My One Day Snickers Bar Story

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    jmapes9 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the wonderful pics and gifs, y'all. These are awesome.
    B)
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Finally someone that gets it! I've maintained a 100 pound loss for 7-8 years now and I always say everything in moderation. I have one cheat day a week but mostly it is a cheat meal and that day I don't log my calories, every other day of the week is on point! I know who never veer from their plan until they do and it ends up being a full on binge. Deny yourself anything you really want for too long and a binge is very likely. As for the giant Snickers, I saw these the other day and thought OMG that thing is huge LOL That much sugar and I'd be bouncing off the walls. Congrats on the amazing loss and keeping it off :D
  • LJDaye
    LJDaye Posts: 69
    This story just made my day! Thanks for posting!
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Nine Snickers does nothing for me, but here's a gif.
    3xq3ommkcr10.gif

p.s. - nine dark chocolate truffles...now that's another story.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    I want to do this with Wunderbars or Crispy Crunches.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Love this! A Twix or a Ferrero Rocher diet would be my dream.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    This just made my day! I'm convinced snickers bars and arby's sauce are going to be like currency in the zombie apocalypse :)
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Of all the candy bars out there, Snickers is hardly my favorite. The only reason I chose it, is because I had mentioned doing this with that Snickers Slice n' Share I saw that day at the party.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Lol, wow. I don't think I could have done it. For what it's worth, it doesn't make me feel any different when I eat more 'junk' than usual.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Of all the candy bars out there, Snickers is hardly my favorite. The only reason I chose it, is because I had mentioned doing this with that Snickers Slice n' Share I saw that day at the party.

It's my favorite. By a landslide. Followed far behind by Payday, Kit Kat, Reese's, and Peanut M&M's.
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    So completely awesome!!! Loved reading this :smile:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    catceol wrote: »
    There is this thing called the "mono" diet. Lots of people with eating disorders do it. You eat one food (e.g. a snickers bar or plan choc or peanut butter or nutella or whatever) for some reason you loose weight when you do this. Dramatic amounts. But, you get ill. The amount you lost is parallel to what the girls lost. Mono is extremely dangerous. The reason you were losing weight is to do with your body not being able to digest. Thats one day without all those glorious nutrients you need.

Cool experiment but, if you want to continue this for weight loss purposes: don't.

b9bbc3b6c9bfc3302e08e55868bf784cbbedc8db3c9af1bddefe78b867d20821.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

so now we need to know... what IS your favorite candy bar out there?
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    so now we need to know... what IS your favorite candy bar out there?
    Probably Whatchamacallit or Kit Kats, I suppose.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I vote Whatchamacallit.

mostly because I don't care for kits kats myself- but I shouldn't be so narcissistic- this isn't about me.

regardless- Whatchamacallit for the win.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    I've had plenty of days where my entire diet consisted of swiss rolls and ice cream. So I guess the Snickers Bar experiment, done for only one day, doesn't impress me much. How is that much different than somebody spending a day eating nothing but other similar "junk" food?

Now if he did a four week experiment, tracking weight, blood sugar, cholesterol, etc and posted the before and after results that would be very interesting to witness.