The "Games": A Serious Discussion

Options

Replies

• shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    The only point I'd like to make is it's a damn shame when someone starts a "would you shag the person above" thread, there's 18K replies, but when someone asks a legitimate weightloss or fitness related question no one gives a toss, and can't be bothered to answer. All you desperates should shuffle yourselves off to eHarmony and get your fix there (filter wouldn't let me write "shuffle your fat a$$es off").

It'd be real nice if the relevant threads outweighed the rubbish on MFP.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    What in the hail just happened?

WIZARD! There are TWO of you? How'd you do that?

(now I'm afraid of you by the way.)
    Not really. It's my old account. I thought I deleted it a year ago.
    Apparently, I did not.

Hey, that pic looks familiar? Were/are you on my FL at some point?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    Oh and to respond to the OP's original intent - when I went onto the rate boards early in my MFP posting days, it was out of pure curiosity.

I'm not the most...aware...person. Nor have I needed to be. I had just ended a relationship that spanned my entire adult life, I didn't have to care about other people's rating, because the person who had to look at me liked how I looked.

It was interesting to get third party insights that didn't come from my Mom or people who like me for 'what's on the inside'.

Also, it's helpful to find out if your photo is perceived - so you know the impression you're providing to others. I see my photo and think - she's curtsying! What a quaint way to say, 'how do you do?' And....that makes me smile.

I have this suspicion that this is not people's first impression.

But if I really care...I can go into one of the profile pic threads and adjust my picture until I give the impression I want.
    You're too cute and sweet for me to make fun of. :)

...and this is why I had no idea what impression I leave. No one tells sweet people how it is. No one. You feel like you kicked a puppy. #sweetpeopleproblems
    I TOTALLY know what you mean.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    shai74 wrote: »
    The only point I'd like to make is it's a damn shame when someone starts a "would you shag the person above" thread, there's 18K replies, but when someone asks a legitimate weightloss or fitness related question no one gives a toss, and can't be bothered to answer. All you desperates should shuffle yourselves off to eHarmony and get your fix there (filter wouldn't let me write "shuffle your fat a$$es off").

I'm gonna have to agree with your final statement, even if you did try to piss off half of MFP with that other comment and would have been contributing to said rubbish.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I think so.

me too. pretty sure actually.
  • N2Couture
    N2Couture Posts: 2,762 Member
    Options
    N2Couture wrote: »
    OP why did you feel such a strong desire to ask everyone this? Why not just find threads you actually wish to partake in?
    I did. You're on it.

So you like attention .. nice. Well creating your own thread is an option. Well played.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    shai74 wrote: »

I'm gonna have to agree with your final statement, even if you did try to piss off half of MFP with that other comment and would have been contributing to said rubbish.
    I know I'm pissed by that last statement. Or do I just need to take a piss? Either one.

go, and when you come back, you'll know.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    edited November 2014
    Options
    For example:
    Person above: meh, beautiful/handsome, or just plain sexy!
    Go look

How is this a thing?

I go in there sometimes. I'm choosy who I say nice things to though. Usually only people I already know. More times than not I go in there to be a smartass and end up meeting nice people.

ALWAYS the temptation is to go back and see what caliber hottie or nottie gave what kind of answer. It's a ranking game overall I think. How much of a sex machine can I pull right now, with this body I have right now. Can I get a baller? (except for me, with this avi, because I never post my true self)

But can you see now how it's not really a "hot" or "not hot" discrete proposition?

More of a where do I fit in in the rankings?

Then people become chummy then they just wanna play with each other to pass the time.

That makes sense to me. Not sure if you can understand that but it's not as simple as stranger likes me or does not. It's WHICH strangers like me and do not, HOW sexy am I now? Least that how it looks to me when I read down a page where people are not interacting directly.
  • N2Couture
    N2Couture Posts: 2,762 Member
    Options
    N2Couture wrote: »
    So you like attention .. nice. Well creating your own thread is an option. Well played.
    I'm crying on the inside. I need validation. And a hug. Any money.
    Mostly the money thing.

:laughing: . . :Seriousface: ...
    I wasn't insulting you, OP.
  • winf
    winf Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Does it really take 4 pages to say flirting? The answer is flirting. End of thread.