Shakeology question!

Options

Replies

• Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I dont need to burn my hand on a hot stove to have the "insight" that doing so would be harmful. Anyone who can read an ingredient list can see that Shakeology is overpriced protein powder. But hey, it's your money....
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    review means you've tried it and your experience. Opinion is just someone that is againt it and doesn't have a real insight on it. ^^^

Just ask any user if it about its prop blend and how they know if anything at all in it is in a efficacious dosage for humans. Prepare for crickets
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I noticed you aren't logging your calories on MFP. Try it. It's free and works. No magic involved either.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine did it, but then she got hungry and ate.

She regretted spending the money.

It's a pyramid scheme. After you buy, you'll be encouraged to sell ("coach") and then you really get screwed.

Don't do it!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    I noticed you aren't logging your calories on MFP. Try it. It's free and works. No magic involved either.

QFT
  • jrose1982
    jrose1982 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of trying Shakeology. Has anyone ever tried it? If so, how did it make you feel? (Healthier? energy? Happier moods? sleep better? etc). I am wanting some NON-sales person review! :smile: Thinking of trying it because I lack energy for working out after work from not sleeping well at night...
    Thinking of combining it with piyo...seems like its a good low inpact workout (High energy intense workouts aren't for me lol) Would love you opinion, thanks!! :smile:

Thanks!!
    Can I get real reviews and not just opinions please? thanks :smile:

You ask for something, get it, then complain? OK.

I noticed you didn't bold this part:
    Has anyone ever tried it?

Not all opinions are equal. In this case, she's clearly looking for opinions from people who've tried it. If you're opinion that it's a waste of money has prevented you from trying it, than you don't have the kind of experienced opinion she's looking for. She could have been more specific on that matter, but it's not that difficult to figure out.

Anyone who hasn't tried it, give it a rest. More than one person spouting that opinion isn't very helpful. (Maybe MFP should consider a Like button, just for this purpose).
  • passionately_kate
    passionately_kate Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I do weight watchers so no, I don't log on here.
  • passionately_kate
    Options
    thanks to those who gave reviews, bad or good but I liked the reviews on people who said they tried it and either liked or hated it. that's what I'm looking for... people who tried it and how they liked or didn't like it. :smile: appreciated!
  • FitLadyDi
    FitLadyDi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    All things being equal, I am a great fan of shakeology, BUT the financial burden stressed me out. I looked for a cheaper alternative (because I am a BIG fan of smoothies as a meal, since I am a lazy cook)and am currently using Toppfast meal replacement shake mix-the vanilla-but I add fruits, oats, spinach, yogurt, different stuff depending on my mood. I'm looking forward to trying the chocolate soon, as I am a BIG fan of PB2 and a banana in a chocolate smoothie. I am very satisfied with Toppfast, I feel full for an extended period of time, and feel like it provides plenty of nutritional value. Good luck!
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Runs and hides ..
  • passionately_kate
    Options
    thanks fitlady :smile:
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    thanks fitlady :smile:

So you thank the person that told you what most of the others told you ... that it's an overpriced shake. Illogical on your part. Of course, so is asking on MFP (a program you don't use) about a Beachbody product (part of a full plan if you follow their concept) you want to use in lieu of Weight Watchers that you claim you're following.

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I just did a search and found some reviews from 2013.

Feel free to do some more searches on your own. You will eventually find what you want to hear.

Like the others, I recommend saving your money. This powdery stuff is so spendy. Real food is cheaper and tastes better.

Invest in yourself by learning about nutrition and moving your body.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/16670587#Comment_16670587
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    It really didn't do anything for me. I thought it tasted ok. I drank it for a midday snack. My daughter said it made her finger nails strong and she has thought about drinking it again for that reason. My sister tried it and said it upset her stomach and that it tasted chalky.
  • passionately_kate
    Options
    ya for sure. I think I'll just do the work out then. I just figured maybe it'd help working out giving energy n all that jazz. I wasn't going to use it as a meal replacement
  • Kalikel
    Options
    jrose1982 wrote: »
    I am thinking of trying Shakeology. Has anyone ever tried it? If so, how did it make you feel? (Healthier? energy? Happier moods? sleep better? etc). I am wanting some NON-sales person review! :smile: Thinking of trying it because I lack energy for working out after work from not sleeping well at night...
    Thinking of combining it with piyo...seems like its a good low inpact workout (High energy intense workouts aren't for me lol) Would love you opinion, thanks!! :smile:

Thanks!!
    Can I get real reviews and not just opinions please? thanks :smile:

You ask for something, get it, then complain? OK.

Not all opinions are equal. In this case, she's clearly looking for opinions from people who've tried it. If you're opinion that it's a waste of money has prevented you from trying it, than you don't have the kind of experienced opinion she's looking for. She could have been more specific on that matter, but it's not that difficult to figure out.

Anyone who hasn't tried it, give it a rest. More than one person spouting that opinion isn't very helpful. (Maybe MFP should consider a Like button, just for this purpose).
    The thing is, very often these same kind of threads are started by very sad, pathetic, low-rent con artists. They ask the question, they give some okay and glowing reviews (under other names) and then anyone who doesn't say, "This is a scam!" will get a message inviting them to try and join a cool group the OP found. And there, they will meet a salesperson who calls themself a "coach" and has sooo many wonderful things to say about these dumb shakes, how they make you lose weight and cure all your physical problems.

I am sure the OP isn't one of those people!! I'm sure she is really considering using this stuff!

But it happens a lot, so people post about how this thing is a scam and a pyramid scheme, so that naive people will at least be warned before plunking down tons of cash for these shakes.

• passionately_kate
    edited November 2014
    Options

Anyone who hasn't tried it, give it a rest. More than one person spouting that opinion isn't very helpful. (Maybe MFP should consider a Like button, just for this purpose). The thing is, very often these same kind of threads are started by very sad, pathetic, low-rent con artists. They ask the question, they give some okay and glowing reviews (under other names) and then anyone who doesn't say, "This is a scam!" will get a message inviting them to try and join a cool group the OP found. And there, they will meet a salesperson who calls themself a "coach" and has sooo many wonderful things to say about these dumb shakes, how they make you lose weight and cure all your physical problems.

I am sure the OP isn't one of those people!! I'm sure she is really considering using this stuff!

But it happens a lot, so people post about how this thing is a scam and a pyramid scheme, so that naive people will at least be warned before plunking down tons of cash for these shakes.

Thank you!!! Exactly! I am considering trying it. I didn't know about the scam thing about people asking them to do it or what ever. I just wanted peoples reviews who have tried it. how they liked or didn't like it before I decide to try it.... thanks :smile:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    over priced garbage…

if you lack energy from lack of sleep, then I suggest you find a way to sleep better…

I am sure some shakeology zealot will try to tell you it will help you sleep better….
  • Kalikel
    Options

The thing is, very often these same kind of threads are started by very sad, pathetic, low-rent con artists. They ask the question, they give some okay and glowing reviews (under other names) and then anyone who doesn't say, "This is a scam!" will get a message inviting them to try and join a cool group the OP found. And there, they will meet a salesperson who calls themself a "coach" and has sooo many wonderful things to say about these dumb shakes, how they make you lose weight and cure all your physical problems.

Thank you!!! Exactly! I am considering trying it. I didn't know about the scam thing about people asking them to do it or what ever. I just wanted peoples reviews who have tried it. how they liked or didn't like it before I decide to try it.... thanks :smile:
    If you buy it, whatever you do, don't get involved with selling it. And believe me, whoever sells it to you - and behaves like they're your best new bud - will be wanting you to sell it. That's how pyramid schemes work.

Just beware. :)