Smaller breasts after losing weight

Options
Hey! Finally .5kg left for my weight goal but I noticed something... My breasts definitely shrinked! My favorite bra which fit me like a glove before has so much cup space now :( Any suggestions how I can gain for my bust area? It's kinda frustrating, if only I can transfer all of my remaining belly flab to my breasts hahaha

Thanks!

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Breast is 90% adipose tissue - a.k.a. fat... you want to loose weight (burn fat) - you will loose boobs - unless you stuff them with plastic they are bound to shrink (don't you worry - you are not alone - many men and women hate the idea too!)!
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I say, love them for what they are. :)

My boobs get much much smaller when I lose weight. When I was at my ideal weight, they were a 34 B/C. They were PERFECT! For me. (Everyone is different and all breasts, of all sizes can be beautiful.) They're gigantic now, at least to me - 38D/DD. I am loving them for what they are, for now...because they're a part of me. But I will not be shedding any tears when they get smaller. I will still love them. :) Love yours.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    kur0shiro wrote: »
    Hey! Finally .5kg left for my weight goal but I noticed something... My breasts definitely shrinked! My favorite bra which fit me like a glove before has so much cup space now :( Any suggestions how I can gain for my bust area? It's kinda frustrating, if only I can transfer all of my remaining belly flab to my breasts hahaha

Thanks!

There are only 3 things you can do.

1. Stop losing weight (or gain back weight since you want to gain your breasts back). Unlike other body parts, you can't recomp your body to build up muscle there since breasts are composed mostly of fatty tissue.
    2. Learn to love your smaller breasts
    3. Implants

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Thanks!

There are only 3 things you can do.

1. Stop losing weight (or gain back weight since you want to gain your breasts back). Unlike other body parts, you can't recomp your body to build up muscle there since breasts are composed mostly of fatty tissue.
    2. Learn to love your smaller breasts
    3. Implants
    They're probably pretty awesome. FYI.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Boob job.... Or a new bra that's a smaller cup size!
  • AshleyAnn9
    Options
    This is my struggle too :( and they wasn't much to being with.
  • kur0shiro
    kur0shiro Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys! I appreciate the replies. I guess I really have to like them now! Hahah. I just thought it'd be better if I gain a bit for it since I lost so much weight and I feel like it's gone one cup smaller. Huhu.

Guess I should invest in new underwear! :blush:
  • kur0shiro
    kur0shiro Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    AshleyAnn9 wrote: »
    This is my struggle too :( and they wasn't much to being with.

Ugh exactly my struggle! :( I was just a 36B and now I feel like I'll be an A if I keep losing weight. Thank goodness for VS push-up bras haha
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I went from a 34B, and I'm now a 30AA. I was sad, but I realised that if I had to pick between being overweight or having smaller boobs, I'd choose the latter, because not being overweight = less risk of health complications in the future. With a lot of willpower and determination, I can now proclaim I appreciate my boobs, no matter what size they are, because they don't define me. Aside, congratulations on your weight loss, OP!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    WTG on the loss-buy a smaller bra and learn to love smaller boobs.
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i say love them! i never had big ones to begin with and now i'm like a 34/32 A and i still think theyre cute! you can't gain back boobs without more weight
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Can't tell if it's true or not, post some before and after pics, LMAO. Joking of course!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    LOL! I had this issue. I found a website that showed how to measure for your new boobie size. Having a bra that fits makes this issue not quite so frustrating. :)

Check this thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1282923/boob-shrinkage-after-weightloss/p1
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I have fairly large ones and they're the first place I gain and lose. Have lost almost 10lbs and my bras are loose in the top part now but the next size down isn't *quite* there yet. It's just part of the process unfortunately.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I lost an entire cup size from the 60lbs I've lost so far. I just bought me some new bras. Any time I lose weight my boobs go first. I figure they're just a victim of the war.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    From a guy's perspective - just buy a bra that fits.

I see these threads on MFP all the time and I usually just shake my head. I guess I'm bored this morning! Here goes - the thing is, yes they will get smaller as you lose weight, but they will actually fit your body proportionally. I don't understand why anyone would want to be 120-140 lbs with giant "fat girl" boobs (and I mean that in the most loving way!). Just enjoy what you have and be glad that they are what they are - I seriously doubt you'll get any complaints!

Side note - it always irks me when overweight women talk about how big their boobs are, usually complaining about back pain, sweaty underboob, and how they can't exercise with them in tow. Most of the time, they aren't big, they are just as overweight as the rest of the woman's body. It's just not that attractive. Get yourself healthy and all your body parts will magically get into the right proportions and you'll feel better AND guys will love them just as much, if not more!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose my boobs. Just a smaller band. I finally started buying supportive sports bras so I don't bounce in cardio classes.
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    My boobs seemed to be the first to go, but I was always an A cup at a normal weight so it wasn't much of a surprise. So my boobs will be small but the rest of me will be too, I'm OK with that. I never had much in the way of curves (top or bottom), and I'd rather be slim with no curves than fat with no curves.

Just think of all the advantages of an A cup! You can go braless sometimes, you can wear a comfy sports-style bra if you want instead of underwire. You don't have problems with them when you jog. etc etc
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, hon. I understand... but you can't make your breasts grow. What you can do is buy bras that have a little padding built in. The kind that have the "cookie" or "cutlet" thing at the bottom of the cups.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    two words 'chicken fillets'