What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hitting the exercise bike three days in a row now. I know it isn't much but it's great to get back in the exercising groove again! Exercising always gets my mind off the bad food too. I love it!
  • JOLUBUG3
    JOLUBUG3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What does NSV mean? New here.
    I have a success, yesterday, I was able to run a mile straight after not running for the 9 months I was pregnant. My son is 2 months old and I am so proud of myself today cant wait to run today.
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Can easily walk down stairs these days and going up isn't too bad either!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    What does NSV mean? New here.
    I have a success, yesterday, I was able to run a mile straight after not running for the 9 months I was pregnant. My son is 2 months old and I am so proud of myself today cant wait to run today.

NSV= Non-Scale Victory
  • pippaw21
    pippaw21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    at my new gym i'm doing cardio with an interval intensity program (rather than interval training with different speeds). i used to do this at my old gym with different cardio machines, but could never do it on the elliptical. now i am. last week i could only manage 10 mins; this week i managed 15 :) i think my form is improving with my romanian deadlifts, and i've added weights to my stepups where i was only doing bodyweight before.

i'm back into my favourite skirt (which means i am near a UK 20 again - it's a big-fitting size 20 - i was realistically between a UK 22-24 a few months ago) and able to fit into a new skirt i'd bought a few months back because i adored the pattern even though it cut into me so bad when i tried it on.

a dress i bought a month or so ago that was comfortably loose on me is now bordering on too big and gaping at the neck and back.

and today i have indulged with cake & cider but am still under my net calories goal and i'm not hungry. win!
  • Dizzzlel
    Dizzzlel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had a former workmate ask me today in a genuine manner if I had lost weight . He's a pretty gruff, mans mans type of guy so it's not something I expected of him. Was good to hear.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am posting a bit too frequently here but I tried on some of my winter coats today that were too tight last year and they fit and have room in!! One of them is a vintage coat my DH bought me when we met before marriage and pregnancy! I cannot wait to wear it again :happy:
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym after a few days off, thought I'd struggle to get back into it, but ended up adding 10kg to my bench press :)
  • itsmesuv94
    itsmesuv94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought a sweater a month ago...which didn't really fit me well. Today is my 11th day into this journey all over again....and my sweater fits SO MUCH better.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Last weekend I zipped up some Size 8 jeans I haven't been able to wear for a year. They're still a bit on the tight side, but I tried getting them on a couple months ago and even lying down on the bed I couldn't get the zipper closed.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My fall sweaters aren't clinging to my stomach like they did last year. I used to always wear a tank top under them just to look smoother and I haven't had to this year :love: .

I had an insanely unflattering picture taken of me at my one best friends wedding the other week (and then someone tagged it on Facebook :noway: ) but it didn't make me fall into a bowl of cookie dough like a picture like that normally would. I just sucked it up and reminded myself that the dress I was in was a size smaller than I normally wore and I looked fierce lol. So wv if my arms looked bad haha.
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I put on a skirt that I have not worn for a couple of years because it was too tight in the waist. It hung like a sack. Tried on a fall
    jacket and a medium fit. Yeah for MFP!
  • dawnkent0626
    dawnkent0626 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Pants that I was so excited to finally fit into three months ago are now about 4" too big.
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I put on a brand new pair of khakis this morning. I get to work and my friend (always supportive and encouraging) says, "You could have bough those a size smaller."

How cool is that?
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    running - albeit slowly- a full 10K this past weekend. My time was slower than my first 10K but I ran every step and all my running friends said it was hard this time
  • weavernv
    weavernv Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Last month I bought size 8 jeans, and I went and tried on size 6 last night and they fit!
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Do NSV count for exercise goals too? If so, I managed to finish my last 5K in under 45 minutes. That was HUGE for me. I've only been doing this 2.5 months. I haven't been able to finish the C25K program yet, but I will :).
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Last night I was able to do 30 seconds straight of burpees, then 30 seconds straight of scissor hops, then another 30 seconds of burpees and another 30 seconds of scissor hops without stopping. I almost died afterwards, but I still did it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!