The "Games": A Serious Discussion

Options

Replies

• ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Read the title and thought this was about Hunger Games. Color me disappointed :(

8350313-256-k273164.jpg

8830689.png
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I fell into a nerdhole. Not a rabbit hole. Not a wormhole. A complete and utter nerd hole.

Just can't decide if that's two words or one.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    Spnneil06 wrote: »
    I don't know... I thought Jake from State Farm made them a bit dreamy. It could work.

but at 3 in the morning??

I thought Sam Beckett was dreamy at 3am the other day...I think the key words are '3am' though.

Sam Beckett dressed up as a woman? Of the reflection of the body that was not his own, Sam Beckett? Or just plain old Sam Beckett?

Anytime when he protected the downtrodden Sam Beckett. I didn't even matter he was wearing pearls.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for a hero.

• DevilsNegu
    DevilsNegu Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have been through so much this last year. Always looking for that "emotional need to be filled". No one can do that for you. Until u are happy with who u are, that need will not be fill and then u are going on a never ending cycle.
  • DevilsNegu
    DevilsNegu Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I guess everyone tries to run away from something but in the end it will always be there until u deal with it.
  • Joannah700
    Options
    Spnneil06 wrote: »
    I don't know... I thought Jake from State Farm made them a bit dreamy. It could work.

but at 3 in the morning??

I thought Sam Beckett was dreamy at 3am the other day...I think the key words are '3am' though.

Sam Beckett dressed up as a woman? Of the reflection of the body that was not his own, Sam Beckett? Or just plain old Sam Beckett?

Anytime when he protected the downtrodden Sam Beckett. I didn't even matter he was wearing pearls.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for a hero.

When Sam was the rock star, that was my favorite.

That's the next one in my Netflix queue! He looked like he was in KISS.

But the episode I always remember is him going home and singing Imagine. Still one of my favorite songs to this day.

• MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I fell into a nerdhole. Not a rabbit hole. Not a wormhole. A complete and utter nerd hole.

Just can't decide if that's two words or one.
    Depends on the nerd.
    And the hole.
    You lost me. Going back to the dumb tall men thread. I like to feel superior.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Wow u sure clean up nice!
  • Joannah700
    Options
    Oh and to respond to the OP's original intent - when I went onto the rate boards early in my MFP posting days, it was out of pure curiosity.

I'm not the most...aware...person. Nor have I needed to be. I had just ended a relationship that spanned my entire adult life, I didn't have to care about other people's rating, because the person who had to look at me liked how I looked.

It was interesting to get third party insights that didn't come from my Mom or people who like me for 'what's on the inside'.

Also, it's helpful to find out if your photo is perceived - so you know the impression you're providing to others. I see my photo and think - she's curtsying! What a quaint way to say, 'how do you do?' And....that makes me smile.

I have this suspicion that this is not people's first impression.

But if I really care...I can go into one of the profile pic threads and adjust my picture until I give the impression I want.

• MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    What in the hail just happened?

WIZARD! There are TWO of you? How'd you do that?

(now I'm afraid of you by the way.)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Oh and to respond to the OP's original intent - when I went onto the rate boards early in my MFP posting days, it was out of pure curiosity.

I'm not the most...aware...person. Nor have I needed to be. I had just ended a relationship that spanned my entire adult life, I didn't have to care about other people's rating, because the person who had to look at me liked how I looked.

It was interesting to get third party insights that didn't come from my Mom or people who like me for 'what's on the inside'.

Also, it's helpful to find out if your photo is perceived - so you know the impression you're providing to others. I see my photo and think - she's curtsying! What a quaint way to say, 'how do you do?' And....that makes me smile.

But if I really care...I can go into one of the profile pic threads and adjust my picture until I give the impression I want.

I thought your pic was a woman looking back over her shoulder. Glibly.

Until you said the curtsy then I noticed her right arm which would be in a lot of pain were she backwards.

• Joannah700
    Options

You're too cute and sweet for me to make fun of. :)

...and this is why I had no idea what impression I leave. No one tells sweet people how it is. No one. You feel like you kicked a puppy. #sweetpeopleproblems
  • N2Couture
    N2Couture Posts: 2,762 Member
    Options
    I've never reported anyone for a negative reply to me and I've had plenty of unfavorable responses. No big deal but what others might think of me is more a reflection of them than me. I believe those threads are here for diversion of the serious task of WEIGHT matters. It becomes stressful to people to modify their habits and coming here to let loose is a nice change for a lot of people. There are the few that need to feel better but I'll bet most everyone in those games are just trying to keep their minds busy or just find new friends.

OP why did you feel such a strong desire to ask everyone this? Why not just find threads you actually wish to partake in?