Pregnancy 2011- May

Options

Replies

• brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I wanted to catch up and reply more, but didn't end up getting home from work til 8. We had a quick dinner and it was on to organizing the HUGE box of baby clothes my husband's co-worker gave him. This box was full of quality items, many of which still had tags on. I've got huge piles of 0-3, 3-6, 6-9, and 12 month clothes. That doesn't even include the bibs, hooded towels, teeny tiny shoes, and hats. So excited! Our living room looks like a war zone right now. I just wanted to rave about it, because I had a really stressful day and needed a pick-me-up. Now I'm seriously tired and need to get my hubby (who has already fallen asleep) off the couch and to bed... unless I just left him there so I could have the whole bed to myself... hehe.

P.S. Can I just say that I am so proud of myself for working out three days in a row this week. It's only Wednesday and I only need to work out one more day to meet our challenge! Maybe I'll surpass it this week!

Hope everyone gets a good night's sleep!
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for your input, it makes me feel that you are all my sisters.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Way to go Brittony! I was sitting here thinking I am such a bum because I haven't worked out once yet this week. I keep planning to, and then life happens, I get home too late and I am just tired. I know excuses, but way to go on your end you are doing great!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Rachel- I really don't know a lot about computers :noway:

Brittony- Amazing on the clothes and the exercise! My work out week has been terrible, I need to get back on the ball.

Rachael- I am having the same exercise week as you AND my family comes in tonight sooooo probably this weekend will be bad as well!

Meokk- Ahh that makes sense. Sorry you have to do it twice.... BUT thankfully the first time went well!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Feeling better today, probably because i slept much better than usual last night.

Random question- what does everyone think about anti-virus software? Is it really needed? My new laptop came with a free trial.. but I am hesitant to pay a bunch of money for a subscription!

It's needed. But you do NOT need to pay for it! There are a few free ones that work very well. I'm a computer idiot about stuff like that but hubby is a computer/electronics genius. I'll ask him what he recommends and get back with you. I want to say it's AdAware. I know that's a program but I could be making up the part about him recommending it. :laugh:
    I'll let you know when he responds to my text.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Had a good doctor appointment today, baby’s heartbeat is in the 150 to 160 range which she said is normal (I never get tired of hearing it:bigsmile: :happy: ). According to my scale at home I was up 4.1 from last visit, the doctors’ scale said I was up 5.3, which I think is pretty accurate since at home I weigh with no clothes and before eating. Too bad I’m not allowed to strip before I get on the scale. :laugh: So I’m up a total of 13 pounds this pregnancy, I’ll be happy if I can keep it under 40.

I’ll catch up on all the other posts in a bit – now I have to try to get some work done!
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Renee - The most common thing I've read and been told in regards to when you are actually in labor, is that your contractions develop a pattern where they become longer, stronger, and closer together. If you are having contractions and you change your activity and the contractions change their pattern (shorter, further apart, stop altogether), you may not be in labor. I think the most important thing to do is relax, keep track of them, and give it some time before you rush to do anything. Sheri (she's moved onto the post-natal thread) was having back labor for over a week before she went into active labor. Of course there are other signs of labor and I'm certainly no expert, I've never actually been in labor :laugh: :laugh: but I think as long as you listen to your body you will know when it is time.

pmaria - Awesome news on passing the glucose test, good job!

Autty - The lady with twins sounds a lot like my friend. After they sent her home lastnight she text me to tell me aaaaallll about it. So I asked her, you don't want him to come now, do you? And she said, well my Dr. said he would be fine if he did. I said, yes he will be fine as in he will live, but his lungs are still developing and he's still putting on weight in there. She said, WELL my hips hurt, my crotch is sore, my stomach is so stretched out, I can barely walk (yet you drove yourself to the hospital when you you were "in labor"), and I'm just ready to be done with it all and have him here. I just quit talking to her at this point because I know that what I was gonna say would not cause it to end well.

Yvonne - Good luck on losing those last 10 lbs!

Julie - My husband and I split a can of mountain dew when we were at the wrestling tournament. I had skipped my morning coffee which is about the same as the whole can of pop that we split. I could feel the eyes piercing through me as though I was shooting up heroin, knockin back a forty, and hitting a crackpipe all at the same time. Baby Josh certainly enjoyed it though, I swear his moves were just as impressive as some of the wrestlers :laugh:

AnneElise - For as much as you throw up, you deserve that bowl of ice cream. Hope it comes to an end at some point!

Rachel - Glad that you are feeling better. I don't know much about computers, but I do know that our desktop at home didn't have antivirus, and it now has lots of viruses! (is that even a word?) It might depend on what you do on there as to what your odds are of getting one. My husband downloads all kinds of (REALLY STUPID!) games, movies, basically anything that could potentially have a virus, he's gonna download it.

Brittony - Yay for getting some awesome clothes! My cousin had a boy in November and she is saving all of his stuff for Josh. And yes, you can absolutely say that you are proud of yourself, way to go!!! You are doing a great job!
  • LynnW52
    Options
    Had a good doctor appointment today, baby’s heartbeat is in the 150 to 160 range which she said is normal (I never get tired of hearing it:bigsmile: :happy: ). According to my scale at home I was up 4.1 from last visit, the doctors’ scale said I was up 5.3, which I think is pretty accurate since at home I weigh with no clothes and before eating. Too bad I’m not allowed to strip before I get on the scale. :laugh: So I’m up a total of 13 pounds this pregnancy, I’ll be happy if I can keep it under 40.

So glad that your appointment went well! I never get sick of hearing Josh's heartbeat either :love:

Have they scheduled your gender ultrasound yet? Do you have a feeling on what you're having?

My Dr's scale is always slightly more evil than mine :devil:
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Haven't hear from my Doctor yet since my ultrasound she hasn't even checked me she came in a talked to me the day I when to find out I was pregnant and that was it. Hopeful will hear something today. Will keep all my new friends posted. :bigsmile:
  • JKilty
    JKilty Posts: 75
    Options
    I enjoyed reading everyone's posts! But I don't have time to respond! So sorry!

My Dr's appt went well yesterday :smile: We got to hear the heartbeat again..which is always fun! I ran out of Zofran last week (long story...I cried in Walmart...) and my insurance wouldn't refill it until Sunday...:grumble: What I had was 30 pills where I could take one pill three times daily as needed...I averaged about two a day and ran out. So after a several days of really being sick, my Dr gave me a perscription for a higher dosage of Zofran and she said that a lot of times that works. They did refill it so I'm a happy girl now! I think it's so stupid that you have to play games with an insurance company just to get what you need..but oh well! Now I know better!

If I am not able to get back on here until after Sunday...Happy Mother's Day to all of you!!
  • JKilty
    JKilty Posts: 75
    Options
    OH AND I scheduled my ultrasound where I find out the gender! Its in 7 weeks and I'm sooo excited, I can't wait!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Feeling better today, probably because i slept much better than usual last night.

Random question- what does everyone think about anti-virus software? Is it really needed? My new laptop came with a free trial.. but I am hesitant to pay a bunch of money for a subscription!

It's needed. But you do NOT need to pay for it! There are a few free ones that work very well. I'm a computer idiot about stuff like that but hubby is a computer/electronics genius. I'll ask him what he recommends and get back with you. I want to say it's AdAware. I know that's a program but I could be making up the part about him recommending it. :laugh:
    I'll let you know when he responds to my text.

Yep, I was making up that he recommends Adaware.

He recommends AVG Free & keeping windows updated. If you don't use Windows, then there isn't a huge threat so you probably don't need anti-virus software. He says if you're going to pay for one, Kaspersky is supposed to be super good.

For computer idiot me, he makes sure I keep Windows updated & tells me how stupid I am when I do stupid things. :laugh: I'm pretty much banned from downloading anything to my own laptop at this point. :tongue: (And I think I know a lot more about what not to do than a lot of people)
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Yvonnewilke – welcome!

Julie – I think I might cry if I felt my LO stand up and flip over! :laugh:

Meokk – my doctor had me do the gestational diabetes test around 9 weeks. I’m not sure why, I’ve never had a problem with my sugar and I was only 6 pounds above a “normal” weight when I got pregnant. Thankfully I passed, but I do have to get another one around 28 weeks.

AnneElise – I’m sorry you got sick again. I think you deserved the ice cream after all that.

Rachel – glad you’re feeling better. I think anti-virus is a must but I’m sure you can get it for free somewhere. I’m a computer idiot, so my husband takes care of all that.

Brittony – yea for the clothes and exercise!!

Lynn – my gender ultrasound is on the 16th!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I can’t wait!! I feel like I’m having a girl, but I’ll be happy either way though. If it turns out to be a boy I think I’ll pout for half a second then I’ll be fine. :laugh:

Stacy – I guess no news is good news? I figure if there’s a problem you would have been contacted right away.

Jenna – glad everything is going well so far.

I’m super hungry today. I was up earlier than normal for my appointment so I ate breakfast a good hour and a half before I usually do. It completely threw me off……an hour and 7 minutes until lunch. But who’s counting? :laugh:
  • LynnW52
    Options
    Hey Danielle - is today the slowest Thursday in history?? :wink: What time is your ultrasound tomorrow?
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Ron- Great on the Dr. Apt. I love hearing the heartbeat too! 13 lbs at 28 weeks isn’t too bad. I think 40 is a doable goal for you.

Lynn- ha I know I deserve some ice cream but the GIANT bowl I ate probably isn’t the best for me when I have done no exercise this week.

Stacy- I would say no news is good news as well! Keep us posted!

Jenna- I remember waiting for my gender US. It’s so exciting! I am glad you got your zofran back!

Danielle- I second Lynn’s comment, I can’t wait to hear!

AFM: My little brother flies in tonight and my sister tomorrow! I am so excited for the weekend! So I had a shower in MI and I was going to have one here with my friends in June. So come to find out my students are throwing me one and the teachers are throwing me one! Yikes! Fun!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

AVG Free is a good one. You definitely need something.

Also, check with, say our internet company and see if they offer anything - mine here gives us free MacAfee with our service. Before that I had AVG, just be sure you update it regularly. (this goes for whatever you have - set to auto update or make yourself reminders every couple weeks to run an upgrade patch/download - viruses change so quickly!)

I also have Malware bytes - a free anti malware that works with your antivirus.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Ron -- I was going to guess girl for you too. But of course that guess is just based on the old wives tale about heart rate and of course that's not accurate in any reliable way. My baby's has been 150-165 every time it's been checked.

My belly has commenced rippling. I just noticed it last night for the first time (it could be thanks to the near 200mg of caffeine I had yesterday). I don't have just the kick/punch/elbow movements I can see, I can pretty much see all movement now -- even movements I can't even feel. WEIRD. I didn't expect to be able to see that much until later. It was really bizarre. I laid in the bed and watched her squirm around for an hour last night. How crazy is it going to look and feel in 2 months? I'm mesmerized and blown away by it. I can already tell I'm going to miss feeling her squirm around & beat me up from the inside when she's here.
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    ugh my week is shot was going to go to the gym this am but my husband forgot his lunch and needed me to drive it to him so taking the ability to hit the gym before work.. it sucks.. so idk what to do i guess im going to take a walk on my lunch.. 30 min is good. but still i have to get my weight under controle its soo odd i weighted myself before i went to the docs and i was at 153.2 and then i get to the docs and they say im 160.. wtf?
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    It's Thursday and I have ZERO exercise in this week :grumble:
    Monday I stayed home because hubby was off work and he *****es when I leave to go to the gym when he's home (all we ever end up doing usually is sitting and watching TV...)
    Tuesday I had Dr apts in the morning and a ped apt in the afternoon for my son so I ended up working past 7 and childcare ends at 8.
    yesterday i usually go to spin but hubby *****ed again since he was home and wanted me to help him tear apart the bug in the driveway. I ended up not doing that much in the timeframe that I would have gone to the gym and he ran to the autoparts store then anyway, so i probably could have gone and just "helped" after.
    Today I couldn't go in the morning because I can't be home in time to get my 3 yr old up and to school. MAYBE i can make it this afternoon - we'll see what time I get off of work and if hubby is home by then keeping me from going
    tomorrow morning I have every intention of swimming my mile
    Saturday I can't make spin because I have pancake breakfast tickets- I COULD go eat at 6am... and make it to 8:30 spin... on a full stomach? hmmm.... not sure that's a good idea.
    I think this week might just be a bust - and it doesn't help that so far hubby has brought home - pizza, donuts, cheezy bread, Taco Bell, chinese, and Arbys! WTH?! i wouldn't touch the stuff if it wasn't for him!
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options

AVG Free is a good one. You definitely need something.

Also, check with, say our internet company and see if they offer anything - mine here gives us free MacAfee with our service. Before that I had AVG, just be sure you update it regularly. (this goes for whatever you have - set to auto update or make yourself reminders every couple weeks to run an upgrade patch/download - viruses change so quickly!)

I also have Malware bytes - a free anti malware that works with your antivirus.

I use avast you have to re download it every like 30 days but its free and i use it all the time so does my husband.. so its good