I'm 19 and have never had a boyfriend :(

Options
1235»

Replies

• rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Try meetup.com. It's not a dating website. It's about hanging out with people who have similar interested. I've met so many awesome people (both male and female) on meetup. I've also dated a few girls through meetup. Yes, you meet weirdos and guys that just want to "hook up," but you get that no matter where you go.

Also, like others said, you are young! Don't worry so much about finding the "perfect" guy. Just keep improving yourself and do things you enjoy and someone will just show up.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Get involved in activities, charity work, sports, an art or book club, save money for travel, find something you are passionate about and live a full life so when you do find someone you want to spend time with, you're including them in your own world rather than having your world revolve around them.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Boyfriends are overrated. I haven't had one in almost 3 years and have never been happier :smiley:

Yeah?... well... Girlfriends are overrated too. lol

Been single for about that long, myself. :)
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I can't help but find it funny that you say you've never had a boyfriend and your profile picture is Taylor Swift. :wink: Love yourself, show confidence, and the guys will come. Make yourself a priority!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    jazzy_45 wrote: »
    You won't be happy with someone else until you can be happy with yourself.

And once you're happy with yourself, you will gain confidence and that will open up doors in your life, be it love, career or other things.

Don't panic, life isn't a race.

Thanks but I am pretty happy with myself!
    clearly not- or else your identity issue with having a boyfriend wouldn't be an issue.

People who are comfortable with themselves never question why they go through life "without" a thing to make them happy.

They do the things that make them happy. Period.

I didn't date till after college- I had one really REALLY effed up relationship in college that has literally scarred me for life and done more damage than I'm willing to admit. Almost cost me the love of my life I have now.

Seriously- there is absolutely NO need to met some imaginary deadline. You should be you as you are and nothing else- if someone notices how awesome you are for YOU- then you can worry about it.

No reason to rush- 19 is young. go on some dates- don't' go on some dates.
    I honestly miss being single sometimes. *kitten*'s fantastic.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    jazzy_45 wrote: »
    You won't be happy with someone else until you can be happy with yourself.

And once you're happy with yourself, you will gain confidence and that will open up doors in your life, be it love, career or other things.

Don't panic, life isn't a race.

Thanks but I am pretty happy with myself!

I don't think we're trying to say that you're not happy with yourself in the same sense of the word. We're saying that you need to be happy spending time with yourself--watching the movies, doing what interests you, etc. Be happy BEING WITH yourself, which you're not if you're trying so hard to get a boyfriend.

I know it isn't the advice you were looking for, but it really is the truth. You'll only find the right person when you stop needing to find any person.

Best of luck!
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and I've never had a boyfriend.

Then again, I am a lesbian.

I love this answer!!! :p

I'm 24 and I've had boyfriends. The first bf I had was a complete *kitten* and not only started me down a path of bad relationships and *kitten* choices, it also screwed me up mentally and now I'm bitter towards relationships and I think true love is a complete load of *kitten*. All cause I was so desperate to have a bf that I got one before I was ready.

So take your time and wait for someone good to come along. In the mean time I suggest you snuggle yourself by the fire while you listen to Taylor Swift...that's what I do.
  • cdoesthehula
    cdoesthehula Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think online dating is going to work for you right now. I can't imagine many boys your age would be mature enough for online dating.

Instead, do things that make you feel good about yourself.

Join clubs, find things that interest you and that you care about. I suspect your friends might not give perfect guidance, but if you feel like you want someone to talk to there is no shame in getting a bit of counselling.

Just keep doing that, and it will happen for you. Things are going to be great. Really!
  • jenner_baby
    Options
    You are still young! Enjoy your life, get out and do stuff now. The right guy will come around and love you for who you are. I have been with my hubby since I was 16 and still happy, but not all young couples stay strong. Dont be in a hurry, you still have plenty of time to be with someone. :)
  • jenner_baby
    Options
    Seriously your 19. Enjoy being single. There is so much more to life at 19 then having a boyfriend. If you are feeling this way at such a young age then you must not feel good about yourself and feel you need someone to complete you. Go out with your friends and have fun, meet people, join social groups, volunteer. Stop focusing on finding someone to make you feel better because it won't until you feel good about yourself. Yes it can suck at times but focusing on what isn't won't make you feel any better.

Yes!!!
  • Mitzimum
    Mitzimum Posts: 163 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    While there is some great advice above, I would suggest getting out and maybe dating some guys that might not necessarily be 'the one'. The more you get out and date the more you learn about what you do and don't want in a guy and eventually you'll find Mr. Right. Even dating men you think 'only want one thing' can be a lot of fun as they may just find you are more than they expect (always play hard to get though). In saying this everyone is different and approaches relationships differently, I knew my husband was 'the one' the moment I met him. I've been dating since I was 15 and have no regrets, you only live once, get out and have some serious fun!
  • FedGirlUSA
    FedGirlUSA Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was really shy as a teenager and never dated. It wasn't until I moved away from home and went to college that I started dating. Even then, I never was the type to date lots of different guys at the same time. It's pretty normal to think life is passing you by and that 'everyone' else is dating. My former roommates and I laugh now...about how insecure we were about our looks, our weight. If only we could be "as fat" as we used to be in college.

A lot of people are more insecure than they let on. You gotta fake it 'til you make it. ;)
  • FedGirlUSA
    FedGirlUSA Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    p.s. my first serious boy friend was my best friend....a mutual friend confided in him that I had a crush on him. we didn't get married. i married my best friend.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm 29 and I've never had a boy friend. I'm honestly not very depressed by that statement. Surprisingly.

Take this time and focus on yourself. Study hard, work hard, the personal relationships will come later as you meet those with similar goals.

Usually students like to form study groups for classes... Maybe try this to meet people?
    Maybe try to get involved with campus activities/groups? That's a way to meet people and it looks good when applying to universities.
  • pirate_john_75
    pirate_john_75 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I had my first relationship at 34. Then, at 35, I met the woman I would marry.

Basically, you need to work on you before you can be in a relationship. I spent so many years pining over the fact that I was perpetually single that I came across as needy. It wasn't until I realized that I could be perfectly happy being on my own that women finally started noticing that they might want to join me in my life travels. My first girlfriend was actually the one who pursued me!