Quit trying to intimidate with big words

Options
__drmerc__
__drmerc__ Posts: 722 Member
I noticed some posters around here are trying to bully others by using big words we/I don't understand. That's not going to work, we are pretty smart and figure things out too

We should all be here to support each other on our journeys

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    This post is ambiguous. Can you elaborate on what constitutes a big word?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I am disinclined to aquiesce to your request.
  • _John_
    Options
    Well, just done eat carbs, then your body is incapable of making fat out of what you eat...
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    _John_ wrote: »

Like one poster here likes to throw around french words like "de novo lipogenesis" to get you to give up your argument

just stop quarreling on the internet and it will be of no concern to you.

• _John_
    Options

What the hell? Do you even lift?

You gotta be stupid to lift?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The internet is one of the few refuges I have left to express the full breadth of my vocabulary.

I was cooking with my daughter and granddaughter the other day and I asked if I could use their "colander". My daughter asked if I could use the other word for it so they could know what I was talking about. Oh yeah, a sieve. Sheesh. So many great words, so few places to use them.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    satans work indeed
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah. So many words, so little time. My head does that more often these days.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Gonna need to see a peer reviewed study to confirm.

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

Like one poster here likes to throw around french words like "de novo lipogenesis" to get you to give up your argument

Ummm... That's not French, it's actually Latin.
  • La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options

Excuse me sir, do you have a problem with French people? Je me comprends pas pourquoi, nous sommes des personnes comme les autres... ;)
  • La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options

Excuse me sir, do you have a problem with French people? Je me comprends pas pourquoi, nous sommes des personnes comme les autres... ;)

Just their attitude and food

Nice...

• JeffMeehan
    JeffMeehan Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Il ne peut pas l'aider. Il est un imbécile!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Gonna need to see a peer reviewed study to confirm.

You didn't already see the study that demonstrates de novo stultogenesis?
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options

Every time I don't know what something is I google. Wish I hadn't.
    The enzymatic pathway for converting dietary carbohydrate (CHO) into fat, or de novo lipogenesis (DNL), is present in humans, whereas the capacity to convert fats into CHO does not exist. Here, the quantitative importance of DNL in humans is reviewed, focusing on the response to increased intake of dietary CHO. Eucaloric replacement of dietary fat by CHO does not induce hepatic DNL to any substantial degree. Similarly, addition of CHO to a mixed diet does not increase hepatic DNL to quantitatively important levels, as long as CHO energy intake remains less than total energy expenditure (TEE). Instead, dietary CHO replaces fat in the whole-body fuel mixture, even in the post-absorptive state. Body fat is thereby accrued, but the pathway of DNL is not traversed; instead, a coordinated set of metabolic adaptations, including resistance of hepatic glucose production to suppression by insulin, occurs that allows CHO oxidation to increase and match CHO intake. Only when CHO energy intake exceeds TEE does DNL in liver or adipose tissue contribute significantly to the whole-body energy economy. It is concluded that DNL is not the pathway of first resort for added dietary CHO, in humans. Under most dietary conditions, the two major macronutrient energy sources (CHO and fat) are therefore not interconvertible currencies; CHO and fat have independent, though interacting, economies and independent regulation. The metabolic mechanisms and physiologic implications of the functional block between CHO and fat in humans are discussed, but require further investigation.