Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Massive Lifestyle Change- No results! :(

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    This is all very interesting...I guess I didn't think about how much the weight of things like apples could add up.

I was just thinking that myfitness pal "add food" thing was pretty much dead-on accurate.

Not eating back my exercise calories? Didn't think of that, I kind of thought I was supposed to! :P

Eating back exercise calories IMO depends on where you got your target number. If you plugged your stats into MFP and it said to eat 1800 calories net, by all means eat back some exercise calories. Please note that MFP activity level (sedentary, lightly active, etc) refers to how you spend the bulk of your day, NOT intentional exercise. Intentional exercise is what you then log and eat back some exercise calories. If you've called yourself active because you go running 3x per week and MFP already gave you a couple hundred more exercise calories to eat per day everyday, and you also log and eat back intentional exercise calories, then you're double dipping

On the other hand some people prefer to go to a TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) website. They plug in their stats including all the exercise they do. The number you'll get from such a website already takes into account that you're exercising, so you really just need to eat what it's given you and not eat back additional exercise calories
  • kayyaker
    kayyaker Posts: 1 Member
    Lots of good advice!! Just one more thing to try...I cannot drink alcohol at all...One drink throws me off for at least a week.. Worth a try??
  • botch74
    botch74 Posts: 11 Member
    I to was over weight ( by a lot ) and due to HBP meds, felt sick all the time.
    I decided to cut out pre processed foods, witch left me with mostly fresh food to eat ( funny how that works).
    I have lost 45 pounds. Fresh is best when trying to reduce your weight. O yea cut down on meats to.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    i agree that you should measure weigh and track when you can. its not what you eat, its how much. if you cant weigh everything leave a buffer for error in your goal, and at least weigh the densest things like meat, cheese, etc. track everything no matter what.

you may have to adjust your calorie goal a number of times before you find the magic number. i had to adjust up and down for about 2 months until i found one that gave me consistent results but not too much too fast.

you should also plan for slow results. you lose slowly if you want to stay healthy and look like you want to look at the end.

but you should see results if you are doing it right, at least by this time. if not it isnt that the lifestyle change is futile, just that you need to work harder to make it work.
  • Actually, I have the same problem. Does anyone know any good tips to lose weight fast? Because I’ve been trying so hard but nothing seems to be working. It’s so frustrating!
  • I use to have the same problem I tried everything from dieting to exercise but no matter what I tried it never worked. I felt bad about myself. I was ashamed of what I was. This was when my bother referred me to a friend of his a Doctor from the Philippines with that and continued exercise I reached my ideal built and weight. :smile:
  • bylot
    bylot Posts: 11
    Without weighing EVERYTHING accurately, this will go nowhere. Simple as that.

It really does come down to "Eat less, (and if you can) move more". End of story.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,122 Member
    6 months into a total lifestyle change with little results is reason to be concerned, but 3 weeks is not. Keep monitoring and recording the best you can and make adjustments accordingly going forward.
  • kimtober
    kimtober Posts: 52 Member
    I agree that it's more about moderation than completely cutting out. I would have a very difficult time cutting out sugar permanently, so I let myself have a little treat every day. My starting stats were close to yours--5'8" 185lbs. I've been counting calories and doing serious cardio workouts only twice a week and I've lost 30lbs in 8 months. It's been a little under a pound a week. I'm eating around 1300-1500 calories. I've cut out most beverages besides water, but I let myself have a Coke a couple times a week. I think that's made the biggest difference for me.

3 weeks isn't that long. Don't give up!!
  • I use to have the same problem I tried everything from dieting to exercise but no matter what I tried it never worked. I felt bad about myself. I was ashamed of what I was. This was when my bother referred me to a friend of his a Doctor from the Philippines with that and continued exercise I reached my ideal built and weight. :smile:

Actually i kinda don't trust medical procedures for weight loss. I don't wanna be put "under the knife" you know.
  • What reason may you have not trusting medical procedures?
  • I'm not a spammer I'm just sharing my experience :) I do jog by the way and still try my best to stay fit
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited November 2014
    "Medical Procedures" ALL have grave side effects and who wants that? We are all different but who wants to have to *BLEEP* their brains out after ever meal or be able to eat ridiculously small amounts without puking? And guess what? Most gain it all back my friends!! Because it has not solved a damn thing in their mind or behavior!!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    If you are struggling with what you are doing I would suggest looking seriously at your logging practices...for example I KNOW that spring mix has potassium, and yet a lot of entries say 0. MFP has the most comprehensive data I have seen there is ALWAYS an accurate listing except maybe restaurants. Even then you can approximate by looking at similar restaurants that DO publish info. Look at your nutrient ratios. I do best low carb high fat moderate protein. Maybe you need a tweak in some way. Experimenting will tell you.
  • @cindytw Only recorded complications for vaser surgery is Seroma. Which happens when you revome deeper layers of fat which can be treated anyway and not affect your surgery.
  • Yeah, i think it's ridiculous as well. I'm still a believer of the idea that "hardwork truly pays off".
  • @jjpratt1981 OK Then have you seen the 2000 calorie diet? Or the diet based on your blood type?
  • @jackdomingo Honestly, I don't know that. I'm just tryin my best to get fit
  • The 2000 cal diet youre able to eat whatever you want but you need to count your calorie intake which is hard for most. Theory behind the 2k diet is the body only needs 2000 calories to properly function anything above that turns to fat.

The diet based on your blood type is something completely different. What is your blood type?
  • O. I think you just need discipline for those kind of diets.