What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    my skin is clearer and hydrated due to the healthier foods and lots of water.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    A few days ago at the gym I was using the treadmill next to a guy who turned out to be a Marine who had been injured in Iraq, spent a month in the hospital, a month in a wheelchair, then 2 months on crutches & a walker...
    yet he was running most of the hour at 6 mph & went up to 9 mph for the last couple minutes!

So I asked him how long it took him to work up to that (which is when he told me about being injured).
    He was motivational & inspirational, gave me some tips & advice, and last night I decided to try jogging intervals.

I set the treadmill to switch between a brisk walk & slow jog, then did 40 minutes of jogging 30 sec & walking 90 sec.

I've never jogged before, because I've always been too heavy. Didn't want to bounce (mostly my chest), didn't want the stress on my leg joints, wasn't fit enough.
    But last night I did it! :smiley::sweat_smile:
    Now to go back & do it again today.

51637601.png
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    My little black dress (size 5) is now big for me! I never in a million years thought that would happen!
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    I am wearing all the clothes in my closet that now fit. I have to wear them before they are too big.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Finished the last long run for my 1/2 marathon training schedule this morning. 14 miles, with shoes that are past their prime - and man, do my legs ache.

Three runs left (5mi, 8mi, 5mi) before I'm officially done with this training program and move on to the next thing :smile:
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    These are my favorite threads! I'm realizing that pretty much all my work pants are becoming way too big- including the smaller-sized pair I'd bought recently. Which is awesome, but also frustrating, because now I need to buy more!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Having to tighten the chest strap for my Polar FT4.
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    lol... 3 days sober... better than nothing! B)
  • ACJP2014
    ACJP2014 Posts: 53 Member
    I love all of these, especially as it goes to show that the number on the scales isn't the be all and end all. Great work everyone you should be proud of yourself.

Well after my low day yesterday I have two new NSVs.

1. In the work gym a co-worker came in to get some water and said she was impressed at the weight I was lifting was "F***ing huge" -6kg. Put a huge smile on my face.
    2. Went for a 20 minute run (Week 5 of C25K), it was on the treadmill in the gym and it was a slow pace. But still I mentally pushed myself on.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Noticed today that I have a very little patch of Cellulite on my booty area!!! This is the only area I've ever had it and it use to run down my thigh's but it's all tightening up :D
  • steffgray
    steffgray Posts: 3 Member
    I rarely post but am sure that someone on here is struggling with the same issues.

But first, my NSV. I changed gyms 90 days ago and they ran a special that allows you to recover your initiation fee if you go 36 times in your first 90 days. That's a challenge because I also train with an unaffiliated trainer 2 days a week. I did it. I worked out 58 times in the past 90 days. That's right folks! I'm pretty dedicated, but even I am proud of that one!

I struggle because my diet and exercise are solid. I do a combo of HIIT conditioning and strength/heavy lifting. I cook at least six of my dinners a week and have sustained a low-carb (moderation) diet for two years. I eat a lot of protein, a medium amount of fat and low carbs. I get plenty of rest. My biggest challenge is hydration.

While my body composition has changed tremendously, I have been stuck at 138 for about a year. That's a gain for me - I had gotten down at one point to 129. I am 5'2". It's fine. I can live with my scale weight, but I can't understand why I'm still showing up to 26 percent body fat with my dedication to diet and exercise.

Can anyone relate?
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Traveling for work and hungry at 10pm (with still more work to do) I grabbed a packet of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. But I only ate one of the cups! That's HUGE for me!
  • Finally purchased leggings because for the first time since that fashion trend began, I feel like I look good wearing them. Yes, small amount of vanity there, I'm okay with that.
  • wealthygirl
    wealthygirl Posts: 40 Member
    Bracelets that no longer leave impressions around my wrists! :smile:
  • LuckyMunky wrote: »
    lol... 3 days sober... better than nothing! B)
    That's a big accomplishment. Way to go! Keep going :smile:

• mlyn627
    mlyn627 Posts: 104 Member
    Somehow... I now have a thigh gap. I did NOT try for one, I am not thigh-gap obsessed, but I have one. I think it's because my main exercise these past two and a half years has been walking - my legs are super toned and nice for the most part. And while I try very hard not to buy into the "super skinny" thing - I think curves are amazing and Marilyn Monroe is my beauty icon - I admit to feeling a little glee when I saw I had a gap. I used to be 262 lbs. So yes, I'm putting that as my NSV :)
    262 to a thigh gap! You are my hero! That is freaking awesome!
  • mlyn627
    mlyn627 Posts: 104 Member
    The clothes I usually wear are starting to get frumpy, I am moving to the back of my closet where I stashed the "a little to tight" clothes.
  • brucewayne48910
    brucewayne48910 Posts: 54 Member
    running on the treadmill and not feeling like a need a sports bra :D
    Seriously .. putting on large shirt for a change .. Not the XL's ive had to wear
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    When standing up from a seated position, I no longer have to obsess about making sure my shirt is pulled down just right to cover everything. I just stand up, and it usually falls down on its own. And if it doesn't, it's no big deal because I have nothing to hide! Such a liberating feeling!

I know exactly how you feel. I noticed I can now just throw a shirt on and go. I use to have to stretch it out around my hips and pull and tug on it to be comfortable. Not anymore. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!