Thanksgiving- Are you counting calories or macros?

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    plus it would take me about 30 minutes to weigh out one plate of my meal as I tend to load up ...
  • Twinmamamarion
    Twinmamamarion Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to get a killer work out in in the AM. Then I'm going to eat my weight in Thanksgiving food. Then I'll go for a walk. Then I'll eat my weight in pie. Then I"ll take a nap. And kill it again on Friday. Thanksgiving is my favorite.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Logging, but not limiting.
  • RushBabe_214
    Options
    Neither. I can't be bothered on holidays. One day will not derail my progress.
  • jennycina93
    jennycina93 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Let's be honest. I will not log probably for most of the weekend. MFP will still be here on Monday when the holidays are over.
  • kmhenry84
    kmhenry84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Nope. It's one day.
  • SteveMoto
    SteveMoto Posts: 41 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Calories. I plan on doing a nice long run in the morning so I'll have plenty in the bank. But also agree with RushBabe_214.
  • Twinmamamarion
    Twinmamamarion Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Although having read all of this, maybe I will?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Nah. But I'm not going to stuff my face all day either.

you are not going for the 6000 calorie challenge?
  • tar0809
    tar0809 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I probably won't log into MFP but I am going to limit myself and try not to over-indulge but I will still have a little bit of dessert and what not.
  • jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Definitely counted and logged... went over but hey, I can make it up and if not, that's ok.
  • idolessecstasy
    idolessecstasy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm tracking mostly because no one in my family is actually going to be *making* food because everyone is busy. So one day isn't going to kill me, especially if I'm going straight back to myfitnesspal on Friday, so...
  • Shereewhitney88
    Shereewhitney88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Nope. The final number will stress me out wayyyyy to much lol
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Nah. But I'm not going to stuff my face all day either.

you are not going for the 6000 calorie challenge?

I would so do that, but having been ill since Thursday now I'm not sure it would be wise. Stupid malfunctioning intestines. :cry:
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I did, just so I knew what I had consumed.
  • oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I would like to log but I'm invited (not wanting to look over the hostess' shoulder and quiz her about her cooking) and could only guess at the ingredients and measures anyway, so I'll just try to eat a not-too-huge portion and call it a day. :smile:
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out my plan of action for Thanksgiving. Fortunately, I am off this week so I have an opportunity to work out twice tomorrow and Wednesday, to prepare for the big day! I don't think I'm going to stress myself out counting the calories. I already know I'm going to overeat. I'm going to try to be very strict with healthy eating the next few days. No extra snacking. Hopefully the extra exercise and healthy choices leading up to Thanksgiving, will balance the week out in the end for me. Happy Holidays!
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in for the 6000 challenge!

unfortunately, I won't be able to log; my sister has this "no cell phones at the table" rule, so I'm just going to have to give it my all, and hope for the best.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Are we talking 6000 calories just for Thanksgiving dinner? Or for the whole day?