LazyCatPame
    LazyCatPame Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Venti skinny vanilla late... I'm lucky if I get to have it twice a month, considering the closest Starbucks from where I'm standing is about 25 miles away. Won't give it up. I just make it fit having it as a lunch, with a peanut butter cookie
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    This thread reminded me to check to see how many awards I have... 3 drinks. 3 drinks of anything I want.

3 free drinks?! How'd you manage that?! I still need to buy 2 more drinks to get my free drink... :pensive:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

3 free drinks?! How'd you manage that?! I still need to buy 2 more drinks to get my free drink... :pensive:

I like working out of my local starbucks instead of my home office.
  • nam985
    nam985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Starbucks is what gets me though the long hours of grad school! As much as I love the fancy-schmancy flavored drinks (with the vanilla frappucino with raspberry syrup, the caramel brûlée latte and the salted caramel white mocha being my favorites) I only order those once every two weeks or so. My day to day order is either a venti China green tips with 1 packet of honey or a grande blonde roast with 2 packets splenda and about 30 mL of half and half (sometimes I add a couple pumps of sugar free vanilla when I want something sweet).
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    DIY Frappi' using Starbucks unsweetened concentrate. Been a while though as i am trying to have coffee without HWC and Davinci. Now i just have a single kcup of starbucks pike roast black.

Been over a year since i got one at the store but my order would be "Venti Size Coffee Frappuccino with whip cream and cinnamon on top"

slurps
    14648884497_afa2ced249_c.jpg
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Mocha frappuccino
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    BLACK COFFEE - STRAIGHT!
    6qazg1rrs1u4.jpg
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am also a huge Starbucks lover! In the summer I order a Venti Caramel Iced Coffee with non-fat milk. In the colder months my go-to is a Grande Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte. If I really feel like splurging I'll get a non-fat Pumpkin Spice Latte (:
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    Options
    Grande Americano with some type of flavored syrup and a bit of non fat milk. I get the best of both worlds with that :smile:
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I'm there on a weekly if not daily basis. My go-to drink is an Americano with a bit of cream. We brew one of their dark roasts at the office as well.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Caramel macchiato. During the holiday season it's peppermint mocha.

Yes!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Anybody try the peppermint mocha? Is it good? I wonder if they'll make it white mocha... hmm... :smirk:

I like it. I like it better with 1/2 the chocolate - I prefer more peppermint flavor.

Oddly enough, a tall will fill me up for a couple of hours. I have whole meals that don't do that.
  • biorobotics
    Options
    when it's warm out, i get the blackberry mojito green tea lemonade. now, i'm a fan of soy cappuccinos with cinnamon. super-free hazelnut is a nice addition, too.