Smaller breasts after losing weight

Options

Replies

• Oxmarqt
    Oxmarqt Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I can only hope my "breasts" shrink from losing weight.... :)
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    put some chicken cutlets into your bra, you're as good as gold. Now you're just proportionate to your smaller size. Enjoy the freer movement. Now you can go crossbow train without them getting in the way and run up the stairs without them hitting your chin.
  • BadWolf_Rose
    BadWolf_Rose Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    kur0shiro wrote: »
    AshleyAnn9 wrote: »
    This is my struggle too :( and they wasn't much to being with.

Ugh exactly my struggle! :( I was just a 36B and now I feel like I'll be an A if I keep losing weight. Thank goodness for VS push-up bras haha

If you get a chance, get professionally fitted. Not from someone at VS, because they tend to be off in measurements. Judging from your profile pic, if it's current, I find it hard to believe that you're a 36 band size, because you look smaller than me... and I wear a 32 band size.
    I went to a fancy lingerie boutique and got fitted, and it was the best thing I ever did. I had been wearing the wrong size for years! From the age of 20 until I was 27, I always thought I was a 34C, or when I gained weight, a 36C. I got fitted and it turns out my actual size is a 32E. I was so far off! My shirts fit so much better now, and I also used to get this pesky 'boob overflow' on the sides of my cups that I used to think was normal... nope... turns out that was excess breast tissue, which with the right size bra, can be migrated back to where it's supposed to be :)

Here's a good resource -
    boosaurus.com/p/bra-fitting.html

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Mine have become smaller, but not small. They'll never be small. When I weighed 125, I was a good C cup. Praying to get back there, but 125-130 may not be achievable at my age.

Guys don't care. They say they like big boobs, but the truth is that they like all boobs. Big ones, little ones, they just don't care. They're weird like that. Don't worry on that account. :)
  • kailadriel
    kailadriel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    GauchoMark wrote: »
    From a guy's perspective - just buy a bra that fits.

I see these threads on MFP all the time and I usually just shake my head. I guess I'm bored this morning! Here goes - the thing is, yes they will get smaller as you lose weight, but they will actually fit your body proportionally. I don't understand why anyone would want to be 120-140 lbs with giant "fat girl" boobs (and I mean that in the most loving way!). Just enjoy what you have and be glad that they are what they are - I seriously doubt you'll get any complaints!

Side note - it always irks me when overweight women talk about how big their boobs are, usually complaining about back pain, sweaty underboob, and how they can't exercise with them in tow. Most of the time, they aren't big, they are just as overweight as the rest of the woman's body. It's just not that attractive. Get yourself healthy and all your body parts will magically get into the right proportions and you'll feel better AND guys will love them just as much, if not more!

You started out great, and then you tanked horribly into causing body image issues territory. Breasts come in all sizes and shapes and they are lovely. They can also cause legitimate problems, and that's not a "fat girl" problem. It's a "my back cannot support this weight hanging from my shoulders" problem. Sometimes that can be cured with diet and exercise, sometimes it requires surgery. There is never a good reason to describe someone's body type as "fat girl" based solely on one body part. Some bodies are top heavy, some are lithe, and most are somewhere in between. As long as they are healthy, they are all beautiful.

Anyways, OP, I highly recommend purchasing some new bras! Getting fitted into a bra that provides proper support (and is pretty!) will make you feel much better. It can give you better posture, and it might also make your clothes fit a little better. Try out different styles and fabrics to see what you like the best. Be sure to bring a sample t-shirt and sweater to try over them.

If you are really bothered by the change in your appearance and don't want to consider surgery, you can buy gel inserts to fill out the cups in your old bras. They are relatively inexpensive and look great.

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    To really have an opinion on this, I'll need to see before and after pics >:)
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    AshleyAnn9 wrote: »
    This is my struggle too :( and they wasn't much to being with.

Ugh exactly my struggle! :( I was just a 36B and now I feel like I'll be an A if I keep losing weight. Thank goodness for VS push-up bras haha

Are you sure you're measuring correctly? Most women aren't.

http://www.brasizecalculator.tk/
    Try putting your measurements in here.

My breasts have gotten smaller too since losing weight, and I'm quite happy about it. Less breast is less hassle all the way around.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    kailadriel wrote: »
    GauchoMark wrote: »
    From a guy's perspective - just buy a bra that fits.

I see these threads on MFP all the time and I usually just shake my head. I guess I'm bored this morning! Here goes - the thing is, yes they will get smaller as you lose weight, but they will actually fit your body proportionally. I don't understand why anyone would want to be 120-140 lbs with giant "fat girl" boobs (and I mean that in the most loving way!). Just enjoy what you have and be glad that they are what they are - I seriously doubt you'll get any complaints!

Side note - it always irks me when overweight women talk about how big their boobs are, usually complaining about back pain, sweaty underboob, and how they can't exercise with them in tow. Most of the time, they aren't big, they are just as overweight as the rest of the woman's body. It's just not that attractive. Get yourself healthy and all your body parts will magically get into the right proportions and you'll feel better AND guys will love them just as much, if not more!

You started out great, and then you tanked horribly into causing body image issues territory. Breasts come in all sizes and shapes and they are lovely. They can also cause legitimate problems, and that's not a "fat girl" problem. It's a "my back cannot support this weight hanging from my shoulders" problem. Sometimes that can be cured with diet and exercise, sometimes it requires surgery. There is never a good reason to describe someone's body type as "fat girl" based solely on one body part. Some bodies are top heavy, some are lithe, and most are somewhere in between. As long as they are healthy, they are all beautiful.

I love how you read my post as completely black and white stereotyping... If you re-read it, I never said that all people with big boobs are fat.

However, if you have large boobs and lose weight and don't have large boobs anymore... then you didn't have big boobs, you had fat boobs. My point was, why would you want every other part of your body to be small and keep a disproportionately large chest that causes all kinds of discomfort problems.

Just relax, I'm not putting anyone down...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    kailadriel wrote: »
    You started out great, and then you tanked horribly into causing body image issues territory.
    Miley, stahp!
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to lose some boobs
  • gvhunterollie
    gvhunterollie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Guys don't care. They say they like big boobs, but the truth is that they like all boobs. Big ones, little ones, they just don't care. They're weird like that. Don't worry on that account. :)

^^^^ This, this, and more of this!

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

I don't really have an issue with Gaucho's post, :) as you are entitled to your opinion and what you like and what you don't like. We are all attracted to/turned off by different things. :)

However, I can say that as a gigantic lard*ss, I DO get stared at in the chesticles...constantly. I mean constantly. And not in any horrified way, either. ;) Unless an enchanted "I can't look away" smile = horror. I am constantly amazed that guys can find ANY part of me attractive at this weight (currently 205) but apparently...it's possible. Even old. Even married. Even fat. I've got big'uns and they get noticed.

But again, as I said earlier, I am looking forward to smaller boobs because *I* like mine smaller...I like how they look in tops better, I like not having them feel hot and (ugh) sweaty in the summer (I don't smell or anything like that, don't get grossed out)...but that's not to say every woman feels the way I do about it. I know women with gigantic breasts who rock 'em and love them; we are all different.

(And as an aside, I have known several men in my life who couldn't stand big boobs, including on very slender women! Ironically, one of them once tried to date me - apparently despite what nature gave me? I declined...not because of the boob issue, just putting it out there...)

I'm lucky - I don't have any back problems at all from being endowed. So that's not the issue, it's more a personal preference thing...what I personally like, for my own body. But if they were even more gigantic, or if they were tiny, I'd learn to love them either way, because they are a part of me and because I don't really get a choice! So, may as well love 'em!

• MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My wife dropped down to a B cup from an E after two kids and losing weight and becoming a pretty awesome runner. As much as I was a "boob guy" and still am, I'd much rather her be proportional. And now I'm a "flat stomach guy". I love how good of shape she's in.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Hey! Finally .5kg left for my weight goal but I noticed something... My breasts definitely shrinked! My favorite bra which fit me like a glove before has so much cup space now :( Any suggestions how I can gain for my bust area? It's kinda frustrating, if only I can transfer all of my remaining belly flab to my breasts hahaha

Thanks!

Boob job.... Or a new bra that's a smaller cup size!

Push up bra! :D
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

I don't really have an issue with Gaucho's post, :) as you are entitled to your opinion and what you like and what you don't like. We are all attracted to/turned off by different things. :)

However, I can say that as a gigantic lard*ss, I DO get stared at in the chesticles...constantly. I mean constantly. And not in any horrified way, either. ;) Unless an enchanted "I can't look away" smile = horror. I am constantly amazed that guys can find ANY part of me attractive at this weight (currently 205) but apparently...it's possible. Even old. Even married. Even fat. I've got big'uns and they get noticed.

But again, as I said earlier, I am looking forward to smaller boobs because *I* like mine smaller...I like how they look in tops better, I like not having them feel hot and (ugh) sweaty in the summer (I don't smell or anything like that, don't get grossed out)...but that's not to say every woman feels the way I do about it.

I'm lucky - I don't have any back problems at all from being endowed. So that's not the issue, it's more a personal preference thing...what I personally like, for my own body. But if they were even more gigantic, or if they were tiny, I'd learn to love them either way, because they are a part of me and because I don't really get a choice! So, may as well love 'em!

Thanks. This was my point. We are what we are. If you are happy that way, then that's great. However, why would you want to change most of your body except part?!

How would people react if I decided that having an overweight arm (just one!) was sexy so I wanted to lose weight down to 120 lbs but keep this arm that belongs on a 200 lb person... doesn't make sense.
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Embrace your small boobs! That's what I do :) I used to hate them but I've learned to really love them..I mean, I hardly ever have to wear a bra. It's quite comfortable.
  • ivy_h_c
    Options
    Since breasts are mainly fat, your boobs will get smaller if you lose weight. In fact, the breasts are often the first place you will lose weight. However, that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm a 34A, and I'd love to have smaller boobs. I know that sounds weird, but it's true. You're beautiful, and don't ever let anyone (even if it's yourself) tell you otherwise. <3:D
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Buy nice well-fitting bras and love what you've got.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Uff da! FOAM "cutlets," not chicken.... hence the quotes! Lord have mercy... slimy and stinky after a couple hours! %P No more would I advise you to put a Chips Ahoy in there... No, wait, my husband would eat those. It could be interesting, at that. Hey, honey, boobie cookies! uh, never mind.... yeah I know I'm not right. U don't have to tell me. :P
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Create the world's first bulk/cut cycle for breasts!