What's your favorite "healthy" cereal? Just curious.

Options

Replies

• stickeysweet
    stickeysweet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat store brand puffed wheat cereal. It's healthy and only 60 calories per cup and 0 sugar. I add a little fruit as a filler and 1/2 cup fat free milk. Yummy!
    I also enjoy Store brand hot oatmeal with apples and cinnamon. It is very good also. Only 110 calories per packet.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I just meant that it doesn't keep you full long and a LOT of cereal on the market is full of sugar and not really healthy, even if it has crap added.
    So sugar makes cereal unhealthy and because it's fortified with vitamins and minerals those are actually crap?

Cereal is a processed food. If you want to fool yourself into believing it's good for you, that's your call. Sorry if what I'm trying to get at, is not coming across.

I'm sure you probably believe your water from the facet / bottle is natural too, huh? lol.... you have no clue.

Processed or not, it doesn't make a difference. And how is this... cereal... so bad for us? If I eat a bowl a day will I die a slow agonizing death? Will I lose MAH GAINS? Will my deadlift drop down to 500?!?!?! Will my squat drop? Will my butt hurt after the bathroom?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The only cereals I eat now are Honey Nut Cheerios and Life. Also Nature Valley Protein Granola that I mix with Greek yogurt.
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    All Bran, Multigrain cheerios + ancient grains, and Special K with Red Berries. I agree it doesn't always fill me up, but in a pinch it works. Just make sure to have snacks on hand and add fruit if you can. My "goal" is always to have three food groups in a meal, and it seems to work well for me... so far.
  • sarahmilner714
    sarahmilner714 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    cheerios preferably the honey ones. I eat them dry as a snack, I just have to make sure I put some in a bowl rather than eating them from the box.

Also love porridge with honey.

Mmmm!!!!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go lean. It's yummy!!
  • _celesse
    _celesse Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like this granola cereal by Cascadian Farms. Has a good balance of all the granola-y things I like. I don't eat it all the time, though, cause it ain't exactly low calorie lol.
  • FitMelody4Life
    FitMelody4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options

I love peanut butter cheerios with diced bananas sprinkled with cinnamon. For my milk I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 1/2 scoop of chocolate protein powder mixed in my shaker then pour it on top of the cereal and cinnamon bananas so the flavors all meld together.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Cereal is fine for weight loss, as with everything else it's just a matter of meeting not exceeding your calorie goal every day.

All the cereals I really love I can't have anymore due to being coeliac, I pretty much used to eat Cheerios by the frickin' barrel and I think for a while I was almost becoming part-Weetabix due to how much I loved it. Now, there are certain brands of cereal I can have that don't contain gluten, mainly gluten-free corn flakes. It's hard to go wrong with a big bowl of corn flakes and ice cold milk! This thread is making me want cereal, lol.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Cheerios.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Special K protein chocolate, or Chex chocolate.

51637601.png
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I just meant that it doesn't keep you full long and a LOT of cereal on the market is full of sugar and not really healthy, even if it has crap added.
    So sugar makes cereal unhealthy and because it's fortified with vitamins and minerals those are actually crap?

Cereal is a processed food. If you want to fool yourself into believing it's good for you, that's your call. Sorry if what I'm trying to get at, is not coming across.

Could you list, say, a half a dozen foods that haven't been processed?

Could you explain which part of the processing of cereal, or how the fact that it generally contains some sugar, makes it not good for you?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

My 300g of cereal was pretty filling.

dkVIcj1.jpg
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I like cereal dry for a snack, I love a bowl of multigrain cheerios in the evening. I figure it's better than a bowl of potatoe chips
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I eat the same cereal regardless of whether or not I am trying to fit into my skinny jeans. I always go for the hot cereals like steel cut oats. Pretty much any version of oatmeal is my go to.
  • hiswaywardgirl
    Options
    I'm not a fan of sugary cereal, but I like oatmeal. Steel-cut oats are supposed to have the lowest impact on your blood sugar, but they take forever to cook. I like them with a banana, fruit, or honey -- and maybe some milk.

GoLean Crunch was my old standby, but I'd find myself eating it out of the box like a snack. Also... Lucky Charms. Those little pastel marshmallows. MMM.
  • Floridanudist
    Floridanudist Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Blueberry Morning, though it sticks to me so I don't eat it very often.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll just list my favorite cereal in general:

Raisin Bran, Corn Flakes, Honey Bunches of Oats, Honey Nut Cheerios, Frosted Mini-wheats, Cocoa Pebbles, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, granola... I think that's it.

I haven't eaten cereal in a while because I feel like for the calories, it doesn't fill me up.
  • marciaholland77
    marciaholland77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Krave, I love chocolate!