What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have logged for 47 days. A huuuuge NSV for me. I am really proud of myself and I am taking things more slowly and it works fine :-)
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have two: Logged 90 days! Ran 10K for the first time (didn't let the 17 degree weather deter me).
  • LaurenCheek
    LaurenCheek Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm fitting into size 14s for the first time since about 6th grade (15 years ago, and my mom has had to loan me some work pants!

A huge NSV for me is inspiring my parents. My mother has lost about 25-30 pounds and my dad just started eating healthier meal yesterday and has already lost 2 pounds! I am so proud of them, and proud that my progress inspired them to make changes.

I tried on a bikini I bought a while back that was tight and unflattering and its actually a bit loose now. I am SO looking forward to this spring when I can rock a cute swimsuit or shorts and actually feel good in them.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    legless11 wrote: »
    My bellybutton, it used to be cavernous with a bit of an overhang, today I noticed it looks like a normal one (round). I can't stop looking at it (i'm at home, don't worry!). Literally navel gazing.

hahaha!!! I love this.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    • Shopped at Old Navy for the first time, a "normal" store, and found clothing that fits.
    • Ran six rounds three minutes each and I did not collapse in to a wheezing bundle of misery. If you told me a year ago I'd be running I would have laughed in your face.
  • StrongHealthyPowerful
    Options
    I think this feed is my most favorite encourager on all of MFP.
    It's the baby steps and NSV's that keep us going; seeing what makes others feel successful helps me to stay focused and looking for the next NSV.
    Kudos to all of you with your successes and NSV's
    I am so thankful that my friend told me about MFP because without it, I'd still be fat and "Thinking" about going on a diet instead of starting a new and healthy lifestyle.
    My best NSV today was reading all your posts. So thank you again - all of you!
    Keep up the good work.
    58369279.png

Agreed. This is the thread I come back to day after day, especially now that I've entered maintenance. It just makes me smile. :)
  • Telsera
    Telsera Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    100 days in a row on MFP!
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Shattered bench press PR tonight.
    Also got a new PR on deadlifts.
    AND new PR on chinups.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    lisajo89 wrote: »
    SOMEBODY FINALLY NOTICED!!
    I have not lost any weight this week (and I won't know now until Dec 3rd - No-Scale-November!) and was feeling a bit discouraged.
    My sisters best friend saw me and said "WOAH! Looking good, have you lost weight?" It lifted my spirits so much! :smile:
    My acquaintance, with whom I only talk once a year, said something similar, and shocked me because, although I am almost through a year of this amazing journey, I feel no different! :huh:
  • ACJP2014
    ACJP2014 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've had a few recently but really feel the need for motivation today. So to let all of you guys know and to remind myself here there are:

-Started lifting weights a little over a week ago. Have been pushing myself to increase my strength so tomorrow I will be bicep curling 5kg! Big improvement for me who has always had weak arms and started at 3kg bicep curls.

-Started back at work (which might explain why I need the motivation), and have still managed to go to the gym everynight, I even went this morning before work.

-Got really disheartened last week as I couldn't see any changes and the scales were going up. But I havn't given up and the chocolate bar sitting in my fridge is still uneaten.

-Friends have just gone out to get burgers for lunch, but I just had a beetroot and pinenut salad (P.S. This is really great salad especially if you sprinkle dill on top).

-Have not given up on running outside, although I need to find a way to pace myself and motivate myself.
  • Pucks_and_Balls
    Pucks_and_Balls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Mine was today. I've been wanting to step up my workout routine, so I pulled out my 30 Day Shred DVD and decided to do Level 1. It was still tough because Jillian is Jillian haha, but I found it easier to get through than I did the first time I completed the program.
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I've been lifting weights for a while but haven't been getting the strength gains I wanted so I started Stronglifts 5x5 about 2 weeks ago.

Today I squatted 5x5@160, overhead press 5x5@65, and deadlifted 1x5@190.

Happy to be seeing some increases!!!!
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Went to a military recruiter today and while before, I was told I was right at weight for body fat taping, today I was told that I was just 3 pounds over the weight of not having to be taped (which could easily be water weight). I was like "SERIOUSLY??? 3 POUNDS???" lol...thought I had gained a little, not lost. Love those moments :)
  • VCopple
    VCopple Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My NSV was tonight. I just danced for 45 minutes and did not feel like I wanted to die afterward. AND I was able to do it without a break!

I also had one last week where I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror at work and thought I was actually pretty!
  • keithmustloseweight
    Options
    I think a girl was looking at me.
    I'm not really sure, but it's good enough.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    *** NSV *** Usually I struggle to get a lap done on the 2nd floor at the hospital where I work. I get half way through and have to pause cuz my back or my hip starts to hurt. TODAY, I did 2 laps effortlessly without pain and without pausing! WOOP WOOP!!!
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    A friend who hasn't seen me for a while noticed my face is thinner
  • karensuegill
    karensuegill Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    ajones1965 wrote: »
    My most recent NSV is finally getting my blood sugars to the same level as a non diabetic. As of today one of my medications has been reduced. Still some way to go but it's a good start!
    I have experienced the same thing. My blood sugar is now normal and my A1C is 5.6 in the normal range. I have gotten off of Metformin and blood pressure medicine. I have lost 42 pounds and try to exercise 4-5 times a week for about 60-90 minutes. Way to go! I have about 10-12 more pounds to go. I hope my next doctor's appointment will show my A1C is even lower. I don't ever want to go back to the unhealthy lifestyle I was leading. I feel so much better and so much stronger too! All my friends and family say I look great and I feel great. I owe all my success to God. Keep up the good work! It does pay off big time!
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My ex, who I was too fat for, came into my store and told me I lost weight and that we should go out sometime. Ha, not likely. But thanks for the compliment! ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!