I'm in the process of trying all the Quest Bar flavours- mini review inside

13»

Replies

• Chaotic_Weevil
    Chaotic_Weevil Posts: 199 Member
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Straight Up

I was surprised by the sheer amount of chocolate pieces in this, the bar tasted and looked very chocolaty, but not weird or fake which was nice. This seemed a little drier than other bars.

Microwaved

This was great microwaved. It tasted and smelled exactly like warmed up CC cookie dough. Wonderful for a sweet craving, however it could almost be too sweet for non-chocoholics

Baked-

I literally would not be able to differentiate this from an actual, regular fresh choc chip cookie. It tasted better than some actual cookies I've eaten in the past. 10/10
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    How do you bake these? (Temp/time) how long do youocrowave th for?
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    How do you bake these? (Temp/time) how long do you microwave them for?

On my phone and my fat fingers can't hit the edit I on:/
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    edited November 2014
    arditarose wrote: »
    Has anyone here tried to make homemade quest bars?? (This way I don't burn multiple holes in my wallet)

I was thinking about that the other day. I think it'd be hard to find a correct recipe, plus - didn't their protein powder just become available? It would make sense to me if they never put it on the market, people making their own would be a loss for them.

Found a way to make them at home - which seems pretty time consuming, but anything is possible busybuthealthy.com/homemade-quest-protein-bars/

After the holidays Im going to try to make them once i gather the ingredients.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    I think my least favorite so far is the strawberry cheesecake.

Yes, for me too.
  • Chaotic_Weevil
    Chaotic_Weevil Posts: 199 Member

I normally put them in at 180•C for 5-6 minutes.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    I have never had a Quest bar. In fact never heard of them before coming to MFP.
  • 19wilson88
    19wilson88 Posts: 30 Member
    You can go on their website and get two free bars to sample. No charge totally free all it asks for is your name address and an email. You can opt in or out for more emails and offers. It let's you choose from three sets of two flavors. I think it said takes 4 to 6 weeks but who cares its free.

Can you link to the page with free samples? I can't seem to find it.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member

I normally put them in at 180•C for 5-6 minutes.

Disclaimer: Not a huge fan of any of the Quest flavors. PB&J I thought bordered on good, much to my surprise.

Worst flavor bar none for me was the mixed berry one. I took one bite and wanted to throw up. Spit it out in a hurry. That was the only flavor I had such a negative reaction to - the others I found to be 'eh'.
  • 19wilson88 wrote: »
    You can go on their website and get two free bars to sample. No charge totally free all it asks for is your name address and an email. You can opt in or out for more emails and offers. It let's you choose from three sets of two flavors. I think it said takes 4 to 6 weeks but who cares its free.

Can you link to the page with free samples? I can't seem to find it.

Let me look for it again and I'll try and link it. Or at least tell you where to find it on their website. I'm pretty sure if you type in quest bar free sample in a search engine it should show up the right page. But let me look and see what I can find.
  • Questnutrition.com/freesample is what shows up as the first thing on Chrome when you search for quest bars free sample. That's their webpage and when you click that link it will take you through the process of getting your samples. All they ask for is your email and who you are and where to send the bars. You pick from like three different pairs.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    I've tried nearly all of them (but for the S'mores bar, that's new and I can't find it anywhere yet).

I've only had them straight out of the pack, no baking or anything.

My absolute favorite one is Apple Pie, no question about it. Chocolate Brownie and Double Chocolate Chunk aren't far behind. The worst ones - Lemon Cream Pie (ugh!!!!!) and Banana Nut Muffin. Not a fan of the Cinnamon Roll, either, though I had one recently and it was better than I remembered. The rest are just "okay", nothing special. I was one of the FEW ones that didn't go mad over the Cookies and Cream - it's just "alright".

Can't wait to try the S'mores one.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Yeah, the lemon cream pie was pretty disgusting. So far, it's the only flavor I wasn't able to force myself to finish. I ended up throwing it in the trash.