McDonalds

Options
once in a while I like to stop there to get an egg mcmuffin. Are they ok or will that derail my day?

Replies

• ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    As long as you make sure to fit it into your daily calories and macro's then it won't derail your short-term weightloss.

However, if you make a habit of going to McDonald's drive thru often, you may be setting yourself up for long term failure. At some point, you're going to have less motivation and all those hash brown, sugary drinks, etc., that are on McDonald's menu are going to look very appetizing.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    In for hash browns!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I love McDonalds.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Yeah it will ruin your day completely. Hang your head in shame if you have eaten one....
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    The coffee is crap, but the McMuffins are good.
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Poofersgrl wrote: »
    once in a while I like to stop there to get an egg mcmuffin. Are they ok or will that derail my day?
    Put it in your log and see what it does. If you like it, then order it. If you don't, then delete it.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Its just food. Do you know about MFP, calories and maintaining your deficit How many calories is it? What will the effect be on your deficit?
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    Yeah it will ruin your day completely. Hang your head in shame if you have eaten one....

I'm sensing sarcasm here....but it's not apparent enough....so I will say the above statement is false.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    The egg mcmuffin is a good option. Egg white delight even better (50 less calories, 5 less fat, 1 more protein)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    In for hash browns!

Seriously, why is there not a like button yet?!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Its just food.

Food rots. McMuffins do not.

That being said, an occasional McMuffin won't derail you.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    In for hash browns!

Seriously, why is there not a like button yet?!

I second both of those comments! Burger King hash browns are even better!

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    eldamiano wrote: »

I'm sensing sarcasm here....but it's not apparent enough....so I will say the above statement is false.

10 points. If you had gone out and said 'yeah this is definitely sarcasm I would have given you 20 points....
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    300 Calories
    18g protein
    29g carbs
    12g fat

Looks okay to me.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Poofersgrl wrote: »
    Depends on who you are. Will 300 calories derail you? No. Will that particular combination of 300 calories shift your hunger and thinking? You know the answer to that better than we do.

For me? Not worth it. For me? it's not part of building a healthier lifestyle. But we're all different. YMMV
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you're still in a calorie deficit, there's nothing wrong with one every once in a while.

And now I want a McGriddle...
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Just work it into your daily allowance, look at my diary, i eat all sorts of stuff from the good the bad and the down right ugly lol!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    AZKristi wrote: »
    999tigger wrote: »
    Its just food.

Food rots. McMuffins do not.

That being said, an occasional McMuffin won't derail you.

It's still just food....
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    The coffee is crap, but the McMuffins are good.
    Wha? Maybe in the US it's totes different, but here in Western Canada they actually have pretty darn decent coffee.

Nowhere near Starbucks or any local coffee shops, but for a quick pinch it totally beats that nasty brown liquid from Tim Horton's that everyone and their dog raves about.
  • jstrun
    jstrun Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If you're still in a calorie deficit, there's nothing wrong with one every once in a while.

And now I want a McGriddle...

mmmm McGriddle....best creation ever.