Challenge Group (New Members Welcome!!!) 5/2-5/8

Options
loveme445
loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
This thread is one in which a new fitness and dietary challenge is posted each week. The challenges begin on Monday. Lets keep this rolling!

Here are the challenges/format to post for this week: (ANY one can join in at ANY time!)
_________________________________________________________________________________________

FITNESS CHALLENGE:
Travel 20 miles through exercise this week (Walking, Jogging, Elliptical, Swimming, Stair Master, etc.)

DIETARY CHALLENGE:
Consume 3 servings of Dairy every day
Here is a link with examples of dairy: http://www.mypyramid.gov/pyramid/milk.html __________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the format to post your updates and track your progress: (can be copy/pasted to post daily, weekly, whenever!)

MON –Miles: ## ~ Servings of Dairy: ##
TUES – Miles: ## ~ Servings of Dairy: ##
WED – Miles: ## ~ Servings of Dairy: ##
THU – Miles: ## ~ Servings of Dairy: ##
FRI – Miles: ## ~ Servings of Dairy: ##
SAT – Miles: ## ~ Servings of Dairy: ##
SUN – Miles: ## ~ Servings of Dairy: ##

Total Miles: ##/20
Total Servings of Dairy: ##/21

Good luck! :drinker: (water)

Replies

• beloslover
    beloslover Posts: 22
    Options
    I want to do this one, but I can not have dairy... I am lactose intolerant and have to take calcium supplements...
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    I may count my whey protein as a dairy.. I mean hey it comes from dairy lol. I can't OD dairy right noe... not with my strict carb cycling. But I am usually at least 1 serving everyday and then i get my whey everyday.

This mileage thing is GOOOOOD I still need to get in 250 by the end of June!!! haha
    Thanks!!!!
  • lovemyboobala
    Options
    Count me in. I think I will have to limit my dairy count to 1 serving a day, but I'm psyched for the miles motivation and just getting started. This is my first time on the site and I'm so ready for the challenge - thanks!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm in...again. I didn't do too well last week. I'm working on consistency now! I look forward to posting throughout the week!
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    hmmmm....dairy is ok, the miles will be a LOT harder....
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    LOVE IT :heart: :bigsmile::heart:

I'm in again...thanks!!!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Pam
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join, but I need to modify it a bit because I am lactose intolerant. So I will aim for 2 servings (calcium vitamin and almond milk). Hope that is okay.
  • tbever
    tbever Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am in! Dairy will be a challenge for me!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Count me in for this one too!
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I will give it a go. bugger i didnt look at my kms tonight at the gym.
  • Polish_Princess
    Options
    I'm in for this week's challenge! Going to the gym this morning for a treadmill class called trekking. The dairy will be good, I usually have 2 glasses (8oz) of milk at dinner and usually a cup in my cereal.
  • she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Options
    I might actually have to work at the dairy thing, since I don't actually eat it that much (despite a love of all things cheesy). Miles will be difficult too, as I have a treadmill and stationary bike at home that I use, but both of them are so old that they don't actually keep track of anything anymore....
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!! :wink: This will be my 3rd week and I am really enjoying these challenges!!!! :love: Let's make this a FLAB-YOU-LESS WEEK ladies!!!!! :drinker:

Make it a great Monday!!!!
    Sabrina:bigsmile:

MON –Miles: ## ~ Servings of Dairy: ##

Total Servings of Dairy: ##/21

Good luck! (water)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm conflicted with dairy. I won't be counting it. I've been eating too much dairy lately, so I was actually thinking to cut back more. :wink:

** To those taking Calcium supplements, if it doesn't already have Magnesium in it, remember that Magnesium improves the absorption of Calcium! :drinker:

MON –Miles: ##
    TUES – Miles: ##
    WED – Miles: ##
    THU – Miles: ##
    FRI – Miles: ##
    SAT – Miles: ##
    SUN – Miles: ##

• mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    MON –Kms: 3 ~ Servings of Dairy: 3
    TUES – Kms: ## ~ Servings of Dairy: ##
    WED – Kms: ## ~ Servings of Dairy: ##
    THU – Kms: ## ~ Servings of Dairy: ##
    FRI – Kms: ## ~ Servings of Dairy: ##
    SAT – Kms: ## ~ Servings of Dairy: ##
    SUN – Kms: ## ~ Servings of Dairy: ##

Total Kms: 3/32
    Total Servings of Dairy: 3/21

Converted the miles to Kms so easier for me to track without converting each one.
    Only worked out roughly today for Kms aas didnt look at gym
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I so want to make this happen. 20 miles will be hard for me, as I'm a working mom who is home alone every afternoon/night with my daughter, b/c my hubby works nights, so getting in traveling workouts is tough. But maybe this is the week that I'll institute actually taking a lunch break and with walks...
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Totally in for the mileage this week -- got about 3 in this morning on the treadmill alone, probably another 1/2 mile with the pup, too (I'll have to pull out my pedometer, or map it out!).

As to dairy, like others, I'm not sure that will be easy, as I am trying to cut back on it as well. Not lactose intolerant, but I have overdone in the past, and feel sluggish when I eat it too much. But I'll keep track and add to the challenge to track when I've taken my vitamins and calcium supplement!!

Loved the water challenge last week, will try to keep "aiming for 80" this week, too!

Catchya later!

:heart:
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Alright--I'm in!

Dairy doesn't sit TOO well with me, but I do eat it at least once a day. I'm going to use this to keep me on track with taking my supplement--that will count as a serving.
  • cyntia
    cyntia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    how do i know if i went a certain mile on the treadmill is there a time limit??
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    MON –Miles: 4.5 ~ Servings of Dairy: 3

Total Miles 4.5/20
    Dairy 3/21

I had an amazing walk today!! :love: I walked all the way around Woodmont Country Club & Golf Course to Pine Island and back home!! :bigsmile: It took me 95 min. and I burned 1003 calories!!!! :drinker: YEAH!!! But, It is so smokin HOT already here in Florida!!!:smokin: UGH!!!:noway: I left at 9:30 a.m. but, I think I need to leave earlier!!!

Have a FLAB-YOU-LESS DAY!!!! :flowerforyou:
    :heart: Sabrina