What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I just bought some new workout tees from Target in size medium! :-) And I've lost 12.5 percentage points off my body fat% since the first of July. My body fat% and BMI are now in the healthy range. I still have some fat to lose and some muscle to gain, but I'm excited that I am moving in the right direction! Plus I increased my weight on the horizontal bench press to 150 lbs. this week.
  • hiryze
    hiryze Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I completed a 1x5 deadlift set 5 pounds below my body weight 2 days ago. Monday, I hope to complete a set at my body weight! Not bad for a 30 something year old mom.
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    AShannon54 wrote: »
    Oh and how could I forget this... I hit a new personal best running yesterday - 8 miles with an average of 9:50 per mile. Best shape of my life at age 31!

I think it deserves mentioning that it was 48 degrees outside with a heavy mist and north wind. I don't want inclement weather to be my excuse for not keeping up on my workouts. It started actually raining during mile 6 and I looked up at the sky and told those clouds "you can't stop me or hold me back... I am going to get a new PR today!"

Outstanding! That's some dedication there!!
  • LazPagz
    LazPagz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i just bought a coat in Topshop! size 22 me never thought she'd see this day!
  • ChrisC8181
    ChrisC8181 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    PR today in a 5k race. Earlier this year, I finished a 5k in 35:48 and today, finished with a time of 33:40. In 2013, I finished in over 40 minutes. Progress!
  • foodiscomplicated
    foodiscomplicated Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    cqbtqv398ft0.jpg
    This vintage etsy buy came in the mail today, and IT FITS!!

Adorable.

• buzz3d269
    buzz3d269 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have one, I have one! I'm staying at a hotel, and just realised that the normal sized towels wrap around my body, without showing the world everything! (I normally use a massive bath sheet that is very good at not showing the world my everything!)
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    buzz3d269 wrote: »
    I have one, I have one! I'm staying at a hotel, and just realised that the normal sized towels wrap around my body, without showing the world everything! (I normally use a massive bath sheet that is very good at not showing the world my everything!)

That's awesome, well done, and you just totally made me realise that I've reached this NSV too, it hadn't even crossed my mind! :D
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    As of today, I am half way through the Zombies, Run 5K training program!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    my size 36 jeans fit. not too snug but fit none the less. i dont think i have worn them that size since i was 21 (23 years ago)

hit 221 on the scale. after about 2.5 years here on MFP and starting at 296

while lifting at the gym i actually noticed the muscles in my arms and not the fat
  • MachiavelliNZ
    MachiavelliNZ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    epido wrote: »

Hooray! I zombie-run too. I actually gave up on the training program but restarting running again with the main app and I've stuck with it and am now on Season 2! It's really motivating.

I also have a new NSV from today. A while ago, I started walking to work every second day. When I first started it was so tough on my super-unfit body that it was quite difficult, I got blisters on my feet, a sore leg... the works. I stuck with it. Today I managed to jog the entire 3.5km without stopping once.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    epido wrote: »

Hooray! I zombie-run too. I actually gave up on the training program but restarting running again with the main app and I've stuck with it and am now on Season 2! It's really motivating.

Can I follow you? I'm epido on the website, if you want to add me.

I can't wait to finish the 5k program, and start the main app. I want to be able to see the changes to Able on the base map as I progress through the game!
  • 2bizzybee
    2bizzybee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was able to wear my engagement ring and wedding band! It has been
    over 4 years.
  • IreneLily
    IreneLily Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Since joining a gym and really starting to work on my weight loss five weeks ago, I've averaged 12+ hours of exercise a week...despite having two broken toes and a broken metatarsal in my right foot. I've had to take care not to do certain movements because I want the breaks to heal properly, but I haven't let it be an excuse to myself not to work hard :smile:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to my first workout class in over 6 weeks after breaking my leg. This morning I feel wonderful! I'm a little sore, but mostly I'm no longer feeling stiff in every joint.
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have 2 ^.^ : 1. I have realised my goal is to lose a couple of cm off my belly and waist. I have calmed my mind and i am not chasing the impossible anymore by setting unrealisitic goals, and i ll take my sweet time for it too :-) 2. I can fit in a pants i coudn t zip up a few weeks ago :-)))) super happy :-)

Ps: so happy for everyones NSV, you really encourage me !
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Not a specific NSV, but I get compliments almost daily. Great motivator to keep going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!