eating before bed

Options

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    you love to mock people who seem pretty damn successful for being clueless?

What are to talking about when you say "people who seem pretty damn successful"?

I would say one of them is Ed - a loss of 312 lb's seems pretty successful to me. B)

Why would I mock Ed who I do not know. I congrat Ed for that loss and all that set a goal and get even 10% the way there because they set a goal and did something positive for themselves. I think this thread may have related to some making a false statement that a calorie is a calorie and I posted links supporting a calorie is not always a calorie?

Been hauling hay today so my memory may be wrong on this subject being an old man per LLLE. :)

Except..a calorie is a calorie. Are you saying Ed and Psulemon (not to mention a few others who have posted in agreement with CICO and have lost significant amounts of weight/are at goal) are wrong in how they lost weight?

Deer-popcorn.gif

. I expect they lost weight because they ate fewer calories than they burned over time. Thinking a calorie is a calorie does NOT make one gain or lose an ounce. Thinking the earth is flat does NOT make one gain or lose an ounce.

Well, umm, yes, no kidding - I expect they lost weight because they ate fewer calories than they burned over time too.
    Of course.
    Just like everyone else does - ie CICO.

And you are right - thinking a calorie is a calorie does not make one lose or gain an ounce, nor does thinking the earth is flat ( rather random comparison) nor does thinking anything.
    Regardless of what anyone thinks, if they eat less than they burn over time, they lose weight.

And a calorie is a calorie like a mile is a mile, a kilogram is a kilogram, any unit of measurement is that unit of measurement. B)

I agree as long as you are not applying it to humans trying to diet and I posted research that a calorie is a calorie when applying it dieting is a known false statement today.

Please not I have no desire to change anyone's mind that a calorie is a calorie or that the earth is flat just because someone said they were true a long time ago.

All I ask is you and others stop making non factual statements and claiming they are factual. You are risking hurting people and this fine forum in doing so. Claiming the earth is flat or that all calories are the same when placed in the human body does not make the statements true.

It is a good thing I am in nutritional ketosis so I have the energy to keep typing without getting hungry. :) Thankfully LLLE has not sent any private messages for a few hours now calling me names. God help me if she goes low carb and getting into ketosis unless the calming effect kicks in. :)

Folks who are serious about low low carbing with high high fats let me warn you. The stamina is unreal in nutritional ketosis and you will wear your friends out if you are out walking, etc I am finding. The kids are like let us stop and eating when working around the place. But it not a wired form of energy like from coffee or something but a very calm relaxing form of energy. Another plus is when I go to bed I tend to sleep like a log and and often longer that the normal six hours because the arthritis pain does not wake me up or have me so stiff I have to get up due to hurting.

PLEASE ANSWER THIS
    Galehawkins--Why does your ticker say ZERO pounds lost and 59 to go?-Have you lost ANY weight? If you have you might want to update that and if you haven't ....

For the record I don't agree with Galehawkins but regardless, her own weight loss or lack of weight loss does not effect the validity (or lack of validity) of her claims.

When someone makes a claim it's a good idea to dispute the claim if you disagree with it rather than questioning or attacking the person.

I don't see how Gale's weight loss has anything to do with whether or not her statements are correct.

Gale is a dude. Carry on!

Whoops! Thanks for the correction. I will edit my post if I still can.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

What are to talking about when you say "people who seem pretty damn successful"?

I would say one of them is Ed - a loss of 312 lb's seems pretty successful to me. B)

Why would I mock Ed who I do not know. I congrat Ed for that loss and all that set a goal and get even 10% the way there because they set a goal and did something positive for themselves. I think this thread may have related to some making a false statement that a calorie is a calorie and I posted links supporting a calorie is not always a calorie?

Been hauling hay today so my memory may be wrong on this subject being an old man per LLLE. :)

Except..a calorie is a calorie. Are you saying Ed and Psulemon (not to mention a few others who have posted in agreement with CICO and have lost significant amounts of weight/are at goal) are wrong in how they lost weight?

Deer-popcorn.gif

. I expect they lost weight because they ate fewer calories than they burned over time. Thinking a calorie is a calorie does NOT make one gain or lose an ounce. Thinking the earth is flat does NOT make one gain or lose an ounce.

Well, umm, yes, no kidding - I expect they lost weight because they ate fewer calories than they burned over time too.
    Of course.
    Just like everyone else does - ie CICO.

And you are right - thinking a calorie is a calorie does not make one lose or gain an ounce, nor does thinking the earth is flat ( rather random comparison) nor does thinking anything.
    Regardless of what anyone thinks, if they eat less than they burn over time, they lose weight.

And a calorie is a calorie like a mile is a mile, a kilogram is a kilogram, any unit of measurement is that unit of measurement. B)

I agree as long as you are not applying it to humans trying to diet and I posted research that a calorie is a calorie when applying it dieting is a known false statement today.

Please not I have no desire to change anyone's mind that a calorie is a calorie or that the earth is flat just because someone said they were true a long time ago.

All I ask is you and others stop making non factual statements and claiming they are factual. You are risking hurting people and this fine forum in doing so. Claiming the earth is flat or that all calories are the same when placed in the human body does not make the statements true.

It is a good thing I am in nutritional ketosis so I have the energy to keep typing without getting hungry. :) Thankfully LLLE has not sent any private messages for a few hours now calling me names. God help me if she goes low carb and getting into ketosis unless the calming effect kicks in. :)

Folks who are serious about low low carbing with high high fats let me warn you. The stamina is unreal in nutritional ketosis and you will wear your friends out if you are out walking, etc I am finding. The kids are like let us stop and eating when working around the place. But it not a wired form of energy like from coffee or something but a very calm relaxing form of energy. Another plus is when I go to bed I tend to sleep like a log and and often longer that the normal six hours because the arthritis pain does not wake me up or have me so stiff I have to get up due to hurting.

PLEASE ANSWER THIS
    Galehawkins--Why does your ticker say ZERO pounds lost and 59 to go?-Have you lost ANY weight? If you have you might want to update that and if you haven't ....

For the record I don't agree with Galehawkins but regardless, her own weight loss or lack of weight loss does not effect the validity (or lack of validity) of her claims.

When someone makes a claim it's a good idea to dispute the claim if you disagree with it rather than questioning or attacking the person.

I don't see how Gale's weight loss has anything to do with whether or not her statements are correct.

Gale is a dude. Carry on!

Whoops! Thanks for the correction. I will edit my post if I still can.

:+1:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Sorry but you have not posted any peer-reviewed journals, therefore, everything you have posted is irrelevant.

• indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

I agree.. one's weight loss doesn't determine knowledge.
    I don't feel I was attacking him per se and if it does I will apologize to him BUT to me he comes across as a bit arrogant and all knowing in his posts and I feel experience is very important in this topic as you must learn what works and what doesn't.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Neither does one's age, but Gale seems to think that is basis enough to tell everyone else they are wrong.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »

Neither does one's age, but Gale seems to think that is basis enough to tell everyone else they are wrong.

:+1:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    LOL someone is not practicing what they preach.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Bumping for more science...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Bumping for more science...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT794u8KccGryL2DB3fDPRpjmySPNmnn6ySzpz7qAKVRnIUSJNTvw

tumblr_n0a72uIzRC1qewacoo2_1280.jpg

bro-do-you-even-science3.png
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    281.gif
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
  • trinatrina1984
    Options
    200.gif
  • trinatrina1984
    Options
    200.gif
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Eat when you want - Eat when your hungry!!!!

I buy them nakd bars or protein bars to have before bed - Or a handful of nuts.

If I have eaten dinner too early, it makes me hungry before bed especially if I have done a workout too.

Its just getting your meal timings in place - Ie tonight I am doing a spin class at 6.30pm so I am going to have my lunch at say 3pm, whereas if I have my lunch at 12, by 6.30pm I will want my dinner and be hungry.

Always snack, Protein bars, Fruit, Nuts etc
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I just came here for the science...but i don't have a meme :(
  • trinatrina1984
    Options
    I just came here for the science...but i don't have a meme :(

Oh no :( have one of mine

e2cc7196.jpg
  • Sued0nim