When is it ok to delete friends?

Options

Replies

• laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Deleted my first yesterday. Turned rude when i wouldn't give my facebook details....
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I delete if they start ruining pizza or any other delicious food by substituting cauliflower.... it's your list delete when you want and for why you want
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I delete if they start ruining pizza or any other delicious food by substituting cauliflower.... it's your list delete when you want and for why you want

hey+i+like+you!.jpg
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    bmalone62 wrote: »
    Everyone seems to have different opinions about deleting them when they aren't active but just curious, do you delete them for other reasons as well? Do you delete them when you feel they are rude? How about the ones that log in and are doing great but never support you with even a simple “like" on your progress?

Delete them for whatever reason you want. Whatever reason. It. Don't. Matter.
  • SlimMe37
    SlimMe37 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When they don't talk to me, when I try talking to them. Never like any of my posts. Be a friend, or bye!

This ^^^ Also people spouting nonsense all day long, and another girl had an ED and was happy she could see her bones and people liking that post. I just didnt feel comfortable supporting someone with an ED in weightloss.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »

Reasons for me to delete friends:

They never post on the boards even though they have been members a long time.

some people lack digital social skills or have been so badly burned by the forums here that they never venture in again. Or it just frustrates them, or it takes up time they would rather spend working out or on personal projects.

I know that you are TOTALLY allowed to delete people for any reason you want in the entire world. You could delete everyone named Mary if you want.

Bu ti just wanted to say that some of the people on my friends list are from older generations and their wisdom and experience and struggles and victories are all over my friend feed each morning, and almost none of them 'have any time for the forum flimflam' and I don't blame them. too much flimflam lol

I get that some people don't do forums. I don't delete people for not liking to use forums.
    For me, being a member for a substantial amount of time and having no posts at all on the forum in combination with the other things I listed (like collecting hundreds of friends and seeming to be more into selling products or their fitness cult rather than just another person trying to lose weight or be healthy) is a sign that they are not here for the same reason I am. They may be great, inspiring people to someone else but I don't want that kind of inspiration.

Now I check people out a bit before accepting a friend request so I shouldn't have those friends to delete anymore anyway.
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Why not concentrate on being a friend?
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    When you delete people, do they get a notice that you did that? Or is it like on facebook and you can just hide their posts? I would delete people who are trying to sell their products or run their own personal business on fitness. I also would delete people who are crude or offensive, get into political debates, are judgmental about your diary, seem creepy somehow or don't respond for a long period of time.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I delete them if they are not active for a couple of weeks. Then there are a few that I'll never delete. Unless they warn me they are going out of town.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If they've been gone for over a month (unless I know them personally) or if their diary is seriously unhealthy (i.e. under 1000 net/all fast food)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    When you delete people, do they get a notice that you did that? Or is it like on facebook and you can just hide their posts? I would delete people who are trying to sell their products or run their own personal business on fitness. I also would delete people who are crude or offensive, get into political debates, are judgmental about your diary, seem creepy somehow or don't respond for a long period of time.

You can hide people from your feed. I think from the news feed you click the x next to their post. I could be wrong about that-- it's been a long time since I've utilized that feature. They won't get a notification if you delete them. The only way they'll know is if they notice you're gone, which honestly, most salespeople probably won't.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    You can have friends on here?
  • dbmata
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    bmalone62 wrote: »
    Everyone seems to have different opinions about deleting them when they aren't active but just curious, do you delete them for other reasons as well? Do you delete them when you feel they are rude? How about the ones that log in and are doing great but never support you with even a simple “like" on your progress?

Delete them for whatever reason you want. Whatever reason. It. Don't. Matter.
    Should I delete you?

If you want. You're more than welcome to take your bad pizza and go home. ;)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I delete people if they're inactive BUT I always go to their home page first. If they only log in about once a month or less than that then I delete them. It frustrates me when someone posts in the forums that they need active friends who are supportive and then they drop off the face of the Earth after a few weeks. I'll support you but you have to work at it too.

I also delete people if their posts irritate me. LOL. I know that sounds rude, but I've started doing this on all my social media sites and it's really made my life so much better. If I find that your posts are all negative and they make me feel negative after I read them, then I delete you. I don't need that in my life. Negativity every once in a while is okay--we all have bad days. But if you're a real Negative Nelly, ain't nobody got time for that.
  • AnthonyThrashD
    AnthonyThrashD Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    The successful don't need you, and failures will drag you down. So, I just go by profile pics, if they're hot I keep them forever, if they switch to church clothes, DELETE!
  • dbmata
    Options
    The successful don't need you, and failures will drag you down. So, I just go by profile pics, if they're hot I keep them forever, if they switch to church clothes, DELETE!
    HAH!

8960edf56335f10e708f0ebb11a32550.jpg

• dbmata
    Options
    jbach2 wrote: »
    Why not concentrate on being a friend?

Golden_Girls_xlarge.gif
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Whenever you want.