• JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Just quit.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I personally just say no.if they pester me about it I still say no. Unless it's baklava.. Then I eat all of it.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I am definitely part of the problem and not the solution. I just brought all our leftover halloween candy to work. When its out on my kitchen table at home I'm scarfing it down. When on my desk at work, I totally ignore it.

Just remember that you can also get rid of your high calories snack and baked goods by taking them to work. lol
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    This is why for my next job, I'm going to just lie and say that too many carbs cause abdominal pain and frequent trips to the toilet. I just can't be bothered with all of the junk food in offices and subtle/non-subtle pressure to eat someone's home baked cooking.

This would be so much more embarrassing/inappropriate to get into at work, even if it were true, than just saying "no, not hungry right now" or some other usual way of turning down food.

I turn down most of our treats these days, and really no one cares.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    By not eating them?

why was this flagged???
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I am definitely part of the problem and not the solution. I just brought all our leftover halloween candy to work. When its out on my kitchen table at home I'm scarfing it down. When on my desk at work, I totally ignore it.

Just remember that you can also get rid of your high calories snack and baked goods by taking them to work. lol

I definitely do this. I made cookies a few times for different events, had a lot left over. So I divided them up and sent some to my husband's work and the rest to my work. I didn't eat any of them there, but my coworkers and boss did :-) Works for me!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    EmmieBaby wrote: »
    herrspoons wrote: »
    By not eating them?

why was this flagged???
    Reported.

love the clown mask btw =)
  • serafinelaveaux
    serafinelaveaux Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When I had an office job there was one woman who was always bringing in sweets she'd made. However, she also liked to tell us stories about how her cats "helped" her make them, and judging by the amount of cat hair that frequently appeared in her brownies and cookies, it wasn't too hard to say no. So for me, I just imagine that they all let their cats on the counter to lick the spoon while they're stirring... or their kids have sneezed on it while they made it... whatever.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    The amount of sadness in this thread is overwhelming.

I don't think it's sad to learn self-control. Lack of self-control is what got me morbidly obese. That's sad.

I never said self control is sad. Don't to digging deeper into what I said. You know what I meant.

Self control is saying "No thank you I don't want any or sure I'll have one". Self control is not "I'll avoid the kitchen" or "I'll make them put them in tins with tops on them so I don't see them". Disagree if you'd like, to me it's still sad.

I didn't know what you meant, actually. Maybe for some people avoiding the kitchen is the first step toward learning self-control You're very judgy aren't you?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    The amount of sadness in this thread is overwhelming.

I don't think it's sad to learn self-control. Lack of self-control is what got me morbidly obese. That's sad.

I never said self control is sad. Don't to digging deeper into what I said. You know what I meant.

Self control is saying "No thank you I don't want any or sure I'll have one". Self control is not "I'll avoid the kitchen" or "I'll make them put them in tins with tops on them so I don't see them". Disagree if you'd like, to me it's still sad.

I didn't know what you meant, actually. Maybe for some people avoiding the kitchen is the first step toward learning self-control You're very judgy aren't you?

if you avoid the kitchen then how would one eat? As eating is required to, you know, live...
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    *eyeroll* ...the kitchen *AT WORK*

This is getting ridiculous.

And yes, MrM27...bothers me a little bit. You remind me of my husband. Is that you, honey? <3:p
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I take responsibility for what I stuff into my face, and stop blaming others?
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    Thank you for the advice, sweetheart. I'll go wipe my tears and bury myself in a cheesecake now.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    *eyeroll* ...the kitchen *AT WORK*

This is getting ridiculous.

And yes, MrM27...bothers me a little bit. You remind me of my husband. Is that you, honey? <3:p

ohhhhhhhhhhhh you meant the work kitchen....see, that is what happens when you do not clarify your remarks....

but thanks anyway sugar...
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    ndj1979, you're not as clever as you think you are. cheers.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    kbc7288 wrote: »
    It is so difficult to eat healthy at my office. Someone is always bringing in fresh homebaked goods, leftover halloween candy, birthday cake, etcetera. What are some ways that you've successfully navigated healthy eating while at work?

Gum. My cube neighbor has seriously lined the entire shelf between us with candy and treats and people are constantly around eating them. I don't really get why people do that (put out treats I mean, obv I get why people eat them) but anyway...when I get tempted I just chew a piece of gum.