Shakeology question!

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    shlit storm incoming.

noticing lol holy bi*ch fest Lol

why don't you just buy it then and see how it "works"….the rest of us are obviously opinionated idiots….
  • radiatingkayla
    radiatingkayla Posts: 37 Member
    my friend drinks this daily! the chocolate one, she claims it's delicious and helps her IBS!
  • passionately_kate
    passionately_kate Posts: 99 Member
    Oh I won't be selling it. :smile:
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    In.

jfep.gif
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    I have a full package of Vanilla, I honestly can't stand the taste of the vanilla, I've tried Tropical Strawberry and Chocolate and both of these are good, but I would rather eat my calories, so my shakeology just sits. Though I might start using it for my in a hurry gotta grab something, day's. Just till it's gone, for me it's not worth the money because I would rather eat my calories like I said.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    shlit storm incoming.

noticing lol holy bi*ch fest Lol

You seem very mature and well-rounded. Have fun figuring out what an opinion means.

Me ? Immature ? Thank you, I appreciate that very much.

Have a magical day :)
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited November 2014
    I have shakeology. I got it for free actually. It is disgusting if you ask me. A waist of money and I don't understand why anyone would waist $130 monthly on that crap. It has the worse after taste of any shake I have ever had. The entire box is dusty and just sitting there. I should post it on eBay.

Yeah that's my review. It's gross and a waist of money.

Oh and I have vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. 2 thumbs down for all 3.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Enjoy! Good luck.
  • Interesting debate , I guess it depends on the contents and of course the variety
  • jrose1982
    jrose1982 Posts: 366 Member
    Kalikel wrote: »
    jrose1982 wrote: »
    I am thinking of trying Shakeology. Has anyone ever tried it? If so, how did it make you feel? (Healthier? energy? Happier moods? sleep better? etc). I am wanting some NON-sales person review! :smile: Thinking of trying it because I lack energy for working out after work from not sleeping well at night...
    Thinking of combining it with piyo...seems like its a good low inpact workout (High energy intense workouts aren't for me lol) Would love you opinion, thanks!! :smile:

Thanks!!
    Can I get real reviews and not just opinions please? thanks :smile:

You ask for something, get it, then complain? OK.

I noticed you didn't bold this part:
    Has anyone ever tried it?

Not all opinions are equal. In this case, she's clearly looking for opinions from people who've tried it. If you're opinion that it's a waste of money has prevented you from trying it, than you don't have the kind of experienced opinion she's looking for. She could have been more specific on that matter, but it's not that difficult to figure out.

Anyone who hasn't tried it, give it a rest. More than one person spouting that opinion isn't very helpful. (Maybe MFP should consider a Like button, just for this purpose).
    The thing is, very often these same kind of threads are started by very sad, pathetic, low-rent con artists. They ask the question, they give some okay and glowing reviews (under other names) and then anyone who doesn't say, "This is a scam!" will get a message inviting them to try and join a cool group the OP found. And there, they will meet a salesperson who calls themself a "coach" and has sooo many wonderful things to say about these dumb shakes, how they make you lose weight and cure all your physical problems.

I am sure the OP isn't one of those people!! I'm sure she is really considering using this stuff!

But it happens a lot, so people post about how this thing is a scam and a pyramid scheme, so that naive people will at least be warned before plunking down tons of cash for these shakes.

I've never seen that, but I'll take your word for it.
    What I do see a lot, is people post a question, and folks post responses that don't answer the question. They just seem to jump on some little detail that's incidental to what the OP was asking about and in no time at all the poster is on the defensive trying to explain stuff they probably never expected to have to explain. And folks start arguing over the details of somebody's diet that they never asked for help with in the first place. This arguing completely dilutes the answers to the original question. If I get into early on, I'll be the *kitten* that tries to stomp on it (I think I offended some people doing this just the other day, but it was effective.)

I guess we're all just trying to be helpful in one way or another. Thank you for this response.
  • passionately_kate
    passionately_kate Posts: 99 Member
    Noticed that after asking what I thought was a simple question, turned into a lot of angry posts. I'm not replacing a meal, I just figured It'd help me feel internally healthy and possibly give more energy for work outs. I'm starting to see that it depends on the person. I'm not worried about the cost. It's expensive yes, but if I feel like blowing money, I will lol. People will probably have negative comments to that to but I wasn't asking for opinion on cost or anything, I just wanted to see what the people who tried it, thought of it. Did they like it? Did it give them energy? Did it do nothing for them? What they thought after trying it for a bit and if they kept with it and why or quit cuz it wasn't for them and why. I wasn't looking for negative comments. So no need for people to be snippy lol :-P Just wanted people's experience with it :smile:
  • dbmata
    Only way you'll know is if you find out.

Try it for a quarter, and then reassess.
  • KTDNLady
    KTDNLady Posts: 13 Member
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    Can I get real reviews and not just opinions please? thanks :smile:

If you didn't want opinions, you shouldn't have asked for opinions in your first post...

:flowerforyou:

Yes, what's the difference between a real review and an opinion? Aren't they basically the same thing? I'm confused... :\

A review is information from someone who has experienced with a product or activity. An opinion is just what you think with or without having tried it.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Noticed that after asking what I thought was a simple question, turned into a lot of angry posts. I'm not replacing a meal, I just figured It'd help me feel internally healthy and possibly give more energy for work outs. I'm starting to see that it depends on the person. I'm not worried about the cost. It's expensive yes, but if I feel like blowing money, I will lol. People will probably have negative comments to that to but I wasn't asking for opinion on cost or anything, I just wanted to see what the people who tried it, thought of it. Did they like it? Did it give them energy? Did it do nothing for them? What they thought after trying it for a bit and if they kept with it and why or quit cuz it wasn't for them and why. I wasn't looking for negative comments. So no need for people to be snippy lol :-P Just wanted people's experience with it :smile:

If you want to feel better internally healthy, I would suggest eating a well-rounded diet of carbs, protein and fats, drinking a lot of water, getting an adequate amount of sleep and making an effort to move more. Unfortunately, there is nothing in the world that can replace the basics.
  • KTDNLady
    KTDNLady Posts: 13 Member
    I have tried the chocolate and I like it. I've never tried this kind of thing before as I had always been skeptical. I usually make mine with ice, almond milk and a combination of berries. I work near a smoothie place and it tastes just as good as something I would buy there. Some people don't like it apparently, so the only way to find out is to try it. For me, it is an easy way to get nutrients and vitamins I wouldn't normally get. My skin is way better since I started using it.

That is my experience.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    KTDNLady wrote: »
    I have tried the chocolate and I like it. I've never tried this kind of thing before as I had always been skeptical. I usually make mine with ice, almond milk and a combination of berries. I work near a smoothie place and it tastes just as good as something I would buy there. Some people don't like it apparently, so the only way to find out is to try it. For me, it is an easy way to get nutrients and vitamins I wouldn't normally get. My skin is way better since I started using it.

That is my experience.

Can you explain why you wouldn't normally get these nutrients? Or why spending $130/month is a better approach than taking a multi-vitamin.

The reality is that a well-rounded diet will provide 99.9% of people with the nutrients they need.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    PRMinx wrote: »

If you want to feel better internally healthy, I would suggest eating a well-rounded diet of carbs, protein and fats, drinking a lot of water, getting an adequate amount of sleep and making an effort to move more. Unfortunately, there is nothing in the world that can replace the basics.
    Yep this!
    BrettPGH_ wrote: »
    The only people who recommend Shakeology, sell Shakeology.

Oh they'll tell you all sorts of things. That it give you more energy, it tastes great, it boosts metabolism, clears up your skin, improves your sleep, prevents cancer, changes the oil in your car, teaches your kids basic reading skills...

Beachbody salespeople (they aren't coaches) will tell you anything to get you to buy their products. It's all garbage. Use your head and steer clear of it.

Have I tried it? No. I also haven't tried throwing my money in the garbage, I don't have to to know it's a bad idea.
    Pretty much
  • bec_232
    bec_232 Posts: 32 Member
    I tried the chocolate mixed with coconut milk and ice. I didn't like the flavor at all and it didn't agree with me. After drinking 1/2 of the shake I got sick to my stomach and felt horrible the rest of the day. Luckily it was a sample because that stuff is expensive!

For more energy I eat an apple or make a vega one protein smoothie. It's two serves of vegetables, tastes good and boosts energy. You can check it out at myvega.com

Also exercising in the morning helps with energy throughout the day as well.
  • dbmata
    You should try Soylent. It's a whole diet in a shake. You'll free your body.