Pregnancy 2011- May

Options
AnneElise
AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a) wanting to drop some weight before trying to conceive (TTC)
b) (Trying to conceive) TTC
c) Pregnant

Welcome all!

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the new thread, Anne!
    Tagging for later.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918
    Options
    Yes, thanks Anne!!! :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone had a good weekend with some good weather. Unfortunately, my all day morning sickness has come back full swing and that consumed most of my time this weekend :sad: I had to take tylenol and caffeine just to take the edge off a little bit. I hate to do it but it's clearly a last resort.
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. :smile:
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    That stinks Danielle! I don't blame you for the tylenol and caffeine. Anything to feel better!

We went for another walk today, so at least I got three exercise sessions in this week. I've been cleaning the house today too, so that's a little more movement than my normal days. We are going to have an early dinner and go to see Water for Elephants tonight. Read the book and loved it. We tried to go Friday night, but my pregnant butt was too tired and lazy come time for the late showing at 10:10. Hence going to the 7 o'clock showing tonight. Hope everyone has had a nice weekend!
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I read Water for Elephants too, and am excited to see the movie! Just need to find a sitter so we can go. You'll have to post if it was as good as the book!
  • dmdaigle17
    Options
    That stinks Danielle! I don't blame you for the tylenol and caffeine. Anything to feel better!

We went for another walk today, so at least I got three exercise sessions in this week. I've been cleaning the house today too, so that's a little more movement than my normal days. We are going to have an early dinner and go to see Water for Elephants tonight. Read the book and loved it. We tried to go Friday night, but my pregnant butt was too tired and lazy come time for the late showing at 10:10. Hence going to the 7 o'clock showing tonight. Hope everyone has had a nice weekend!

Thanks, Brittony :smile:

I've been wanting to read the book- probably should before I see the movie! Enjoy the movie!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Our nursery still isn't quite done, but we're pretty close. We mainly just need to set some stuff up and repair the water damage on the ceiling (don't worry, we already had the roof repaired! :wink:) and do some touchups on the paint. We also need to find places to store some stuff & get the cradle out of the nursery into our bedroom. We also need to hang up the room darkening shades we bought to put behind the sheer curtains.

Crib: cribcloseup.jpg I haven't decided if there needs to be something on the wall above the crib...
    Wall decorations I made out of sticky glitter foam sheets: elephantsandstars.jpg
    Changing table (with no changing pad yet)/diaper dresser with more stuff I may or may not hang on the walls: changingtablediaperdresser.jpg
    My AWESOME rocking chair: rockingchair.jpg
    The scary closet (yeah, I only have newborn-6 months hung up in there. :noway: & the clothes bar extends about 2 feet to the left of the end of the doorway): closet.jpg
    I haven't decided yet whether or not the stars behind the curtains are overkill: starsbehindcurtains.jpg
    starsbehindcurtainsbigwindow.jpg
  • collinsclan
    collinsclan Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the welcome. I completely understand about the all day nausea. B vitamins daily and ginger 3 or 4 times a day will help some. I had it with my last pregnancy and am having it again with this one. I am hoping that it will go away after this first trimester but it hung around the entire pregnancy last time. I am struggling with eating the right foods because they don't really appeal right now, but I also can't eat the same amount of food as I did just a few months ago. I am looking forward to keeping in touch with all of you on this journey.
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit Mama this time round.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Julie- LOVE THE NURSERY! I really like the paint color. I think my favorite part is that you made all of those little stars and elephants by yourself. So crafty!!

ysamatar- You can do it!

Water for Elephants was good. I cried a couple times. I don't regret going to see it at all, especially since I read the book. I find that I appreciate some movies more after having read the book. Other times having read the book makes me think the movie was super lame in comparison, but this one represented the book well.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    LittleSpy... I LOVE IT!

Welcome to all the new comers!
  • collinsclan
    collinsclan Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    We went out for mexican for our Sunday treat. Didn"t get in our family bike ride because it was rainy, but did both grocery shops and some other errands so I had the calories. I breally enjoyed the fajitas but my goodness is the nausea kicking my behind tonight. I can't sleep, can"t get comfortable and have a nonstop day tomorrow that starts early and ends late with baseball. Is anyone else struggling?
  • dmdaigle17
    Options
    Julie- love the nursery!! The elephants are adorable! Where did you get that chair? It looks so comfy!
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Littlespy: Love the nursery, so crafty. That rocking chair looks super comfy too!

I think I am going to go and watch Water for Elephants next weekend-I am craving movie theater popcorn! I know not the most healthy, but it sounds really good!!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    We went to see Fast 5 tonight. Hubby's pick obviously :happy: I went with because I thought his friend couldn't go and I know he really wanted to see it. I couldn't care either way. I haven't been to the movies in 2 years and wouldn't say this is one I was dying to see. Turns out his friend could make it anyway so I probably would have just stayed home if I knew that. It's too much work to try to keep a 3 yr old quiet during a 2 hour movie. He would only really sit still during the car racing / crashing parts. He loved that! :laugh: Plus he was good the first hour while he gorged on popcorn! I ate a ton today. We took SIL and Bro to outback on the way out of town (I would have picked somewhere cheaper if I knew hubby was going to grab the check for 7! :laugh:) I had the fish, but turns out their soup is 500+ calories for a cup! Wow. Plus I ate popcorn and pop (and the cracker jacks in my purse) at the movie. But I got in about 350 or so extra calories today from... ???... not sure! Apparently just having extra kids around burns a lot more calories! And they all slept until 10! (yes! 2 three yr olds and a 20 mo old slept until 10!!! :happy: :happy:) So I was only over about 200 or 300 even with all that.
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Please excuse me while I vent. We found a stroller we like today... but it is $449. Not including the car seat, which is $209.00.

So, I start searching online... and I realize that the exact same stroller can be purchased at babiesrus.com or in store for $299. (vs. at Babies R Us in Canada) A difference of like $150. I just don't get ! $299 US right now is less than that in CAD. Are wages that much lower in the states guys? Help me out here cause I just don't understand!

So then I am thinking, ok we can just take a Sunday drive and pop down into Idaho or Montana and buy it.... would cost us les than $150 in fuel. (I hope!). But on the store locator they are saying that there are no stores there!

Urghh vent over.

Actually not quite. I found some plus maternity clothes I like on Old Navy.com. I have really been struggling with finding decent clothes at decent prices that i like, that will actually fit me. When I got to the point though when I had to check out, because I had a canadian shipping address my $30 order turned into a $90 order because of "shipping and handling".

I am so sad because the canadian site does not sell maternity wear.

Anyways... now this vent is officially over but I am sad!
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Oh Julie! What a WONDERFUL nursery for your LO!!!! I LOVE the purple you chose, and the brown chair looks so COMFY! GREAT JOB!

ETA: LOVE the changing table, and great idea to put the diaper pail under like that!
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Julie- I love love love the nursery! And the fact that you made the decorations... so cute!

Mel- What is it you use to track your calories burned? I am thinking I should get one of those... it sounds so neat the way it tracks your sleep and and stuff too... do you have to wear it all the time?
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Love the nursery. I never did anything like that for my miss 3 though I wish we had. Done my best for her room as it is but we currently rent so can't paint the walls or anything like that. I have to make do with the canvas pictures I get every now and then.

As for the morning (all day) sickness - with miss 3 I had it all the way through my pregnancy even well into labour. I have the nausea at the moment but the MS/ADS hasn't actually started as yet this time around. I'm hoping when it does that it won't be another 9 month stunt.
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi guys

Little spy : love your nursery and your handmade decorations, how lovely that you are so artistic!

Joonzgirl : that is so unfair that you are being charged more for the same products just by living over a border. Perhaps you could do a day trip or look for a alternative retailer in canada. Do you not know anyone in the us who you could ship to and collect from?

Last day of a four day weekend for us brits today so going to make the most of the lovely weather and perhaps have a bbq, poor dh is exhausted today so I will give him a bit of time for some r&r today :) and pounce on him later ;)