12lbs by Christmas!!

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    So is that all we have to do is say "I'm in!" and we'll lose 12 pounds by Christmas.

Awesome.

I'm in.
  • cloieclo
    cloieclo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    Anyone feel free to send friend request if you want to join me on the journey :)
  • sjbctal
    sjbctal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    im in.. a week late but sure why not!!!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I take back my "I'm in". I'm going to wait until Christmas Eve. That way I can eat all the food between now and then. Then BAM! Wake up at goal weight Christmas morning.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You've got buckleys unless you are massively overweight. You all on a fools mission.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Sbrewer30 wrote: »
    12lbs by Christmas!!

12 pounds more or 12 pounds less. My decision depends on the answer.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I could certainly gain 12 lbs by Christmas. Lose? No, thanks.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    so y'all know that there's only 36 days till Christmas

and dependent on weight to lose you really should be aiming for anywhere from 0.5 to 2lbs per week

by my calculations that's somewhere between 2.5 - 10lbs as a sensible target, bearing in mind that weight loss ain't linear

good luck on your journeys - don't set yourselves up to fail though

<edited to remove my idiocy as pointed out below>

tumblr_mgzx0ykc8a1s3hileo1_400.gif

Okay thanks a lot for the math lesson. I for one am IN! I'll just kick off my heavy boots right at the last minute on christmas eve for one lb each and BAM! goal weight!

Now lets make a song... The Twelve Pounds of Christmas!

"On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me..."
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Sbrewer30 wrote: »
    12lbs by Christmas!!

12 pounds more or 12 pounds less. My decision depends on the answer.

Mine, too.

• slimandsmiling
    slimandsmiling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    can I just ask .. I would love to lose 12lbs by xmas .. but how do you do it without not eating.. x.. I'm currently fasting 2 days a week (still eating some but lower cal.count) I don't think I can do more than streamline what I am doing..x.. does anyone have any ideas?
  • Lauralaura83
    Options
    I'm a bit late but I'm in!
  • In!!
  • kufahlaatc123
    kufahlaatc123 Posts: 61 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm in. I set this goal for myself almost 2 weeks ago. My first weigh in scheduled for tomorrow.
  • klolittles
    klolittles Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    IN :)
  • Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    why not i'm in
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me...a raspberry ketone in a tree!
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    can I just ask .. I would love to lose 12lbs by xmas .. but how do you do it without not eating.. x.. I'm currently fasting 2 days a week (still eating some but lower cal.count) I don't think I can do more than streamline what I am doing..x.. does anyone have any ideas?

oh honey, PLEASE don't try to set your goals on something as extreme as this. In general, you shouldn't compare your progress/goals to ANYTHING anyone posts in the "getting started" section. Most of these 5 pages of people probably won't even still be here come Christmas.

Find yourself a few friends who have lost a LOT and have kept it off for a good long while, or who have been having slow but steady weight loss over a period of many months or years, and compare yourself to them. They are modeling the long term successful behavior we should all want.

PLEASE don't make yourself feel like a failure if you don't meant some crash diet-esque kind of goal.

I'm sure a lot of people who have posted here probably realize that 12 lbs by Christmas (not matter the starting date as the first day of the thread or not) is a lofty goal. Those of us who are obese like me I'm sure can do it. Heck I could do it from today. But we all need to remember losing it too fast can come at a high price, and the less you have to lose the easier it is to reach "too fast".

I think a lot of people do well to set lofty goals knowing they probably won't achieve them but aiming high works for them. Others do better to set realistic attainable goals that they should surely reach. It's important for us all to figure out what motivates us and not tank our efforts by trying to be too much like somebody else.

No matter what I'd hope we all agree it's not worth losing muscle just to see the stupid scale go down. Best of luck to everyone on their goals!

Lastly if just saying "I'm in!" works well the HECK YEAH!! I'M IN!!!
  • Shalvia62
    Options
    My gym is doing the 12 Pounds of Christmas, started Oct 25th and down 8.5 pounds so far :)
  • nikiramirez
    Options
    Gotta have goals, I'm in :) Not sure I can do 12 lbs by x-mas, but hey - don't know until you try!
  • Stacy_Merrell
    Stacy_Merrell Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in, what are challenges, etc. is this just going to be a chat and update site our specific weekly challenges?