What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    These are all so good. Wish there was a "like" button for posts! I realized today that I no longer have back rolls. Still have back fat but when I sit, there are not any actual rolls. I remember how I hated feeling those rolls when I was sitting. They were so uncomfortable. So glad to have those gone! What about you...anything awesome happen recently that made you realize how worth it all this hard work is?
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    L7 panties....mentioning my unmentionables.
  • StrongHealthyPowerful
    Options
    These are all so good. Wish there was a "like" button for posts! I realized today that I no longer have back rolls. Still have back fat but when I sit, there are not any actual rolls. I remember how I hated feeling those rolls when I was sitting. They were so uncomfortable. So glad to have those gone! What about you...anything awesome happen recently that made you realize how worth it all this hard work is?

I wish there was a like button too. So many of these are so cool and heartwarming (not to mention impressive)!

I also have noticed that my back is feeling pretty lean these days. I think I’m even starting to feel those muscles that run down the side of your backbone in the back? I’m not sure what they’re called (google says maybe erector spinae muscles?), but something sure feels different back there and I like it!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    L7 panties....mentioning my unmentionables.

Not gonna lie I read that as 'el seven' aka square. And I'm like "why does she have square undies?" but yay!

Anyhow, tomorrow I'm running my second half marathon. I'm sure I'll be on here tomorrow updating with my time :happy:
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    Bumping to read some more awesome NSV's!! Love it! Mine would be buying a pair of skinny jeans in a jr size and my daughter saying I should get them because they made me look slim. What about you?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I baked all weekend and only ate 3 cookies and a couple of pieces of fudge! (Okay, so I did lick the bowl of chocolate frosting and have a few bites of cookie dough, but still WAY better than I would have before!) Thanks to extra miles on the bicycle, I didn't even go over my calorie goal!
  • fitfatty88
    Options
    So I said I'd check in with my half time from Saturday... I managed to finish in 3:28:49! About 7 minutes faster than my half time in May! I didn't stop moving the entire time, even with the killer hills.
    Then, even though I was in pain, on Sunday I still managed to spend 5 hours out at the Geneva Grape Jamboree walking around with my friends.
  • nixdieting
    nixdieting Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I landed myself a job today and it's been 15 years since I last worked. I had to let them know what size uniform I required and I was really pleased to say a UK Size 10, the lowest size I've ever been! :D
  • manderthegreat
    manderthegreat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I actually fit in my bathtub better haha. I usually take showers but decided for a nice hot bath after a serious workout and was so surprised that my hips didn't touch the sides when I sat down! I am down from 378 to 338 right now, can't wait to see how well I fit when I get to my goal weight. lol
  • starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I ran a 5k yesterday with a group of friends who are way smaller than me, and not only did I run under my goal time, but I was the first in our group to cross the finish line! I'm not near my weight loss goal yet, but I know I'm getting fit!
  • cdavis1511
    cdavis1511 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My husband keeps telling me I stink from sweating after a workout! I don't necessarily like to hear that I stink - but my goal recently is to be stinkier (it means I'm working harder, right?) (Side note: It's not a malicious tone - just lighthearted teasing)
  • mlyn627
    mlyn627 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Best of all though, I finally feel confident enough to not wear "cover up" clothes. Long-ish shirts to hide my lower tummy. Loose fitting shirts. Tank tops with a button up top over it that covers my stomach. Light jackets even when the weather didn't call for it. All to cover up my body, my stomach -the body I felt so uncomfortable in. So many warm San Francisco days spent in more layers than I wanted to. Not anymore. Now I go out in a simple top, and the feeling of freedom, to feel the air on my skin, to feel like a ::part:: of the world, is something I just can't put into words.

I love this! I can't wait to have that feeling of freedom! I can't wait to not cover up!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Bought a Columbia jacket last year "Knowing" it would fit soon. Well a year later but I managed to zip it today? :bigsmile:
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    I know there must be some more awesome NSVs out there. Let's hear it! Time to brag and show how all your hard work is paying off. So much encouragement here, and nothing is too small!
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I realized that my shadow has lost weight, too!! At the beginning of the summer, I saw my shadow and it looked huge. Just other day, I noticed how much thinner it looked. It was a great moment....you can't hide from your shadow. Now, it is not mocking me. :flowerforyou: ~Skye
  • ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My pants are looser-- again! Down the next belt loop!
    I also zipped up a jacket I usually have a hard time getting to the top.. not sure if I imagined that or if my boobs shrunk... I hope not!! :frown:
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My husband folding laundry last night when he holds up a shirt of mine up and goes "we REALLY need to take you shopping! There's no way this thing fits you anymore you skinny Minnie." Hahah caught me off guard and I was like yea, it is time to shop haha
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I posted a topless picture online. No one bar my wife and a couple of ex girlfriends have seen me topless in well over a decade.
  • fitfatty88
    Options
    Any time I'm going to put on a sweater I instinctively grab a tank top to put underneath it. Every sweater I owned as always been a little clingy on my stomach and the tank helps smooth it out a bit. Well, this is now my second time wearing a sweater without the tank on and the sweater is a little baggy on the bottom.

I haven't been able to see a change on the scale at all, I know I gained from how much I ate before and after my run, it's the dreaded TOM, and haven't been able to do my monthly measurements yet, but this felt nice.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!