question about soup

Options
I went to a dietician who told me not to eat soup because its not good for thyroid. Is this true? And also he saod dairy prevents the body to burn fat

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I think you need a new dietician. I have thyroid disease and I'm a huge fan of soup and dairy products. Lost 40+ pounds so far...soooooo....
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Is this your dietician?
    @DrOz-620x480.jpg
  • Kylandme
    Kylandme Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I feel so lost... ive to eat every 3 hours with the designed measurements he gave me. No dairy no soups fruit 3 times per week
  • ana3067
    Options
    Kylandme wrote: »
    I feel so lost... ive to eat every 3 hours with the designed measurements he gave me. No dairy no soups fruit 3 times per week

Why? There is no reason to eat every 3 hours - this is usually a good method for people who are eating at a surplus to gain weight and don't want to eat a super large meal 3x a day.

Weight loss is all about a caloric deficit. You can eat dairy. You can eat soup. I'm eating soup tonight, and dairy. You can eat fruit more than 3x a week unless your medical condition requires that you limit your carbohydrate/glucose intake.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    :trollface:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    051.gif
  • Kylandme
    Options
    :/
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Is your dietician actually licensed? Or are you seeing a nutritionist? There's a difference.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    pander101 wrote: »
    Is your dietician actually licensed? Or are you seeing a nutritionist? There's a difference.

^This. There is a BIG difference between a nutritionist and a registered dietitian
  • Kylandme
    Options
    He just gives a weight loss plan to lose weight.... he gives a protein carb and veg... with weights. Fruit 3 times per week. No soup no dairy no salt sugar free candy or jelly/jello
  • ana3067
    Options
    He just gives a weight loss plan to lose weight.... he gives a protein carb and veg... with weights. Fruit 3 times per week. No soup no dairy no salt sugar free candy or jelly/jello

It's a shame you can't eat free candy. It's the best candy there is.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I eat fruit and LOTS of dairy, and I've lost 8kgs (17lbs ) in 7 weeks!
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Not sustainable. At all. Suddenly stopping eating foods that you previously ate is going to make you crave.

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    nJRPOGKrldlolz0XcpxVhFUAZi5T3wfVu0LIW1wuc1aJmSDqLTpiQnCIUC0fodW38AM=w300
  • Kylandme
    Options
    For example 110g chicken 35g rice or 30 g pasta and veg.. this will be a meal. All raw weight. Nd u have to eat every 3 hrs
  • AJ_G
    Options
    For example 110g chicken 35g rice or 30 g pasta and veg.. this will be a meal. All raw weight. Nd u have to eat every 3 hrs

Your "nutritionist" is a joke, ditch him immediately.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

What's his name? Or his practice called?

• ana3067
    Options
    So you're eating like 1500 calories a day. I'm going to guess that the "dietician" pulled his plan for you out of his *kitten*.

You don't have to eat 5-6x a day. You don't need to eat a bro diet to lose weight.
  • Kylandme
    Options
    Guru diet
  • AJ_G
    Options
    Guru diet

3vKJqc7.gif