Dukan Diet - Results

Options
2»

Replies

• Kailey84
    Kailey84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Dukan - its a pretty simple plan to follow once your on to it. I have little time to get to the gym after work and this plan works for me.
    I play soccer once a week in a charity league, but that about all the activity I get. I now down 33lbs in 12 weeks form what I am eating.
    It has worked for me.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I keep reading Dunkin' Diet, I wonder if you can survive on just Dunkin' Donuts.

OMG .. I read it as Dunkin Diet too! That is why i clicked on the link.. lolololol
  • vikachkas
    vikachkas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dunkan diet is not designed for a quick weight loss. Its not a 3 weeks thing and then all you can eat buffet. Its a system of living and eating. It's important to actually read Dr. Ducan's book on it before making any assumptions. Its a 4 stage system and you have to follow it. You can't be on it for a week and then eat 12 donuts. That ridiculous. First of. The first stage which only last 2 to 7 days is a pure protein. Yes you drop weight quirky..but don't forget most of it is water weight and due to nor carbs pretty much. Dukan wants you do it because it give you that start jumt and motivation wot follow the diet. Then, you HAVE to follow with stage 2.. where you can eat as much vegetable as you want. And BTW…there are TONS of recepes for this diet. Cakes. Crepes. Even cheesecake. All kinda of salads. Soups. You just have to cook. And it will be guaranteed to loose at least 1 to 1.5kg a week. with is 2-3lb a week. That is very healthy and good for you. My friend lost 20 lb in the first month and keeps loosing 2lb per week. IT IS NOT A FAD DIET.
  • tee236
    tee236 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am probably way to late for this but the reason you go on a diet is because you are fat so if after you've lost weight and you put it back on you've learnt nothing because clearly you are doing exactly what made you put on weight in the first place. You are now blaming someone else for your own eating problems....
    I went on Dukan Diet almost 4 years ago and lost 35kg (77Ib) and miraculously it stayed off because I didn't go back to eating the way I did before.
    The diet works and the only reason it doesn't is because you don't do it properly.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    No, I haven't done the Dukan diet. I'm doing the Can-Do diet. :wink:

19507081.png
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    -- deleted from dinosaur post --
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    It's been 2 years since OP posted this, and her ticker says 0 pounds lost. Does that tell anybody anything about these "diets"? ;) Sensible calorie deficit for the win, no need for craziness....
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I tried Dukan a few years ago.

You cannot be on Dukan for a few weeks. It has 4 steps. I understand from your post is that you want to do only the first 2 steps. This will not work - you'll pack the weight back on right away, even if you eat very reasonably. The two last steps are crucial.
    If you lose 20 pounds, it means that the third step (still extremely low in carbs and fat) lasts at least 90 days (i.e. 10 days for each kg lost).

If this 3-months period is too long for you, just pick another plan.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Rays_Wife wrote: »
    It's been 2 years since OP posted this, and her ticker says 0 pounds lost. Does that tell anybody anything about these "diets"? ;) Sensible calorie deficit for the win, no need for craziness....
    or...she realized this wasn't the site for her. Or, as she stated, it was a 3 week thing.
    What do YOU know about Dukan?
  • LRussellCVT
    Options
    Looking to start the Dukan diet. Excited to see how the results are.
  • charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am currently in the cruise phase of the dukan diet. So far I really like it. I am encouraged becauseithas lifelong plans.
  • jhkc25
    jhkc25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    vikachkas wrote: »
    Dunkan diet is not designed for a quick weight loss. Its not a 3 weeks thing and then all you can eat buffet. Its a system of living and eating. It's important to actually read Dr. Ducan's book on it before making any assumptions. Its a 4 stage system and you have to follow it. You can't be on it for a week and then eat 12 donuts. That ridiculous. First of. The first stage which only last 2 to 7 days is a pure protein. Yes you drop weight quirky..but don't forget most of it is water weight and due to nor carbs pretty much. Dukan wants you do it because it give you that start jumt and motivation wot follow the diet. Then, you HAVE to follow with stage 2.. where you can eat as much vegetable as you want. And BTW…there are TONS of recepes for this diet. Cakes. Crepes. Even cheesecake. All kinda of salads. Soups. You just have to cook. And it will be guaranteed to loose at least 1 to 1.5kg a week. with is 2-3lb a week. That is very healthy and good for you. My friend lost 20 lb in the first month and keeps loosing 2lb per week. IT IS NOT A FAD DIET.

Agreed
  • roxvidican
    roxvidican Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Dukan diet about 3 years ago. Worked well, lost 20 kg in 5 months. BUT... I was always feeling sluggish and had no interest in anything physical, cause I lacked the energy. Also, eating so much protein caused me a little trouble. Alas, after quitting it, I gained back 25 kg in a few months :)) Truth is, since I've been counting my calories, eating everything I enjoy, it's been much better. I've lost 25 kg and feeling great..
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    OP posted this October 2012, an old post reopened at random, and not an update from her.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!