Clean Eating

Options

Replies

• CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the whole "clean" concept. The more i see in posts, the more confused i get.

Maybe i need to start eating in the shower.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    FWTrz.gif
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    If you eat a regular diet it will, for the most part, be a clean diet. I do not eat processed foods, usually, and I cook for myself every day including meal prep for breakfasts and lunches on Sundays. I feel as though most people who eat regular balanced diets eat pretty clean, and if they want to go out and have a burger and a beer then let them.

PS - if you try to do this 100% clean from eating processed or highly refined foods for 8 weeks you will more than likely go stir crazy. Try to do like 75% clean and 25% dirty or something.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Damn it PRMinx....you're a ninja.

aw6ug.jpg
    (*)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »
    If you eat a regular diet it will, for the most part, be a clean diet. I do not eat processed foods, usually, and I cook for myself every day including meal prep for breakfasts and lunches on Sundays. I feel as though most people who eat regular balanced diets eat pretty clean, and if they want to go out and have a burger and a beer then let them.

PS - if you try to do this 100% clean from eating processed or highly refined foods for 8 weeks you will more than likely go stir crazy. Try to do like 75% clean and 25% dirty or something.

What are these dirty foods you speak of?

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Blah no thank you OP.

Although I should for many health reasons.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Go easy on the OP. She's only had 9 posts, and I doubt she expected this kind of response.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    So a burger I make myself and eat on a whole grain bun is unclean because it's a burger, even though it's lean meat and brown bread?

This is why clean eating makes no sense.

Unless it has 1 tablespoon of refined sugar. Then it's clean...according to these rules.
  • F1tnessCh1ck
    F1tnessCh1ck Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea for those who don't do this every day. Personally, I do. I might have a 'cheat day' and go out for sushi (white rice), but everything else is pretty bang on. I had 3oz of white wine on the weekend (first time in over a month I have alcohol) and I made quinoa cookies (base of honey and natural peanutbutter with dark chocolate chips)... that's my junk! I found that after doing 21 day fix (Autum Calabrese), figuring out food portions and having control over cravings is MUCH easier!

Good luck and if you need any help/pointers/tips on things to eat, let me know :smile:
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »

How do you not eat processed foods? Please elaborate.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Good for you for attempting to improve the healthfulness of your foods.
    Eating more whole foods is great. Reducing the sheer amount of heavily refined carbs is good.
    Best of luck!
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    So "Clean" = Unprocessed ???

I buy 2 bushels of apples every year and i process them myself into 100% pure applesauce with no added ingredients. No added sugar, no spices, no preservatives, etc. This to me sounds clean but because i mashed them and then put them in jars they are no longer healthy?

I don't buy into that theory.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Um isn't every food processed?

Why yes... yes it is... any food that has been washed or cooked or otherwise prepared to consume has indeed been processed... but hey it's all semantics.

• k8blujay2
    Options
    Oh and not to be nitpicky or anything... but I don't exactly trust memes that can't spell beginner... especially when it's in REALLY LARGE LETTERS.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. I forgot about hot dogs. Have to get some today.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    k8blujay2 wrote: »
    Oh and not to be nitpicky or anything... but I don't exactly trust memes that can't spell beginner... especially when it's in REALLY LARGE LETTERS.

Bahahahaha, now that cracked me up!
  • k8blujay2
    Options

At first I just skimmed it and didn't notice but then I started thinking something just ain't right... and there it was... a misplaced G...

• melnorwich
    melnorwich Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sincere question: How does the act of grinding meat up before cooking make it "unclean"?

Qualifier: I have no problem with eating lean, whole grains, fruit and veg, nutrient rich foods. I'm just curious about the meat thing. (no giggity)

Sincere answer: I don't think that minced up meat is unclean, but it is very difficult to get shop bought minced meat which do not have sulphites added. Even decent butchers add them as it prolongs shelf life. I have a problem with sulphites as they give me these weird, optical migraines (i.e. blurred vision).

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

At first I just skimmed it and didn't notice but then I started thinking something just ain't right... and there it was... a misplaced G...

Brings the whole argument of "if I can't pronounce it, I don't eat it" to a whole new level.