• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Gee, I got flagged already....for having a sense of humor! :smiley:
  • Renibee
    Renibee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job chic, your body responds so well to clean eating, I have been eating clean consistently for a year now, I have had and continue to have great results with my overall health and weightloss goals!! So please feel free to add me, cause on this site certain folks just can't stand to see the word *clean* like they get offensive with it but it is your personal choice, not theirs!!!! They doing them and you doing you!!
  • thornborrow193
    Options
    My choice is to eat healthier to eat smarter and to not add sugar into my diet.
    Again, I state "my choice."

I choose to not eat food that comes out of a box

I choose to eat whole foods

I choose to not add or eat foods with sugar.

I ate real oatmeal today

I will eat chick pea salad with kale

I will eat chicken breast and veggies for dinner

I will drink my water.

I choose not to eat breads. Not only because I do not want to but because it bothers my stomachs.

I do eat meat but not meat out of a box, protein in which I bake myself.

The running theme is, I choose.

You may not like my decision or agree with my chooses but this thread was a request for other people who are making the same choice to encourage and praise my accomplishments with like minded choices.

Please respect my decision even if you choose not to agree with it

I am making a choice for myself. For my life and to be who I am.

We are not on MFP to cut people down for their self proclaimed lifestyle acclamations but to encourage, praise and applaude.
  • Renibee
    Renibee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well said!!! :)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

I ate real oatmeal today

I will drink my water.

I choose not to eat breads. Not only because I do not want to but because it bothers my stomachs.

You may not like my decision or agree with my chooses but this thread was a request for other people who are making the same choice to encourage and praise my accomplishments with like minded choices.

We are not on MFP to cut people down for their self proclaimed lifestyle acclamations but to encourage, praise and applaude.

That's fine if you choose this way... in fact many do here the majority of the time as well... the only difference is we don't put labels on it and we don't stress over eating an oreo... or even the temptation of eating an oreo...
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

I ate real oatmeal today

I will drink my water.

We are suppose to support the threads that clearly show ED? How about the threads stating they eat 500-700 calories. We should support that?
  • SLLRunner
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Renibee wrote: »
    Great job chic, your body responds so well to clean eating, I have been eating clean consistently for a year now, I have had and continue to have great results with my overall health and weightloss goals!! So please feel free to add me, cause on this site certain folks just can't stand to see the word *clean* like they get offensive with it but it is your personal choice, not theirs!!!! They doing them and you doing you!!
    That's not it at all, but more the fact that we see a lot of threads on clean eating.

It seems there are many different definitions of clean eating. :smile:

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

I ate real oatmeal today

I will drink my water.

No one is cutting you down, we are just having a little fun on a thread that has been posted time and time again. You should run a search if you want to see what others have said.

You are right. You do get to choose. You should eat what makes you happy. I think the poster you posted was just a little off and that's why people jumped on it. Because, honestly, you can get fresh meat and and fresh cheese and make a cheeseburger that is not coming out of a box.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Whole foods? Yes. I ate a whole pizza. It was good.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I choose Cheez-Its and cake.
  • KKJackson91
    KKJackson91 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    1. Nah I like my diet soda a couple times a week.. burgers???
    2. 1 tablespoon of sugar?? Why?? How will I bake if I stick to that?
    3. I cook my own meals 90% of the time - because I love to cook & bake
    4. 5-6 meals why??? I prefer 1-2 meals a day and what's this "right food" stuff?
    5. Why am I switching from white to brown?? I prefer white rice...

Why do you have to make this change? What are you thinking is going to happen if you do this for 8 weeks? I wouldn't survive a week let alone 8 ..

This! Eating clean makes no sense to me. I would rather just eat what I want and log it and practice portion control than to make myself suffer for 8 weeks.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I just don't get all the stress placed on this. I eat "clean" about 85-90 % of the time and I never once thought hard about it. It's just how life and eating works. Am I going to eat processed food all the time? No. It makes my stomach hurt. Sometimes actually gives me a headache.

Actually, maybe I don't eat clean. Every time I see a post or an article about it I ignore it, so who knows.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

I ate real oatmeal today

I will drink my water.

This is wonderful, and I choose to eat many of the same things-fresh fruits, veggies, my homemade bread and peanut butter, organic lactose free cheeses, and I cook 99% of my meals at home from fresh foods. 95% of what we ate was from the garden or the tree and canned, or it was simply fresh from the garden. This is simply how my mom taught me how to cook years ago, and this is how we cook here (without the garden now).

It didn't have a label then, and I don't understand the labeling now.

Nobody is being non-supportive, but people are inserting humor, some of it dry. :smile:
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I just don't get all the stress placed on this. I eat "clean" about 85-90 % of the time and I never once thought hard about it. It's just how life and eating works. Am I going to eat processed food all the time? No. It makes my stomach hurt. Sometimes actually gives me a headache.

Actually, maybe I don't eat clean. Every time I see a post or an article about it I ignore it, so who knows.

I had a Banquet Chicken Pot Pie last night for the first time in years. It was not that great.

Next time I'm going to try Marie Calendar's Chicken Pot pie. :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

I had a Banquet Chicken Pot Pie last night for the first time in years. It was not that great.

Oh yeah, that sounds good. I saw this thread and thought "mmmm hot dogs". Good source of protein.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »

I ate real oatmeal today

I will drink my water.

No one is cutting you down, we are just having a little fun on a thread that has been posted time and time again. You should run a search if you want to see what others have said.

You are right. You do get to choose. You should eat what makes you happy. I think the poster you posted was just a little off and that's why people jumped on it. Because, honestly, you can get fresh meat and and fresh cheese and make a cheeseburger that is not coming out of a box.

And this... all of this! *waves hand over reply*
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

I only like the beef ones... kinda tastes like stew...