Clean Eating

Replies

• I only adddd the photo
    As of today I am doing the above but an 8 week challenge.

I am hoping I can find others who are trying clean eating.

I premade all of my breakfasts, snacks and lunches for the week and bought the meat and veggies for every day to ensure I do not open a box at dinner time.

I need to make a change!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Oy
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Why not just eat less calories for 8 weeks.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    So a burger I make myself and eat on a whole grain bun is unclean because it's a burger, even though it's lean meat and brown bread?

This is why clean eating makes no sense.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    1. Nah I like my diet soda a couple times a week.. burgers???
    2. 1 tablespoon of sugar?? Why?? How will I bake if I stick to that?
    3. I cook my own meals 90% of the time - because I love to cook & bake
    4. 5-6 meals why??? I prefer 1-2 meals a day and what's this "right food" stuff?
    5. Why am I switching from white to brown?? I prefer white rice...

Why do you have to make this change? What are you thinking is going to happen if you do this for 8 weeks? I wouldn't survive a week let alone 8 ..
  • Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    I added you as a friend! I tend to eat this way too. I feel my best when I do. :-)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    here-we-go-again.gif
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »

That doesn't sell books. In order to sell books, you have to create a "nutritional boogeyman" by cherry-picking studies and just randomly putting references at the end of the book to make it look like the author actually read the references and the reader can say "look at all deez references it must be true".
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    Um isn't every food processed?

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    eric_sg61 wrote: »

That doesn't sell books. In order to sell books, you have to create a "nutritional boogeyman" by cherry-picking studies and just randomly putting references at the end of the book to make it look like the author actually read the references and the reader can say "look at all deez references it must be true".

I know, boring and uncontroversial.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    eric_sg61 wrote: »

"Eat fewer calories" also doesn't generate Pinterest and Facebook buzz.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Damn it PRMinx....you're a ninja.

aw6ug.jpg

B)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member

Unless you are out in your back yard grazing on grass, yes it is.
  • earlnabby
    Sincere question: How does the act of grinding meat up before cooking make it "unclean"?

Have you seen the meat grinders in some of those butcher counters? Yikes!

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    earlnabby wrote: »

Unless you are out in your back yard grazing on grass, yes it is.

But then, where does said grass come from? A bag, processed, from Lowes. Or an unclean sod farm.
  • earlnabby
    Once again, just say you are cutting out convenience foods and cooking and eating as many whole foods as possible. Simple, to the point, everyone understands what you are trying to do, and there is no negative implication like the word "clean" gives.
  • ASG_21
    ASG_21 Posts: 82 Member
    Regardless of all the sarcasm and snark in the above comments.... Those posters are pretty much on point. You really don't have to limit your diet to that extent, and almost foods are "processed" by the time you get them to your table. Chopping, grinding, cutting, mixing, and cooking are all forms of processing food.

There is no real definition of clean eating, and for many, cutting out so many things to "eat clean" is a recipe for failure and disaster. Don't get me wrong--eating minimal ingredient foods like lean proteins and veggies are extremely healthful and a great way to eat, but that doesn't mean you have to cut out everything else. Eat what you like, but eat less of it; meet your calorie and macro goals, and you're all good. Many recommend eating with an 80:20 ratio, which is defined as eating healthful and nutrient dense foods as 80% of your diet, and treats as 20%.

Best of luck with your goals!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    The same threads over and over again.