eating before bed

Replies

• mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    I eat all of my calories at night. I finish my eating window with a bowl of cereal about 30 minutes before I lay down every night. I am consistently losing 2 lbs/week :) Timing doesn't matter!
  • zerstreutesMaedchen
    edited October 2014
    It's fine to eat at night. You should always have a meal after a workout, especially if you did weights.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited November 2014
    psulemon wrote: »
    You can eat whenever you want. Total calories is all that matters. When you eat and frequency have no impact on weight loss.

psulemon how long are you going to be stuck on that false concept that only 'total calories is all that matters"?

Sure eating before bedtime when you metabolism wants to slow down is less than idea but sometimes is hard to avoid. Typically it is best to not eat after 5 pm if you go to bed 9-10 pm my scales tell me. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    psulemon how long are you going to be stuck on that false concept that only 'total calories is all that matters"?

Sure eating before bedtime when you metabolism wants to slow down is less than idea but sometimes is hard to avoid. Typically it is best to not eat after 5 pm if you go to bed 9-10 pm my scales tell me. :)
    You are on planet earth right? Look, its after 5 and I'm eating IN BED!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    You can eat whenever you want. Total calories is all that matters. When you eat and frequency have no impact on weight loss.

I need a scale that gives me magical advice about when not to eat....
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited November 2014

Your scale tells you when I go to bed? Creepy.

I seemed to have lost 53 lbs eating a large majority of my calories after 5 pm... like 1k plus some days... seems my metabolism is fine....

ETA : omg, I just ate a pint of ice cream at 1130pm and laid down for bed....
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member

I have 312 reason that theory holds very little water.... I take a 500-600 calorie snack to bed with me every night (because I need to hit my TOTAL CALORIES) for the day and somehow managed to lose a couple pounds.... ☺
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    CyberEd312 wrote: »

I have 312 reason that theory holds very little water.... I take a 500-600 calorie snack to bed with me every night (because I need to hit my TOTAL CALORIES) for the day and somehow managed to lose a couple pounds.... ☺

*Sees Psulemon's and Ed's weight loss and applauds them on their success*

*looks at "something else" and just smiles*

Well, I think the proof is in the pudding on what is a false concept and not. *shrugs*

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    actually, we are burning calories all through the night. That's why morning weight is lower,
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »

Until you provide proof that it's not.

Folks on this subject some of you are going to have to stop typing and start reading if you are going to post factual posts and stop embarrassing yourselves . How long has it been since you got deep into cell biology and human physiology?

I will do the typing for you OK?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=a+calorie+is+not+a+calorie
  • BombshellPhoenix

Folks on this subject some of you are going to have to stop typing and start reading if you are going to post factual posts and stop embarrassing yourselves . How long has it been since you got deep into cell biology and human physiology?

I'm more of a visual learner

Says the faceless avi who directs viewers to the truth... Dr Google.
    0a0qmftfdgoq.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    So for maximum fuel efficiency, should I fill my car's fuel tank at night or in the morning?
  • BombshellPhoenix
    edited November 2014
    Bombshell are you saying reading is a problem for you and you had prefer videos to grasp the factual concept that a calorie is not always a calorie as in all calories are not equal?

I'm saying if you want to challenge me on a calorie not being a calorie than you're the most special snowflake ever

What don't you grasp about thermodynamics? Since you're so into science?

ETA : and because you can't put anything on the internet that isn't true

Would you prefer a picture of what thermodynamics does? Since words seem to confuse you and you love to mock people who seem pretty damn successful for being clueless?
  • BUTIgirl212516
    BUTIgirl212516 Posts: 193 Member
    I eat a snack every single night right before bed!