Need Boob Success Stories For My Mental Health

Options

Replies

• Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I've lost eighty pounds with 60 more to go, and I'm happy with my boobs, but I hate to say I am also one of those lucky ones who have only gone down like half a cup size. Big boobs are just a trait in my family.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Isn't that what Victoria's Secret is for?

I only had 30 lbs to lose, and I'm pretty much at goal now. I started off with A cups, so I didn't have much to lose in that department either. They did shrink a bit, but I'm still firmly in my 34A bras. The Bombshell bra at VS provides the illusion that my boobs are pretty spectacular, but naked - meh. They're a bit perkier, I'd assume due to strength training, but I don't spend much time admiring them in the mirror, that's for sure. No complaints from my husband, though, and it's not as if anyone sees my boobs except him (and my OBGYN once a year).

Personally, I'd rather have awesome legs, butt, and arms than nice tits. Sure, it would be great to have all of those things, but most people don't.

A lot of overweight women have big breasts simply because they're overweight, and then they complain when they shrink due to weight loss. This confuses me - what exactly do these women think made their breasts so big? Fat! You can't choose where you lose fat, but being in shape is way better than having huge boobs. I don't get why women want big ones anyway - seems like a huge inconvenience to me. I mean, to each their own, but I'd rather not have to order my bras from Lane Bryant, thanks.

For a woman, you know so little about tits :)

Care to explain that comment?

By the way, adding a smiley face after something that is clearly an insult is passive aggressive and childish. :) << see what I did there? If you're going to insult me, I don't need a smiley face to soften the blow.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I lost ~50 so far and gained a cup size because my band size went down but my breast tissue didn't get smaller. What happens to your boobs after weight loss is mostly due to genetics, so reading these success and/or boob failure stories aren't going to tell you much about what will actually happen to you. Only time will tell.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Agree with above posters that whatever happened to our boobs is no guarantee of what'll happen to yours. You'll have a great sample read though and possible scenarios :)

So here's mine. I used to be a modest 75B (Europe) when skinny. When I put on weight the boobs went up to a generous 80-85 D-cup. I've lost 9 kg (19lbs) they're now down to a happy C, but my thorax is back to 75cm! And 13 cm less in waist, which tells me visceral fat is going quicker than boob fat. I still have some weight loss to go, so no idea if boobs will be the last fat fort standing.

Good luck :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

I only had 30 lbs to lose, and I'm pretty much at goal now. I started off with A cups, so I didn't have much to lose in that department either. They did shrink a bit, but I'm still firmly in my 34A bras. The Bombshell bra at VS provides the illusion that my boobs are pretty spectacular, but naked - meh. They're a bit perkier, I'd assume due to strength training, but I don't spend much time admiring them in the mirror, that's for sure. No complaints from my husband, though, and it's not as if anyone sees my boobs except him (and my OBGYN once a year).

Personally, I'd rather have awesome legs, butt, and arms than nice tits. Sure, it would be great to have all of those things, but most people don't.

A lot of overweight women have big breasts simply because they're overweight, and then they complain when they shrink due to weight loss. This confuses me - what exactly do these women think made their breasts so big? Fat! You can't choose where you lose fat, but being in shape is way better than having huge boobs. I don't get why women want big ones anyway - seems like a huge inconvenience to me. I mean, to each their own, but I'd rather not have to order my bras from Lane Bryant, thanks.

Bless your soul. :)
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I lost over 70 pounds. I learned that my boobs were never really huge to begin with, they just had a ridiculous amount of back fat and an insanely large band size to make them look bigger. Now that my body is overall smaller, the boobs look more natural and in proportion to the rest of me.

They did lose their shape, however which was super disappointing, but strength training has improved that drastically.
  • levitateme
    edited November 2014
    Options

By the way, adding a smiley face after something that is clearly an insult is passive aggressive and childish. :) << see what I did there? If you're going to insult me, I don't need a smiley face to soften the blow.

*golfclap*

I would also like to know what that comment meant. Does your having small tits and preferring small tits translate to you "know nothing about tits"?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

To explain my comment per your request, I was surprised by the portions where you assumed that if your tits were big enough to worry about them shrinking, it meant that their original size was large enough that you needed to shop at a plus size store. Do you know anything about people's experience with motherhood, breastfeeding, etc anything that could cause women to lose fatty breast tissue such that the tits become somewhat less full and misshapen from what they were originally? Between some of your comments and the fact that you went from an A cup to an A cup, just wow.

And the smilie face was not to pacify you. It was because I wanted to include a smiley face with my comment. Sorry it made you so damn angry :) I found what I believed to be your lack of knowledge about tits at least a little amusing
  • gallifreyfallsnomore1
    Options
    I need boobs for my mental health. Just sayin'
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Why do I feel like this was just a call for boob pics?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 and my boobs are exactly the same as before. Try not to worry; it probably won't be drastic.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have two kids down almost 50 pounds and I think the girls still look pretty good my husband has no complaints :) ( my suggestion is Lift weights don`t just do all cardio get in the weight room it helps keep you tight and shapely )
    pic in profile is pretty spot on for current me :) still working on getting rid of about 28 more pounds
  • levitateme
    Options

To explain my comment per your request, I was surprised by the portions where you assumed that if your tits were big enough to worry about them shrinking, it meant that their original size was large enough that you needed to shop at a plus size store. Do you know anything about people's experience with motherhood, breastfeeding, etc anything that could cause women to lose fatty breast tissue such that the tits become somewhat less full and misshapen from what they were originally? Between some of your comments and the fact that you went from an A cup to an A cup, just wow.

And the smilie face was not to pacify you. It was because I wanted to include a smiley face with my comment. Sorry it made you so damn angry :) I found what I believed to be your lack of knowledge about tits at least a little amusing

Oh so you were just being smug for the sake of being smug. Got it. B)

OP asked for people who didn't end up hating their boobs to answer. Whether or not you think LLL's boobs are "big enough" for her to have an opinion doesn't factor.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have nothing to add. I'm an a.s.s. girl. All I care about is growing a huge, muscular a.s.s.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I have big saggy boobs. (36FF currently) Having kids made them bigger and saggy-er. I've lost 38lbs and they haven't really changed. My band size did go down though. A good bra makes my girls look high and round and perky.

• sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    levitateme wrote: »

OP asked for people who didn't end up hating their boobs to answer. Whether or not you think LLL's boobs are "big enough" for her to have an opinion doesn't factor.

Actually I'm with JaneiR36. I think that LLL's comment was pretty ugly, and seemed to suggest that LLL has spent a lifetime sour-grapesing her A cups by 1) convincing herself that women who actually have tits are must be "plus size" and 2) not for nothing, passive-aggressively dismissing plus-size women.

Hey, I'm not skinny and never have been, but my grandmother was skinny all her life and she had ginormous tits all her life too -- so I can reasonably claim to come by them honestly. Some women have big breastises and it's not just fat. And a woman who doesn't know that -- knows very little about tits.
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My boobs have been haunting me my whole life, and I have the same fear you have. I was a 38D in 8th grade and they just kept growing. When I was at my heaviest (213 pounds) they were obscene, full and round and pendulous. I wore 42DDD but always bulged out everywhere because the store didn't carry my size. They are also naturally low-set, so I was very scared about what would happen to them, especially after breastfeeding 3 kids for a year each.
    Exercising is a pain, I have to buy ridiculously expensive running bras that I think are a 1/4 inch thick :P and make me feel like I can't expand my lungs.
    Now at 179 pounds my size is 34G, they are more manageable, but sadly, hanging low.
    I'm glad the "centers" still point forward instead of down though, y''know what I mean?
    But I do wish for a breast lift. It would make my life so much easier.
    I wouldn't trade the weight loss for perkier breasts though that's for sure.
    Like a lot of other people said the right bra does wonders! When I finally found online bra shopping a couple years ago it was AMAZING.
    The balconette styles in a high quality like Panache are gorgeous and lift the girls right up to my chest!
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Down 94 pounds… Band size has gone down… cup size is the same. They aren't brilliant as far as perkiness goes… but they don't sag any more than they did 94 pounds ago. And as mentioned… a good bra takes care of all that!

I've had a similar experience, but only down 50-ish lbs. Band size is down, cup size is the same. And a good push up balconette bra puts them right where they need to be. The poster above me mentioned the Panache bras, gorgeous, good quality and they really emphasize your assets.

Also, I've had absolutely no complaints about any changes. ;)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    I've lost 95 lbs, down from 375 to 280 and my chest is down from a 44DD to a 42DD and getting close to dropping another band size (measuring 40.75 I think around my under-bust area). But (and I have a big one, lol) I am 34 years old and had 4 kids in just barely over 5 years, in my very early 20's. My boobs ceased to be anything to write home about at that point anyway, lol. In a nice bra, they look fine, but without, my nipples point downward at about a 45 degree angle. With a good 110 lbs left to go (minimum), I don't expect them to improve. Worse though is my dangling belly pooch, which sadly they don't make bras for.

On the plus side (which I am ;) ) my husband has zero complaints!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    sympha01 wrote: »
    levitateme wrote: »

Actually I'm with JaneiR36. I think that LLL's comment was pretty ugly, and seemed to suggest that LLL has spent a lifetime sour-grapesing her A cups by 1) convincing herself that women who actually have tits are must be "plus size" and 2) not for nothing, passive-aggressively dismissing plus-size women.

Hey, I'm not skinny and never have been, but my grandmother was skinny all her life and she had ginormous tits all her life too -- so I can reasonably claim to come by them honestly. Some women have big breastises and it's not just fat. And a woman who doesn't know that -- knows very little about tits.

Wow, you're way off.

I never made the assumption that all women with big breasts are overweight. I have a friend that is not really overweight but wears a cup size so big she has to have her bras specially made. I simply said I prefer not having to go to such lengths as shopping at a special store or having to order bras online and that I don't get why some women care more about how their boobs look than about how fit they are.

My comment about overweight women was relevant to the OP's question. We're talking about losing a lot of weight, which often means that big-breasted women are left not as well endowed as they once were. A lot of women on MFP have posted that they're scared to lose weight because their boobs will get smaller - or they already lost the weight and they're disappointed that they don't have big boobs anymore. I'm just saying that it shouldn't be a surprise that the extra fat you're carrying around contributed to the size of your tits. And, hey, it's not the end of the world when they shrink down a bit.

Apparently bringing up Lane Bryant means I hate overweight women. Who knew?

And there are certainly no sour grapes here. If I wanted bigger tits, I'd buy some.