When is it ok to delete friends?

1235»

Replies

• gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    What are is this 'friend' thing you speak of?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    I'm not sure I have deleted anyone? I would though, if they were being annoying. Not for being absent though, because if I don't see them I forget they exist.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    We are all here with a similar goal in mind but we all require different things to keep us going. Do whatever works best for you. I personally delete those who have been inactive for over 2 months. Its nothing personal.. I just feel like they have moved on, so I do a little cleanup once in a while. I have also deleted people for other reasons occasionally as I see fit.
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    I'm pretty laid back. I'd only delete for overly rude or hateful behavior. Thankfully, neither sort have sent me FRs. ;)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    fatcity66 wrote: »
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    I delete people if they're inactive BUT I always go to their home page first. If they only log in about once a month or less than that then I delete them. It frustrates me when someone posts in the forums that they need active friends who are supportive and then they drop off the face of the Earth after a few weeks. I'll support you but you have to work at it too.

I also delete people if their posts irritate me. LOL. I know that sounds rude, but I've started doing this on all my social media sites and it's really made my life so much better. If I find that your posts are all negative and they make me feel negative after I read them, then I delete you. I don't need that in my life. Negativity every once in a while is okay--we all have bad days. But if you're a real Negative Nelly, ain't nobody got time for that.

I did this on Facebook recently. I cleaned out about 100 "friends." It's so refreshing.

My FB rule is - If I ran into you in the street, would I offer to buy you a beer? If the answer is no, you don't stay on my FB list.

My problem with that is simply...

If I like someone, I'll buy them a beer.
    If I *really* don't like someone, I'll buy them a beer then break it on their face.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    bmalone62 wrote: »
    Everyone seems to have different opinions about deleting them when they aren't active but just curious, do you delete them for other reasons as well? Do you delete them when you feel they are rude? How about the ones that log in and are doing great but never support you with even a simple “like" on your progress?

Delete them for whatever reason you want. Whatever reason. It. Don't. Matter.
    Should I delete you?

If you want. You're more than welcome to take your bad pizza and go home. ;)

You've got problems man. Hating on my awesome pizza. Not sure I can deal with all this abuse.
    Truer words... lol.

If I can get to the Belmont, I'll ping you for pizza recs. ;)

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    You can have friends on here?

Naw. The people who you might be friends with probably suck anyhow. :laugh: