Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Larabars made at home!

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    You are most welcome! :bigsmile:
  • Shawnalee0703
    BTW the PB&J ones are YUMMY!!!!!!! :-D Anyone make any yet? Which did you make?
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434

I mixed dates, almonds, and a banana and took it on a long bike ride. I wanted to try more recipes but I went to Winco to buy more dates and they were completely out. I think it was the people in this thread that cleaned them out. :smile: Hopefully they'll have some next time.
  • Shawnalee0703

I mixed dates, almonds, and a banana and took it on a long bike ride. I wanted to try more recipes but I went to Winco to buy more dates and they were completely out. I think it was the people in this thread that cleaned them out. :smile: Hopefully they'll have some next time.
    BUMMER! I am out of dates now!! I will be getting MORE from Central market soon. The banana sounds YUMMY did that solidify well for you?? MMMM I want to try it! Also, how ripe was your nana?
  • BryanAir

BUMMER! I am out of dates now!! I will be getting MORE from Central market soon. The banana sounds YUMMY did that solidify well for you?? MMMM I want to try it! Also, how ripe was your nana?

I think I used about half a medium banana and it did help to hold everything together pretty well. I would say it was just a day from being what most people would consider ripe to eat, which is how I like mine.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member

:laugh: :tongue: Probably so! Sounds like a good combo!
  • suelynn62
    suelynn62 Posts: 67 Member
    bump
  • bump!
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    OMG Im so excited! I LOVE Larabars!!!!!
  • Shawnalee0703
    OMG Im so excited! I LOVE Larabars!!!!!
    MEEE TOO! :-D
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    bump
  • so awesome. i'm saving that page for sure!
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Yummy!!! Thanks for sharing my friend!! I will definitely have to try these!!! :bigsmile:
  • misschristi
    misschristi Posts: 119 Member
    okay so i made the ones from chocolatecoveredkatie.com ...just the regular chocolate ones with pecans and they are pretty good...they really have a good chocolate flavor, but idk if they are worth the calories to me... i rolled my batch into 40 little balls and the balls are about the circumference of a quarter and they are 40 calories a piece...so if i have 2 little balls its 80 cals, and i feel like i can have so many other things for that many calories. idk....they do have a good chocolatey flavor though
  • jalm36
    jalm36 Posts: 12
    awesome
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    bump
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    bump :tongue:
    gonna try this sometime
  • rusty61
    rusty61 Posts: 23
    Thanks for the link! I love Larabars so am excited to be able to try to make them myself!
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    OMG...yummy bump!!!!
  • BryanAir
    I tried my first actual Larabar this weekend. As it turns out my homemade ones tasted exactly like it, but the real Larabar was better formed. I am thinking that I'll find a rectangle mold, line it with plastic wrap and try to make them square and packed.