Pregnancy 2011- May

Options

Replies

• brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Woah! 5 times to labor and delivery! My friend went once when it was a false alarm and said it cost them a couple hundred dollars! That is just crazy to me.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I have been so afraid my dr was gonna induce me early. I brought it up so many times and they continue to reassure me, no induction until 10 days after my due date (unless its medically necessary). I cant imagine going to L&D for 2 contractions in 1 hour. If I have anything that feels remotely like labor, I call my midwife practice and they will tell me when to go in (which means like 5 or more in an hour).

BTW Zofran is a wonderfully magic pill that makes me feel ALL better! I should have asked for it alot sooner! And I have actually gotten in 8 glasses of water for 2 days in a row now!
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I usually dream more when I'm preganant than otherwise, but I had my first dream about the baby last night!!! At least it was a good one!!! It was a girl :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: and she was a little bit early, but she was fine. And L&D - it was so easy. Guess I can dream, huh?!?!?:laugh:

Wow!!! There's getting to be a lot of people on here. It's SO fun to read about everyone's experiances! It makes me sad, but I really don't feel like I can respond to everyone all the time. :ohwell: Kudos to those of you that do. You're amazing!!! Potty training an almost two year old isn't making getting anything done any easier!!! :frown:
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Woah! 5 times to labor and delivery! My friend went once when it was a false alarm and said it cost them a couple hundred dollars! That is just crazy to me.

I know she went in twice because she "felt funny". She asked me what was wrong and I told her nothing, you're pregnant. But she went in anyway just to make sure, once it was round ligament pain and the other time it was indigestion. The third time was because she fell down the steps at her house, so that is legitimate, I would have went in for that too, just to be sure. The fourth time she went in by ambulance the day after she fell down the stairs because her tailbone hurt. Of course your tailbone hurts, you fell down the stairs.....

It doesn't cost her a penny, she is on state funded insurance. She has had 4 ultrasounds, not including the ones she's had at the hospital, and she hasn't had to pay 1 red cent for anything.

I think part of the problem is that her husband doesn't pay any attention to her. I think she is trying to make him give her attention. I know that at least 2 of the times she went to the hospital he didn't go up there. I think she knows that when she goes in like this she will at least get attention from the people around her even if her husband doesn't care.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Lynn – wow, 34 weeks pregnant and she’s hoping the baby will come today? And if she’s rushing to the hospital for 2 contractions in one hour, I can’t imagine how she’s going to react when real labor starts.

Julie – I’m trying so hard to stay away from the sodium but it’s my downfall. I woke up late today and didn’t pack my lunch last night so I ended up with a can of soup. Granted it is “heat healthy reduced sodium”, but still……

Hkystar – glad you’re feeling better!

I’ve lost count of how many people told me I look tired in the past few days. I already know I do, but it is really necessary to point it out? Finally one of the supervisors stopped me today and that I look wonderful and that she wished she looked like me when she was pregnant. I need more people like her in my life. :laugh:
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options

I know she went in twice because she "felt funny". She asked me what was wrong and I told her nothing, you're pregnant. But she went in anyway just to make sure, once it was round ligament pain and the other time it was indigestion. The third time was because she fell down the steps at her house, so that is legitimate, I would have went in for that too, just to be sure. The fourth time she went in by ambulance the day after she fell down the stairs because her tailbone hurt. Of course your tailbone hurts, you fell down the stairs.....

It doesn't cost her a penny, she is on state funded insurance. She has had 4 ultrasounds, not including the ones she's had at the hospital, and she hasn't had to pay 1 red cent for anything.

I think part of the problem is that her husband doesn't pay any attention to her. I think she is trying to make him give her attention. I know that at least 2 of the times she went to the hospital he didn't go up there. I think she knows that when she goes in like this she will at least get attention from the people around her even if her husband doesn't care.

OK!!! Sorry. I feel like going on a rant now!!! Doesn't this poor lady realize that it's people like me that, in a round about way, are paying for all her ER visits and ultrasounds!!! We don't have insurance and choose to pay our own way instead of taking money from the goverment. Money they don't even have, by the way!!! It's our taxes - those things that we pay once a year that keep us strapped for cash the rest of the year - that are helping to pay for all her little attention getting antics. Nothing in this world is actually free folks. Somebody out there is paying for it!!!
  • ceedee76
    ceedee76 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello everyone! Love this thread. I will be TTC next month, but want to get to my goal weight before than. I hope I reach it. Congrats to all the preggers ladies! It appears that all of you are having girls. Is anyone having a boy?
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Whoa I had the craziest dream last night,
    Me and my Grandma and then later my sister were captured by a serial killer and I managed to first rescue my Grandma and take her home, then he killed a doctor in the house where we were being held. Finally I escaped and found some cops and the serial killer fled and I went back to find my sister and she was OK but barely alive. It was super vivid and scary and very detailed. He evn made us wear strange old fashioned clothes. Creeepppy.

Question for you all who are further along or not 1st time moms:
    When did you get a visible bump ? I've got nothing yet, just a small firm area that I can only feel when flat on my back. I want my bump already !!!!:happy:
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi Ceedee,
    Hope you make it back here very soon !!
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Helloo Ladies!

I hope you are all well and having a wonderful day. I need your input please I have a personal trainer once a week and I informed her that I'm expecting and wanted to take off and use her skill after the baby is born, but she said I could continue training while pregnant is it ok to continue? I think it will make more sense after the baby is born, and I could safe the money for later session.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    When did you get a visible bump ? I've got nothing yet, just a small firm area that I can only feel when flat on my back. I want my bump already !!!!:happy:

I didnt start to look like I was eevn remotely pregnant until after 20 weeks. And even after that its been mostly just looking fat and not really pregnant. This week I seemed to have REALLY popped though and now really looke pregnant (and thats at almost 31 weeks).

As far as the trainer, I guess its up to you. I havent had the energy to do my pre-preggo work outs since week 5 or 6. So for me, I would put it on hold.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

I started to show a little at 17 weeks.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Mel- I am glad your apt. went well. I was excited because the hospital (I almost typed hotel) that I am delivering in has awesome rooms. You labor and recover in the same room.

Renee- My house actually IS so dirty due to the power outage. CLEAN CLEAN for me today!

Meokk- Let me know how the swim suit works out! I will need one that works for me at like 7 months. I think that my bump was visible about 19 weeks but I really popped out like 23 weeks.

Rachael- you massage sounds amazing.

Jalara- Hi :)

Rachel- I am sorry you are having such a hard time with the weight gain. So far I haven’t felt bad about how other people see me but I am starting to get frustrated with it being in the way. I am the heaviest that I have ever been so it feels different that’s for sure. I know that I feel worse when I eat unhealthy (as I sit here eating a cupcake) can your hubby help you to eat better so that at least it may help you feel better about yourself?

Danielle- I hope the house works out for you!

Carina- Can’t wait till you get back to us… but don’t you leave us totally! I expect to see you popping in!

Ron- That’s great! Weight and pregnancy is so weird.

Lynn- that’s crazy. I know that I will want my baby to be out probably as time goes on but not REALLY… I want her cooking as long as possible (or needed)

Hkystar- SO GLAD the meds are working for you! They didn’t help me before but I may try again.

Regina- I can imagine you are busy with a 2 year old :)

Ceedee- welcome! There are a couple of boys around here!

Ysamatar- I think you can continue training while pregnant. Its encouraged to do as much as possible because it helps your muscles for L and D but for me I have had to scale things down big times because of getting sick.

AFM: Well when I get off work today I will be cleaning out my fridge and starting over. I guess that’s an excuse to get some healthy snacks… I started eating a cupcake as I was writing this and threw it away when I got to half because I kept thinking… I don’t NEED this… ½ is good. One of my students got a scholarship that pays for her to go to any school she can get into… full tuition, room and board, books, monthly living stipend, and a laptop. We had her celebration today and she got to invite 5 teachers and she picked me. It was sweet to hear her speech and made me love my job.(I almost cried… pregnancy hormones hah). I slept poorly last night and woke up not feeling too good. I think ligament pain.

wow that got long! by the way... still no cable or internet so I will be only on the ipad after work still.
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I swear that I get asked at least 4 times a day "How you feeling????" And sometimes it's twice by the same person :noway:
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that people are interested and I suppose there isn't much else to say but it can get a little redundant.
    If you want to make a joke, when they ask you, bend over pretending to be in pain, and cry, "oh no! Its time!" wouldn't hurt to "spill" some water on their shoes" ROFL!!! ;)
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your baby dust and well wishes. You're awesome.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Ahh, I am finally expirencing the itchy belly that many of you have mentioned on here! Let's just say I am not a fan. :tongue: I just want to sit here and scratch!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    meokk -- I've had mostly unpleasant dreams since becoming pregnant (like, seriously since the day implantation happened!) Is it creepy that I know when implantation occurred? :laugh: Anyway, it happened on Halloween and I started having insane nightmarish type dreams that night. I thought I had watched too many horror movies over the last week. But nope, the nightmares continue. Nightmares were my first real pregnancy symptom, I think! Crazy. Oh, and apparently I still don't look pregnant to other peole. :indifferent: But my pants stopped fitting around 15 weeks or so and I started seeing a pretty noticeable bump around 17 weeks or so (my supervisor commented on it at that time, too).

Ceedee -- Welcome! And good luck TTC! Lynn's having a boy. And... Wow, is she the only one left as far as we know right now? But we just had a couple of boys born over the last month. Those ladies are in the post-partum group now. :smile: Haha, Megan was the only other one with a girl when I found out 14 weeks ago! Now almost all of us are expecting girls.

ysamatar -- It's perfectly fine (and ecouraged!) to continue exercising while you're pregnant (as long as you're not having complications). But personally, I'd save the money for after. The reason is you probably shouldn't be PUSHING yourself during pregnancy. And, for me, that extra push right when I'd normally give up would be the only reason I'd want a personal trainer around, you know? Even if you decided to put the personal trainer on hold, you should still be exercising. :wink:

Anne -- Yikes on cleaning out a fridge that has been without power for nearly a week. :noway: Great job with the cupcake! We had a catered lunch today at work and I started eating the banana pudding on my plate & realize I didn't even like it. I hate wasting food, but me being fatter isn't going to make someone else less hungry. :ohwell:

Lynn -- Sorry you're getting all the "How're you feelings?" No one cares how I'm feeling since I'm just fat. :laugh: :wink:

Work just won't quit for me this week. I'm going to have a stack on my desk a mile high. Our director decided he wanted to offer all of our full-time temp employees a permanent position. That's awesome that he wants all of our employees to have access to insurance and paid leave, but OMG there's so many of them and so much we have to do to make it happen ASAP like he wants. I have another orientation for 17 people this afternoon. I'm supposed to do in 1.75 hours what it normally takes 4-5 hours to get through and I'm exhausted before even starting. :laugh:

I did sleep a bit better last night. I ditched my body pillow and one of the memory foam mattress toppers. Over the last few nights, whenever I do finally go to sleep, I keep waking up almost lying on my stomach & it worries me. I know she's all protected by fluid & stuff but still. I also swear the girl has gotten herself turned feet down again. I was certain she was head down just a couple days ago but I felt kicks low down again last night. I'm feeling hiccups low down right now, though, so maybe I should just stop convincing myself she's one way or another since I really have no idea. :laugh:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Mamarandall - I had to laugh at the message on your ticker :laugh: :laugh:

I swear that I get asked at least 4 times a day "How you feeling????" And sometimes it's twice by the same person :noway:

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that people are interested and I suppose there isn't much else to say but it can get a little redundant.
    :laugh: Every time someone asks me how I am I say "Fat." The reactions are priceless :happy:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Ceedee76 – welcome and good luck TTC! I’m still not sure if I’m having a boy or a girl, I find out in 12 days!!! :bigsmile:

Meokk – I just started to show within the past week or so. My pants started getting uncomfortable weeks before that, but I just looked like I was gaining weight.

Ysamatar – like others said you can continue to do everything you were doing pre-pregnancy as long as you’re not considered high risk. I was constantly tired/dizzy/nauseous in the beginning so I wasn’t able to keep up with my pre-pregnancy routine.

AnneElise – good job on the cupcake! Surprisingly I was able to bring the cake home to hubby yesterday and was satisfied with only a small bite. Good for your student! That’s sweet you were one of the teachers she picked, I’m sure it’s those moments that make your job worthwhile.

Julie – I get really worried if I slip off my pillow and lay on my stomach too. My mom said even after her pregnancies were over she wasn’t able to sleep on her stomach – I hope that doesn’t happen to me.

Mel – ha!! :laugh: :laugh: That’s funny. I’m going to have to try that one day.

55 more minutes at work….for some reason the day is taking FOREVER today. It’s not like I don’t have stuff to keep me occupied, but my motivation disappeared around lunch time. :ohwell:
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Guess who got sent home because they're not in labor?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Just sayin! :tongue:

Regina - I get VERY upset about it too, especially when I see all of the taxes taken out of my check every week, knowing that they are going towards her foolishness.

AnneElise - So happy for your student, what a great opportunity! And way to go on stopping at 1/2 a cupcake :happy:

Julie - You crack me up :laugh: Even though Josh is head down, I still feel more movement down lower. Sometimes I swear I feel him turning his head from side to side. At the top I mostly feel a smooth ball/edge so I'm guessing it's his butt and his hip or knee. Maybe they are too cramped now to make such forceful kicks, so we are just feelings more of the little hand movements? And then of course the giant alien like shifts :noway:

Mel - I've given the answer "I feel large..." and people are usually pretty agreeable :laugh: :laugh: