I am allowed 1200 calories per day..any tips on a sweet, low calorie, late night snack?

123457»

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    OP, with 53 pounds to go, I'd raise your calorie goal. I know you raised it to 1350, and that's good, but I bet you could get away with raising it even more. Eat at least some of your exercise calories if you're not already.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Apple & PB is my go to for a sweet fix :smile:
  • Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    Great ideas!

My go to snacks are:

Weight Watchers Greek Frozen yogurt - 100 cal
    - I love the Black Cherry Swirl flavor

Fudgecycles - 40 cal

If I must have candy I go with Tootsie Roll midgets - 11 cals each

I also put 1/2 - 1 serving of cereal in a baggy - ~100 calories worth
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    I drink my protein shake/have a protein cookie right before bed. I adjust according to what my workout looks like the next morning and how many calories I have left that day....

fills me up, helps me wake-up too :)
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Air popped popcorn with a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    I make my own "diet" cocoa, (2 cups Splenda, 2 cups cocoa powder (I use a free trade dark), one of the small containers of Sugar Free Powdered Creamer (The flavored ones are fab...my current batch is amaretto), 1 cup non-fat powdered milk. Mix it all together, then 2-3 TBSP in a mug of hot water.) If at the end of the day my calories allow it, I will top it off with a squirt of the whipped cream in the can.
  • Jim_1000
    Jim_1000 Posts: 52 Member
    Sliced apple and cellery, cinamon, lemon juice (2 tsp). 2 tsp sugar or substitute Chill for 1 hour in fridge. 100-130 calories. :)
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Fiber One® 90 Calorie Brownies; 90 Calorie Chocolate Chip Cookie; 90 Calorie Lemon Bar; Dole - Mixed Fruit In Cherry Gel - Sugar Free Gel, 40 calories;
  • lozzyhunxx
    lozzyhunxx Posts: 47 Member
    I have the same problem!! I have greek yogurt :smile:
  • maddy1900
    maddy1900 Posts: 8 Member
    I often have a smoothie. I use a lot of greens and little bit of fruit for sweetness. It is nutritional and helps my craving for sweets....spinach, broccoli, carrots, blueberries, and raspberries are some of favorite smoothie ingredients...
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Here you go. Freeze a tray of coffee. Freeze a ripe banana. Get out your little packets of fake sugar, and your nonfat milk. Now into your food processor put a little liquid, maybe half a cup. Break up the ripe banana and process. Throw in two table spoons of cocoa, and two or three sugar fake packets. Now feed in one coffee cube at a time. Yum yum yum. I double the recipe, but for the second ice cubes I use frozen nonfat milk cubes. Makes almost a gallon of ice cream shake for 300 calories. A GALLON!!!!!
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    oh, and if you just use the coffee cubes, you have 100 calorie half a gallon shake/ice cream.
  • NoMoreTwizzlers
    NoMoreTwizzlers Posts: 72 Member
    edited November 2014
    My favorites :D :
    1. Fresh fruit sprinkled in plain, fat-free greek yogurt with a little plain, fat-free greek yogurt with a little calorie free sweetner to counter the the betterness. (70 calories plus the calories in the fruit)
    2. Half cup of plain, fat-free greek yogurt with a half tablespoon of honey. (100 calories)
    3. Sugar Free Jello Chocolate Pudding with one serving of lite whipped topping (90 calories of satisfaction)
    4. Bowl of plain, hot oatmeal with a little calorie free sweetner and vanilla or almond extract. (150 calories)
  • kitsa77
    kitsa77 Posts: 9 Member
    I love pomegranate seeds. Now that they're coming into season I shovel 'em into my face like no tomorrow. I usually peel one or two and just keep the seeds in my fridge for a quick snack. They're crunchy and sweet and I find the combo of those two things super satisfying.