What are you reading at the moment?

Options
124»

Replies

• Bartlettlady
    Options
    I'm reading a book by Fannie Flagg...Standing In The Rainbow. I enjoy her books.
  • PrincessLacey
    Options
    harry potter and the prisoner of askaban
  • where_next
    where_next Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You should read Lissy's Story while you're on your Stephen King kick. Also- if your kick last a long time, you should knock out all seven books of The Dark Tower Series. It's great.
  • pmarti5
    pmarti5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i am rereading Water for Elephants cause i loved the book and the movie is coming out in April. Next on my list: I'd Know You Anywhere by Laura Lippman. LOVE to read and i recommend paperbackswap for those of u who want to list their used books. you mail a book and get a credit for a book! love it! recycle!
  • pmarti5
    pmarti5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i can't believe that i somehow missed this thread! i am such a book worm <3
    i am currently reading (& LOVING) Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.
    I have a nook if anyone on here has one too & we can be nook friends? lol message me, i have a little collection of ebooks going & would love someone to loan with!

i suggest anyone who hasn't yet, read The Hunger Games series... i couldn't put them down & finished the 3 books in a long weekend.

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough, or a book long enough to suit me." - C.S. Lewis <3

not sure if i'm responding to a quote correctly! anyway.....i loved Water for Elephants, i'm rereading now because the movie is coming out in April! i am thinking about purchasing a Kindle or Nook, why did u choose the Nook over the Kindle? and can u share ebooks?
  • jram72
    jram72 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I am hoping to get to 50 pounds lost (39 so far). When I reach 50 and my wife gets to 40 lbs. lost we are going to get an e-reader to reward ourselves!
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Bleak House - Charles ****ens

I love ****ens.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Hm, I have several going right now.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson for, yes, the fifth time. I love Lisbeth Salander, she kicks butt. :)
    The Dirt, an autobiography about Motley Crue
    The Memory Keeper's daughter by Kim Edwards

and now that I saw someone post about Ayn Rand, I'm going to go home and start reading the Fountainhead again.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading Fireproof by Eric Wilson last night. That was a great book. Next I'm going to start on Face of Betrayal by Lis Wiehl.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    The Keeping by Nicky Charles. Just finished the Conversion series by S. C. Stephens...it was incredible.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    FIction-wise, Kay Hooper's books featuring Noah Bishop's FBI/psychic team - I love mysteries!

Non-fiction-wise, Jillian Michaels' "Master Your Metabolism" and Gary Taubes' "Why We Get Fat" - very interesting and informative reads!
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Stephen King People...If you haven't read DUMA KEY...it is such a great book. For some reason not as popular as some of his others, but I have never forgotten that story...it is truly haunting. Also, BAG OF BONES really scared me, another one of his. How can you not love Stephen King.

He lives 30 minutes away from me. My dad helped build his guest house.....a lot of people here know him.
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    A History of Art--- it's real interesting. It's about an inch and a half thick and each page is dedicated to one artist, has color pics of a famous (and not so famous painting) by the artist with a story/interpretation behind the painting and a brief history of the artists life. What I love most about it is it points out these wee little details in the painting that would otherwise be overlooked and then tells you the significance of the detail. The creativity is just mind blowing. :bigsmile:
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    great post! I'm reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward...I'm on Lover Avenged right now..I LOVE this series :)
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    "Night Train to Lisbon" by Pascal Mercier. Absolutely amazing!
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Also "Your body's many cries for water" by Batmanghelidj.
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am reading "His Majesty's Dragon" by Naomi Novik. I can be found on both Shelfari.com and Goodreads.com under the same name I use on this site :)
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm now reading Pale Demon by Kim Harrison.
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot (on my nook of course!!)