Food Sabotage At Work

Options

Replies

• focus135
    Options
    focus135 wrote: »
    kbc7288 wrote: »
    It is so difficult to eat healthy at my office. Someone is always bringing in fresh homebaked goods, leftover halloween candy, birthday cake, etcetera. What are some ways that you've successfully navigated healthy eating while at work?

Distract yourself ASAP. It's not worth painful workout sessions just to get back on track. I go through it to. Chew gum and have some unsweetened green tea or seltzer water with you.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    This thread got lot more fun since I was here last. :)
    The candy bowl on the way in the office is refilled.
    Keep it coming.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Bring your own, or budget them or you know... don't eat them.

I won't crawl back into my desk and miss one helluva party at work/house/friends just because I don't have control.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    ndj1979, you're not as clever as you think you are. cheers.

You're pretty good at being lippy yourself... are you my mother in law by chance?
  • helenarriaza
    Options
    I sell pastries, hot cocoa and cupcakes at work.

I make money out of poisoning and sabotaging them. >:)
  • mattyc772014
    Options
    I sell pastries, hot cocoa and cupcakes at work.

I make money out of poisoning and sabotaging them. >:)

haha Good idea. :)
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

You're pretty good at being lippy yourself... are you my mother in law by chance?

LOL, no I'm not old enough to be your mother-in-law! My kids are only 8 and 10. :)

Besides, he started it :)
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    k8blujay2 wrote: »
    herrspoons wrote: »
    By not eating them?

This was flagged, why? It's a totally valid suggestion.... just because people bring treats into the office does not mean you are obliged to eat them... bring healthy snacks for you and eat those instead OR anticipate that treats will be in the office and fit them into your day... it's not rocket surgery.

*flags you for being logical*

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I love to bake. I love to bake ridiculous things. I like baking things that take hours and weigh tons and have enough calories to sustain a small nation. Then I take them to work and feed them to people.

I'm a bad, bad person.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I am actually the King of Cleverdom...

QFT

Also, I'm in for personal responsibility and making treats either fit or not fit...

I had a donut from the break room the other day. I've been maintaining my weight for about 8 months now just fine eating these things...
  • mattyc772014
    Options
    I brought dry italian sausage to work today and put it in the break room. Everyone was thanking me. Non left. Great way to clean out your frig at home. :)
  • Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    Options
    The help making brownies from the cat thing has made me lol! There used to be a nurse at work that kept ferrets and used to bring in baked treats... Another nurse said to me.... Don't eat them they will have ferret wee on them!!! That worked!
    Eat enough so you're not generally hungry and just say no! It's a toughie but it's all that works. You will feel happily smug :-)
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    It is so difficult to eat healthy at my office. Someone is always bringing in fresh homebaked goods, leftover halloween candy, birthday cake, etcetera. What are some ways that you've successfully navigated healthy eating while at work?

I say no thx if it doesn't fit well into my calorie goals, OR I make it fit into my goals for the day.
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to turn down a free donut. If someone brings free donuts I eat one, log it, and then do some extra cardio to burn it.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I love to bake. I love to bake ridiculous things. I like baking things that take hours and weigh tons and have enough calories to sustain a small nation. Then I take them to work and feed them to people.

I'm a bad, bad person.

You sound wonderful. To me.
  • brewinggirl_butskinnier
    Options
    Honestly when I started losing weight I just told everyone I wasn't eating it because I was tired of being fat. So now I rarely eat the treats that are brought in because I'd be embarrassed because they know what I'm trying to do and I'd feel like a public failure.

Admittedly though, it's pretty rare that I'm really tempted by something because I'm very picky about sweets (I love to bake and always think hm I could make it better). I have been known to bring in sweets for everyone because I wanted to try a recipe and didn't want the leftovers in the house. Sorry :)
  • LadyLots2Lose
    LadyLots2Lose Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Tell yourself "I will let them all eat their pieces first". Then decide if you still want a piece. Most likely you will not. I myself work in an office and this is what I do. Usually after the junk is ate by my coworkers they are complaining about how they wish they didn't. Guess what I am always glad I didn't!! You will be too!! Hang in there and get pass the moment. Sometimes I think we say "yes" only to not be left out. I don't know about you, but I will be glad when weigh in time comes that I said "no".....The time of the weigh in will be my "YESSSSS" time!!!
    I use this strategy at work a lot myself along with the "Bite it and write/log it" strategy. I also make sure I've had something healthy first so that I'm not tempted as much. If I do want to join in, I cut myself smaller serving of cake/pastry. That way the impact is minimised.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with a little indulgence from time to time. I try and go for top quality treats though as I'm less likely to over do it.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Most storebought stuff tastes horrible anyway. Once you're off the sugar/carbs treadmill, you barely miss it.

If I really want a taste of something, I cut myself a one-bite-sized serving. But mostly I don't eat what people bring in. I'd rather spend my calories on something I chose for myself.
  • helenarriaza
    Options

I'm a bad, bad person.

Same. We are horrible.
  • lynnweil1985
    lynnweil1985 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

we might work in the same office!! LOL
    you just have to find the willpower inside yourself. Last week I passed up baby shower cake, home made cookies (all different kinds) and Halloween candy! If you have to decide what you want more... Junk that does taste amazing.. or Health that makes you FEEL Amazing!!!